ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Mito Sportiva 135
What it takes maybe 30-45 minutes to get into but it's fun from the outset.

Yes many people's game of the year in 2008/2009 is bad because you have the attention of a small child...:lolup:

172beast

I bought this game the other day for 9 quid, played it for 20 minutes and thought it was naff! Then read this thread and decided to give it another try and was on it for 2 hours lol does take a bit of getting into but it is very good once your into it. I started off just wandering about, then figured out what I was meant to be doing lol I'm currently in the Galaxy News Station looking for the old man.

While I was in the Megatron city I pinched a few bits and bobs, health, food, caps etc and it kept saying Karma summit, presumably this is bad?

Mito Sportiva 135
I think the game only really comes into it's own is after about 10-15 hours in when you aren't complete cannon fodder, just walking off into the yonder and seeing what's out there. Only then do you start to appreciate the size and scope of the game. As I said, I clocked up a whopping 140 hours game time and only did 3 of the expansions - had explored almost every inch of the game though by the end and just one day you think "I've done it!".

Stands out in my mind along with Mass Effect as a TRULY next (or current now) generation title and showed what is possible as an interative gaming adventure, really bluring the lines between game and cinematic experience.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think the game only really comes into it's own is after about 10-15 hours in when you aren't complete cannon fodder, just walking off into the yonder and seeing what's out there. Only then do you start to appreciate the size and scope of the game. As I said, I clocked up a whopping 140 hours game time and only did 3 of the expansions - had explored almost every inch of the game though by the end and just one day you think "I've done it!".

Stands out in my mind along with Mass Effect as a TRULY next (or current now) generation title and showed what is possible as an interative gaming adventure, really bluring the lines between game and cinematic experience.

Well said. It's not a game that you can have a quick 20mins on - stick with MW2 for that. The best goes of Fallout 3 for me were stints of 3-4 hours. We're you get 'into' it, do a few quests and follow a path based on your own decisions.

That said, the DLCs have been a weak point for me - in some ways diluting the superb experience that the vanilla FO3 actually was. And that's not from a cynical developer/publisher cash-cow and easy money viewpoint either. I just think they didn't fit comfortably into the core game - more like after thoughts that were forceably bolted on.

Few games in recent years have had a 'wow' effect on me than when I first stepped out of the Vault and panned around the view in front. The sense that you really were on your own and had nothing but a BB gun and some crappy melee weapon to see you through was quite awe-inspiring.

Brilliant game, imo.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Absolutely LOVED Fallout 3. I've never put so much time into a console game like I have with this.

Octy VRS
Few games in recent years have had a 'wow' effect on me than when I first stepped out of the Vault and panned around the view in front. The sense that you really were on your own and had nothing but a BB gun and some crappy melee weapon to see you through was quite awe-inspiring.

D.
My thoughts exactly I shat it in that first encounter with the Raiders in the old school, felt so overwhelmed without any decent weapons. But when I'd levelled up to max I purposefully went back to that school and blew all their heads of with the Blackhawk. Like when Superman went back to the diner after regaining his powers in Superman 2.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My thoughts exactly I shat it in that first encounter with the Raiders in the old school, felt so overwhelmed without any decent weapons. But when I'd levelled up to max I purposefully went back to that school and blew all their heads of with the Blackhawk. Like when Superman went back to the diner after regaining his powers in Superman 2.

LOL. Good comparison. It's exactly like that.

I kept getting confused why it was saying I was overcumbered, and I was walking so f*cking slow. Took me ages to work out I had to lose some of the sh*t I was intent on collecting! :clown:

Golf R32
I loved Fallout too, and can't wait for the new one. I've put in a scary number of hours, though not anymore since having done all expansions, levelled up as much as is psychically possible (ie 100 for all stats), got all the bobbleheads & books, and a have a massive collection of 100% weapons and armour.

Only games I have ever spent more time playing where the Final Fantasy series, where the counter stopped working lol

Im currently playing it again on Xbox this time, probs my fave game of all time.

Im on 120+ hours so far and probably only done half the quests... Never been so lost in a game since FF7.

Roll on New Vegas!

