ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Turn the difficulty down?

I seem to have lost interest in it, might just need to do some proper missions rather than base building.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I was playing this solid when first got it, sink like 4 hours in and feel like got nowhere.
got very repetitive. kept getting stronger weapons but then the bosses would just seem stronger and stronger.

is there a weapon that is just the nuts and where can I get it.. I know if I play it will play again lots just wish could walk round and kill things easy rather than the hassle of trying to avoid as they take some fair ammo.. if that makes sense

Wheres the fun in just being able to beast everything.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've been on this recently again, hammered it in Decemeber and didn't play it since. Still amazing, I'm 80+ hours in and still learning. Only game I have other than Forza.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was playing this solid when first got it, sink like 4 hours in and feel like got nowhere.
got very repetitive. kept getting stronger weapons but then the bosses would just seem stronger and stronger.

is there a weapon that is just the nuts and where can I get it.. I know if I play it will play again lots just wish could walk round and kill things easy rather than the hassle of trying to avoid as they take some fair ammo.. if that makes sense

Overseers guardian with the rifle perk one hit kills most things.

It will wipe out a legendary mythical deathclaw in 4/5 shots

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been playing this on and off for the past 9 months.

Must be 250 hours in easy. Level 70 and still got loads to do. I've not discovered all the locations yet.

I've got a full set of modified heavy combat armour bar the helmet because I've got a trilby hat with level 5 ballistics weave. Also got military fatigues with level 5 ballistics weave too.

Once the story line has been completed I might buy all the DLC's

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The DLC stuff is really good. Had a few hours on Nuka World over weekend.

Level 56 now too. Favourite weapon at minute is Atoms Judgment super sledge. 84 damage and 100 radiation inflicted.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Nuka World is by far the best for FO4 then Far Harbour. Nuka World is the hardest DLC I've played for a fallout game, followed by the Divide.

Megane 250
Not played this for a few months, got stuck on one part, then decided to leave it and wasted numerous hours on division.

Gonna have another go later, just I'm not sure wether or not to start fresh or try and continue from where I was.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just continue where you left off. You'll probably realise you wasn't as stuck as you thought you was. Plenty of help on google too if you get desperate. :)

Clio
Thread revival.
I know I'm 2 years late to the party but its confusing the f**king hell out of me.
No 1 - I think I fucked up because I didn't realise that I didn't need to max out all the top layer of perks to open the second level of perks, so got loads of the top level maxed out but no actual perks.

No 2 - I got my original power armor and then it ran out of power and since then I haven't had a power armour and don't know where to get power or s**t.

No 3 - Don't get the modifying or building stuff. Do I have to have the parts in my inventory to build mods for guns and things or can the junk just be stored in your base?

N0 4 - Will settlers just tend to crops and things on there own?

No 5 - Whats the point of the bases?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Thread revival.
I know I'm 2 years late to the party but its confusing the f**king hell out of me.
No 1 - I think I fucked up because I didn't realise that I didn't need to max out all the top layer of perks to open the second level of perks, so got loads of the top level maxed out but no actual perks.

That's not a massive issue. Just hammer killing things, walking about and discovering stuff which will help with xp

No 2 - I got my original power armor and then it ran out of power and since then I haven't had a power armour and don't know where to get power or s**t.

Google mate. There's guides where to find armour and cores. There's so much you've yet to find by the sounds of it

No 3 - Don't get the modifying or building stuff. Do I have to have the parts in my inventory to build mods for guns and things or can the junk just be stored in your base?

Yea, you have an amount you can carry before you can't sprint etc so dump stuff you don't need at your bases. It can be accessed at any of your bases. Sell stuff aswell and buy from traders

N0 4 - Will settlers just tend to crops and things on there own?

You have to allocate them kind of. I've not been on in a while but aye

No 5 - Whats the point of the bases?

There isn't really although some folk love it. I was obsessed. Here's a YouTube of my main settlement

Clio
Thats impressive. Does it actually do anything useful or just look pretty?

I think I'm pretty much just goign to carry on and do as I do then, dying a little bit and carrying on running about doing the odd mission.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Thats impressive. Does it actually do anything useful or just look pretty?

I think I'm pretty much just goign to carry on and do as I do then, dying a little bit and carrying on running about doing the odd mission.
It just looks pretty lol.

I got some satisfaction building it, I don't know why just did. The best way to get into this game is just give it time. It's immersive so you need to sit and play it for 2 hours plus then you'll see what it's about

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
It's a great game
I built a McDonald's which was popular serving super mutant burgers and raider fries

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's a great game
I built a McDonald's which was popular serving super mutant burgers and raider fries
Awesome. I think one thing that lets it down is the lack of any other player interaction. I'd love it if there was a multiplayer option

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Awesome. I think one thing that lets it down is the lack of any other player interaction. I'd love it if there was a multiplayer option
Yep agree.Multi and better interaction with more in depth missions.For some reason fallout 3 seemed too have better missions imho.I hope they do a new Vegas type spin off or something similar

Clio
I think I'm about 20 hours game time now and not really done much. Spent about an hour trying to kill a scorpion thing and just getting killed to mega death

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It just looks pretty lol.

