ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I don't bother with walls round my settlement. They don't get attacked that often plus the turrets do a job

Cayman S Edition 1
Anyone else experienced their generators / weapons being taken offline by raiders? Doesn't happen often, but can be really annoying.

I have found its safer to run each turret wire from a central pylon instead of daisy chaining from turret to turret. Seems that if one goes down, the other get affected otherwise.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah no and again I'll return and all the lights are off! Bit annoying but doesn't happen that often. My settlers are a bunch of shitebags anyway they barely fight back

SQ5
I was turning Warwick Homestead into the H2O Water plant last night, Complete with light box sign. I Wanted to put Warwick Water but that might take a while.

Have PC mods come out for custom wall signs? Was thinking that would be a nice addition.

Tried to put a wall around the perimeter to keep the hordes of enemies that spawn there out but they still seem to spawn inside the green area which is annoying.

I've gone here but can't seem to activate anything?

I had something to go there as it was on map but nobody wants to help?

Cayman S Edition 1

Try going to the Atom Cats first. theres a mission you need to do before you can talk to the settlers.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Weird that, I think it was just a Minutemen quest and I had to clear somewhere out nearby. Spoke to the the main guy there.

Cayman S Edition 1
It's a bug in the game apparently.

Proctor Ingram may not give the holotape back. On PC Version a fix is to open the console, click on Proctor Ingram and type "drop 136331 1" to force her to drop it out of her inventory. it is possible for console users to pickpocket to retrieve it

Inferno 225 cup
It's a bug in the game apparently.

Proctor Ingram may not give the holotape back. On PC Version a fix is to open the console, click on Proctor Ingram and type "drop 136331 1" to force her to drop it out of her inventory. it is possible for console users to pickpocket to retrieve it
That's s**t.

He doesn't have it even if I pick pocket him.

He gets all irate then Palladin kicks his head in.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Know what you mean. I got up to level 112 and I'm just running out of things to do.
You need the below...
1, Job
2, Wife
3, Car to work on
4, Hobby

LOL, I thought I'd put some hours in and I've only level 53.

Cayman S Edition 1
Patch is out on the consoles. Good to see it hasn't resolved a bug where I can't complete the "Defend the Castle" mission still.

Gameplay Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Improved performance when looking through a scope
  • Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
  • Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
  • Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
  • Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
  • Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
  • Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
  • Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
  • MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
  • Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
  • Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
  • Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
  • Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
  • Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
  • Robotics expert is now usable in combat
  • Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
  • Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
Quest Fixes

• Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
  • Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
  • Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
  • Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
  • Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
  • Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
  • Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
  • Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
  • In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
  • Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
  • After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
  • Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
  • During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
  • In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
  • During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
  • In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
  • Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
Workshop Fixes

• Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
  • Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
  • Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
  • Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
  • Building wires no longer uses up copper
  • Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
  • Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
  • Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
  • Diamond City house now shows provided power
  • Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
  • Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
  • Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

340i
Level 45 now.

I've been to the institute, that was a mind bender!

I am still enjoying the game, but certain aspects are starting to feel repetitive...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
***IMPORTANT***:

The price of the Season Pass will go from £24.99 to £39.99 on the 1st March 2016. If you want to get the games expansions, it is advisable to buy the Season Pass before 1st March so you pay less.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/16/11018046/fallout-4-dlc-schedule-prices-season-pass

Bethesda have said that anyone that pays the current price will get exactly the same as those who pay the increased price.

"That will no longer be the case as of March 1, when, "given the expanded DLC plan," Bethesda will raise the price of the Fallout 4 season pass from $29.99 to $49.99 in North America (and from £24.99 to £39.99 in the U.K.). Bethesda noted that anyone who already purchased the season pass, or who buys it before March 1, will get all of Fallout 4's paid add-ons for the original $29.99 price."

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Such a ploy to get folk to buy it now regardless of wether they want it or not. Why are they raising the price? It's already expensive never mind a further increase

Clio
New DLC isn't up to scratch so get as many people signed up and paid as possible before it is released and people start bitching. Price will then drop again in the future when they've sorted it all out.

