ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta out, Impreza in & still not another Clio as yet.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well I sold my little 1.0 Mk2 Fiesta around a month ago and a couple of weeks later I picked this up to replace it. They aren't comparable, even slightly haha. Fiesta was a stop gap project while I bought my new house and now that's happened its back to something fruitier.

I had promised myself another 1*2 but that hasn't happened yet, I do still have a lot of goodies for when I do get another Clio and this will be happening next year hopefully.

New car is a 2005 Impreza WRX STi Widetrack with DCCD. Bought knowing it had minimum of the PPP 300bhp upgrade fitted (2.5" exhaust, sports cat, fuel pump & remap). It turns out it also has a 3" Mongoose decatted turbo back exhaust. I have added the JDM carbon strut brace and the Perrin short ram intake as well as an Exedy pink box clutch kit & a lightweight steel flywheel.

Goes in for a full health check, rolling road/mapping session next week.

untitled-7_zpsc8997dc3.jpg

untitled-6_zpsf6b77a3a.jpg

3_zps9b34c85c.jpg

5_zps701c48a3.jpg

6_zps3ced4dc7.jpg

Strutbraceandinductionkitadded_zps2c4bdc4f.jpg

Rob

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice! I had a 322bhp WRX not long ago. I bloody loved that car!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well been fairly busy this last few days.

Cheers for all the comments - I paid £10k for it which isn't to bad considering they are still fetching more money than a lot of Hawk Eye Imprezas.

Today I went to Scoobyclinic and had the following done:
- GFB 50/50 dump valve
- Perrin boost solenoid
- Custom mapping session

Also talked over a load of future potential plans for next year as well.

The results came in at 333bhp and around 345Ib/ft:

Frontonrollers_zps69f84d4d.jpg

Rearonrollers_zpsbb0de172.jpg

Powergraph_zps99e7d2df.jpg

LY 200 EDC LUX
Awesome. I've been back to subaru twice after coming away from them........and now I'm going back again. You DEFINATELY have the best model aswell, widetrack uk blob. I owned a JDM blob previously. Didnt have the character of the single scroll turbo uk cars. Technically better, but not as fun or enjoyable overall as an equivalent uk blob.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nice. Don't regret selling mine though due to the running costs lol... looks superb there on the rollers, only thing letting it down for me is the non-standard font number plate!

Peugeot 308
Yeah... I like that!

Regret not getting a scooby at times and looking at this certainly doesn't help :persevere:

182 Cup & DCi 172
Nice. Don't regret selling mine though due to the running costs lol... looks superb there on the rollers, only thing letting it down for me is the non-standard font number plate!

I must admit, I'm not keen on the plates either

^^^ Please change those plates though!

Have no idea why people think they look good tbh!?

The car came with these plates and not wasting money changing them when I am waiting for my private plate to be assigned to the car haha. Will be sorted within a fortnight hopefully.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
300+ blobeye friend :smile:

I've had my Wrx for a full 7 days now and can safely say its an epic piece of kit.. I'm sure the sti is phenomenal! 50/50 DV any good? Running no BoV (silicone bung mod) is worrying me a little although I haven't driven mine hard yet and the turbo is only 2k miles old so I'm sure it's not 'that bad' for now..

Anyways.. Lovely car! Good choice :smile:

182 Cup & DCi 172
300+ blobeye friend :smile:

I've had my Wrx for a full 7 days now and can safely say its an epic piece of kit.. I'm sure the sti is phenomenal! 50/50 DV any good? Running no BoV (silicone bung mod) is worrying me a little although I haven't driven mine hard yet and the turbo is only 2k miles old so I'm sure it's not 'that bad' for now..

Anyways.. Lovely car! Good choice :smile:

As far as the dump valves go on these my top tips are - don't use Bailey's (they run very poor). Also make sure the map is tweaked to suit whatever dump valve is on to make sure it takes into account the change in performance and air flow.

Mine had the Baileys - came with the car, was sticking intermittently when coming on/off boost when driving in a spirited manner.

Is your turbo a standard replacement or uprated? The standard ones don't seem to like being exposed to turbo chatter for prolonged periods but the uprated units seem ok.

They are amazing cars and the mapping has completely changed how the car responds especially when pushing on in corners.

Little video of the car:

182 Cup & DCi 172

I must admit, I'm not keen on the plates either

^^^ Please change those plates though!

Have no idea why people think they look good tbh!?

Well the hideous plates are now in the bin haha... and got a few more mods on:

- stripped the headlights - detangoed and painted the inners
- rear debadge bar the STi badge
- carbon exhaust trim

Also got a spare set of wheels ready for semi slicks and a repaint in anthracite as well as the BC racing coilovers and topmounts to go on.

untitled_zps1a183e1e.jpg

DSC_2334_zps45a1a4dd.jpg

Carbonexhausttrim_zps82e69376.jpg

Rearsideview_zps8b6ef4f1.jpg

Frontsideview_zps9390fddf.jpg

DSC_2381_zps64bcba53.jpg

DSC_2380_zps5ea3abea.jpg

DSC_2396_zps07ddf173.jpg

Headon_zps5a6767dd.jpg

Within a few weeks should be looking like this:

Anthracitelowered_zps0ed26516.jpg

Also had a family drive out:

Mine is the front Impreza, my brother (@matty1995) is on here & my parents in their Impreza at the back:

Hecaughtuphaha_zpsfa491968.jpg

All3carpark2_zps5f6b84c7.jpg

All3carpark_zpsa3db9dbe.jpg

Rob

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Fudge me a doughnut I want that!!