I got some satisfaction building it, I don't know why just did. The best way to get into this game is just give it time. It's immersive so you need to sit and play it for 2 hours plus then you'll see what it's about

How long have you played on the game? Must have taken forever to build that

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I think I'm about 20 hours game time now and not really done much. Spent about an hour trying to kill a scorpion thing and just getting killed to mega death
What's level are you?.As you level up with better weapons strength etc,some enemies will be easier too take out.Wait til you find a super mutant behemoth on your path

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
What's are your perk stats egg strength charisma,etc

Clio
What's level are you?.As you level up with better weapons strength etc,some enemies will be easier too take out.Wait til you find a super mutant behemoth on your path
Level 14 I think, but I just upped my charisma, strength etc without actually selecting any perks because I didn't know I could

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
How long have you played on the game? Must have taken forever to build that
I think I'm about 300 hours in although I patched it after the dlc came out. I'll probably pick it up again after the witcher which is another 200 hour plus game lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Level 14 I think, but I just upped my charisma, strength etc without actually selecting any perks because I didn't know I could
Strength is vital as you carry more and do increased melee damage.Forgotten the other perks,but the one that increases your health recovery I would recommend.Endurance get that up too

Clio
Strength is vital as you carry more and do increased melee damage.Forgotten the other perks,but the one that increases your health recovery I would recommend.Endurance get that up too
Nice one, also don't understand vats either. Is it even useful?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I liked it as once you increase the accuracy etc.It's good for kills and killing things from a distance.Wait til you find the missile launcher and gun thato fires nukes

Listerine & Poledo
if you're no good at aiming, yes. You'll need to get a high PERCEPTION to get a reasonable chance to hit though,and oter perks will also help.

I'm on a second playthough at the moment, after comprehensively rinsing the game, inside-out when it came out. PM any problems you have chap, no worries

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My brother built some pretty impressive settlements, but i could never be bothered, mine were functional rather than pretty, i bought the Far Harbour addon, which was ok for £7.50, couple of different creatures, after completing both a while ago, i now think they need to change it, new creatures, terrain etc, still a fantastic game, our kid has just bought the VR setup, i would imagine that would add alot to this game.......

Clio
if you're no good at aiming, yes. You'll need to get a high PERCEPTION to get a reasonable chance to hit though,and oter perks will also help.

I'm on a second playthough at the moment, after comprehensively rinsing the game, inside-out when it came out. PM any problems you have chap, no worries
Got a rinsing last night around by some army place where the submarine is. Managed to find some fusion cores and got the power suit at the National Guard Training Yard then the missions just went mental and everything kept killing me. They kept having those get the f**k away skulls next to their names.

Also couldn't figure out how to use the power armour stand thing.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Got a rinsing last night around by some army place where the submarine is. Managed to find some fusion cores and got the power suit at the National Guard Training Yard then the missions just went mental and everything kept killing me. They kept having those get the f**k away skulls next to their names.

Also couldn't figure out how to use the power armour stand thing.
Next to your power armour stand is a bench were you can repair and modify your armour..... If you are a low level try to look at the level of the people or thing you are taking on in Vats, if its a way higher level than you, swerve it and move on, something people and things just can't be killed early on unless you are really lucky.....

Clio
Next to your power armour stand is a bench were you can repair and modify your armour..... If you are a low level try to look at the level of the people or thing you are taking on in Vats, if its a way higher level than you, swerve it and move on, something people and things just can't be killed early on unless you are really lucky.....
How do you hang your armour up?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
How do you hang your armour up?
You don't actually hang it up, walk towards the craddle, turn around and sort of back up into it, then climb out.... well i never actually hung mine up, being honest i never used it much anyway....

Clio
You don't actually hang it up, walk towards the craddle, turn around and sort of back up into it, then climb out.... well i never actually hung mine up, being honest i never used it much anyway....
Ahh cool, I thought you could store them, just a thing that was annoying me.
I'm actually enjoying it, still don't get it. I always seem to be a one or two bits short of one thing when trying to modify weapons

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was and am the same. Never bother with armour, get distracted too easily going to missions, realise I've been playing the game solid for 5 hours and don't think I've actually done much.

Great game though

Listerine & Poledo
The skulls by names mean that enemy is way above your level, and you're likely to get squashed.
The further south-east you travel, the more the game ramps up the enemy-count.
For the 1st 20 levels or so on my 1st play though I didn't leave Cambridge /Lexington.

Power armour is........well, OK, you can take on the world in it, but I never bother. A decetn set of "normal" armour and a Hazmat suit (Hugos Hole for a quick place to find one) covers all my needs....oh, and a dress, hat and glasses for all those charisma checks