Cayman S Edition 1
I've already had just under 300 hours game play for £40, so more than happy to splash out another £25 for extra content.

Considering some games of the same price only give around 15 hours of single player game time, its not that bad;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
That's what I think, the game was cheap for what I got out of it, happy to pay for more and may as well get it at the cheaper price.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Fair enough if that's what you think but it is without doubt a money making plot to get folk to buy the season pass. In business that's poor practice.

We are gonna put the price up so you better buy it right now!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If it is a money making ploy, then I'm not too bothered, I'm happy that my money is supporting a developer that makes games that I love.

I listened to something the other day which was quite pertinent.

Developers aren't making enough money from the selling of games. Games have retailed at about £40 (and relative in other currencies) for about a decade now. The price of games is long overdue to go up, but it requires collusion between all devs/publishers, and it'll be a huge PR disaster; people get really emotive about the price of gaming yet don't complain when Sky or BT up their bill each year (they might grumble, but pay it anyway).

Therefore, the devs have to make money somehow, and that's usually through DLC and microtransactions.

Back in 2005, you would've paid £40 for a game with a 5-6 hour campaign, today you can buy The Witcher 3 for £40 and have over 100 hours of campaign.

Games are increasingly becoming great value for consumers, but people always focus on price, it's why companies that sell products will often reduce the size of the product rather than changing the price - but devs/publishers can't do this.

In terms of value for money, a game like Witcher 3, Fallout 4 or MGSV:TPP offers more value for money for me and many others in terms of cost vs usage than a TV license, possibly even my internet connection.

Some publishers can push out the same stuff year on year that is basically a redress of the same thing they did last year, like EA or Ubisoft, they probably make money out of selling games for £40, but developers like Bethesda, CD Projekt Red & Naughty Dog that are pushing the boundaries of gaming deserve to be rewarded IMO.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Most next gen games are £50 when new.
RRP on UK PSN/XBL, yeah, but never £50 physical, there's always somewhere doing it cheaper like base, simplygames etc.

Far Cry Primal is a AAA title out next week readily available for £40 on release day at multiple common shops.

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
What are people's must have perks?

For me, critical banker is a great perk. Also intense focus where each consecutive shot in vats becomes more accurate. I'm a stealthy sniper utilitarian character at the moment.

I'm trying to hunt down a two shot hunting rifle but they're rare to come by.
Managed to bag myself a Two shot 10mm and Lazer pistol which are funny. 98 dmg at the moment which is multiplied 2 as it's two shot, then by x5 with a successful sneak attack and +20% with the sandman perk when using a silencer. Can one shot most things now!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member

For me, critical banker is a great perk. Also intense focus where each consecutive shot in vats becomes more accurate. I'm a stealthy sniper utilitarian character at the moment.

Managed to bag myself a Two shot 10mm and Lazer pistol which are funny. 98 dmg at the moment which is multiplied 2 as it's two shot, then by x5 with a successful sneak attack and +20% with the sandman perk when using a silencer. Can one shot most things now!
If you're stealthy then 100% Sneak is the must have perk.

First star gets you 2.5x damage, second gets you 3.0x, and third gets you 3.5x.

Also, the one that gets you more AP points in VATS, and the one that regenerates AP points faster.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh they're pretty well must haves I reckon! I'm tempted to start leveling up the explosives perk. I like the idea of a grenade arch and much more damage.

340i

Go to Vault 81... Once you gain access you can buy a rifle called 'Overseers Guardian'.

2 shot rilfe ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Got the season pass earlier. Thought Fcuk it. For the price, and how much I will play the game, it's worth it.

The DLC for COD on the other hand I don't see the benefit in

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I won't be bothering with the dlc.

I've been bang In to this game and put about 200 hours or so in up to press. However it's starting to get a bit repetitive and the story has gone off on a random tangent.

Preston garvery is a c**t. I can't do anything at sanctuary hills ever without him giving me something to do that I've already done about 100 times