I've always been tempted but I have never really known a huge deal about them - so these widetrack jobbies never made it over here?

New car is a 2005 Impreza WRX STi Widetrack with DCCD. Bought knowing it had minimum of the PPP 300bhp upgrade fitted (2.5" exhaust, sports cat, fuel pump & remap). It turns out it also has a 3" Mongoose decatted turbo back exhaust. I have added the JDM carbon strut brace and the Perrin short ram intake as well as an Exedy pink box clutch kit & a lightweight steel flywheel.

Very nice example! If you'd like a genuine red JDM (breakdown / emergency) flare with mounting bracket, (usually fitted in passenger footwell) just send me a PM... Not for use on the Public Highway of course (due to ridiculously strict UK laws). Just off road, car shows etc.

Selling an OE Subaru JDM double din CD player if you're interested?

Last edited:

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Yep very nice , at time I wonder whether I made the right choice , still want a jdm Sti spec c with the ej207.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Fudge me a doughnut I want that!!

I've always been tempted but I have never really known a huge deal about them - so these widetrack jobbies never made it over here?

They were available over here as proper UK models - this is a WRX STi Type UK model. You could get an import version with a twin scroll turbo setup but I wanted a UK model.

Very nice example! If you'd like a genuine red JDM (breakdown / emergency) flare with mounting bracket, (usually fitted in passenger footwell) just send me a PM... Not for use on the Public Highway of course (due to ridiculously strict UK laws). Just off road, car shows etc.

Selling an OE Subaru JDM double din CD player if you're interested?

Cheers! Will pass on the parts - the flare sounds great but would probably end up setting it off haha.

Yep very nice , at time I wonder whether I made the right choice , still want a jdm Sti spec c with the ej207.

You wont go wrong with a Spec C - they have a decent spec on them.

Sorry you paid how much?? Nice car but F me it sounds like you got shafted. My mate paid 5k for his one and that was about four years ago!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've been looking at these off and on for the last few months. You want a decent unmolested one you're looking at at least 8k

182 Cup & DCi 172
Sorry you paid how much?? Nice car but F me it sounds like you got shafted. My mate paid 5k for his one and that was about four years ago!

It wont have been this model haha - you can get a standard STi or even a type UK for that money but you cant get a widetrack version with the DCCD gearbox.

I've been looking at these off and on for the last few months. You want a decent unmolested one you're looking at at least 8k

Yep and even then they will have the usual few stone chips/rust dots on the roof thanks to the very thin paint. The very best examples are still over £12k. I wanted something usable and this will go in for a full paint shoot at Scoobyclinic next year.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Awesome. Wrong colour but still a great car.
Love how you went on a drive with your parents lol. Do they actually drive it or just poodle around?

182 Cup & DCi 172
One of my best mates has a widetrack like this but in the silver colour, I'd love to have it but the running costs are far too high for my liking!

They aren't a cheap runner I agree haha - currently getting between 180-220 miles to £70 of V-Power. Smiles per gallon is much more important ;)

id love one. Do fack all mileage now, so thinks its do able :smile:

Its worth the money on fuel - I have put a fair few miles on mine already as had quite a lot of days out driving with the family.

That looks really nice, enjoy it.

Cheers!

Awesome. Wrong colour but still a great car.
Love how you went on a drive with your parents lol. Do they actually drive it or just poodle around?

Best colour for me ;) My parents love cars, hence the family runs out - me and my brother got project cars at 14 so we could learn how to work on them and get confidence. My Mam drives the Impreza much faster than my Dad, often catch her trying to bait other cars as they don't expect a 5foot 5 business woman to be in that sort of car, especially one who can drive fast haha.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yours is just what i'm after, Blob STI wide track
The problem i have is they seem a mine field. I want one a straight and as un modified as possible, but most have been played with. :(
That, and i know fack all about what im looking at with them, ie engine types etc. Show me any Clio and I know exactly what i'm looking at :(

182 Cup & DCi 172
Yours is just what i'm after, Blob STI wide track
The problem i have is they seem a mine field. I want one a straight and as un modified as possible, but most have been played with. 😧
That, and i know fack all about what im looking at with them, ie engine types etc. Show me any Clio and I know exactly what i'm looking at 😧

I went to look at 3 - ended up doing 1000 miles over a weekend going end to end of the country looking at them. I wanted a low mileage standard version and ended up with this - 70k on clock and not standard haha. I did this because it drove much better than any of the others - mechanically it was superb and came with a brand new set of Bridgestone tyres.

I do plan on getting this resprayed next year so it is perfect but at the end of the day they are coming up 10 year old performance cars so it is getting more difficult to find a good one.

I didn't know much about them so set about looking into them on the forums and there is some great info kicking about.