MKIII 138
Absolutely LOVED Fallout 3. I've never put so much time into a console game like I have with this.

agree, even though ive played and purchased other 360 games this will be the defining game for the console and justification for purchasing it. I will use it as a benchmark for future consoles..

epic.

(btw only other game that is as good is PGR4 :) )

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
agree, even though ive played and purchased other 360 games this will be the defining game for the console and justification for purchasing it. I will use it as a benchmark for future consoles..

epic.

(btw only other game that is as good is PGR4 :) )

PGR4, ROFL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Scutch, Cookie, Darren and myself pwned this f*cker for a good six months.

Cookie played it slightly differently though. lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im suprised you did any quests at all cookie lol, im currently halfway threw PLO but the lags unreal so i stopped playing i love the radio on it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Fallout: New Vegas

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-new-vegas-may-2010-preview

Oh my :D

My favourite part of the preview..

Our final excursion is to Helios 1, a Poseidon Energy power station occupied by the NCR. Reputation with that bloated, bureaucratic faction grants you access to the station's inner sanctum, where a surfer dude posing as a scientist, calling himself Fantastic, runs the plant at 1 per cent efficiency. Get past the pre-war security system and you could re-route the power anywhere you like: to McCarran to benefit the NCR, to Fremont to help out the local poor, evenly across the whole region... or to the plant's dormant defence system, an insanely powerful orbital laser. You can then command it at will anywhere in the environment: your own, private apocalypse.

*twitch*

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Saw the trailer on PSN a bit ago now. Looks epic, I just can't seem to pick the game back up again. Stuck on Point Lookout ATM, on about a level 7. Them evil b******s!!

SLK 350
Just started playing this again, lvl4 right now. Gotta find Galaxy Radio and do some side quests for Craterside. Doing a lot lot better than I did first time around... armed to the teeth already comparatively speaking.

Great game.

Listerine & Poledo
I restarted from scratch when the New Vegas trailer went up, leaving my level-30 saint on the sidelines.

I'd say that Falout 3 gets too easy once you go past level 20, but I still love every bit of it

Octy VRS
I picked this up again yesterday to complete the main quest and do Broken Steel I bought ages ago. Was thinbking I may buy one more of the DLC. Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage are out as they seem a bit far removed from the rest of the game.

So it's between Point Lookout and The Pitt. Which one? I'm moving towards Point Lookout but not sure.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I picked this up again yesterday to complete the main quest and do Broken Steel I bought ages ago. Was thinbking I may buy one more of the DLC. Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage are out as they seem a bit far removed from the rest of the game.

So it's between Point Lookout and The Pitt. Which one? I'm moving towards Point Lookout but not sure.
Out of those two it would be the pitt IMO. The Pitt has a better story. Didn't really think point lookout was that good. I've got the Game of the year edition though so I played it anyway!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Out of those two it would be the pitt IMO. The Pitt has a better story. Didn't really think point lookout was that good. I've got the Game of the year edition though so I played it anyway!

Still got Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta to do. I need to rinse those before even thinking about New Vegas. I just need to give up my BC2 & Civ5 habits first! :)

D.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I started again when the goty addition came out, barely touched it since. Quite low down in the scoring, and trapped on Point Lookout with them horrible hunchback hillbilly mongheads, and mirlock things. Proper hard work to get back into these days. Is vegas officially out now then?

Listerine & Poledo

Point Lookout is a better pack IMO, in The Pitt, the story is very one-directional, not much in the way of sub-quests or easter eggs. At least with PL, you have a map to free-roam. Only downside is that you dont get much in the way of decent new weapons, skills or kits. Pitt and Zeta give che chance to get hold of some doody weapons. Anchorage is just too short to be worth ther money (although for restarted characters it's an easy way to get your hands on power-armour early, and one of the best sets out there at that!)

Listerine & Poledo
I started again when the goty addition came out, barely touched it since. Quite low down in the scoring, and trapped on Point Lookout with them horrible hunchback hillbilly mongheads, and mirlock things. Proper hard work to get back into these days. Is vegas officially out now then?

Not yet, Oct. 22nd.

If you're going to do a fresh character with the GOTY edition, the first port of call should be the anchorage simulation, get hold of some power armour withoit waiting until 3/4 of the way through the main FO3 questline!

MKIII 138
can i say. im very excited about FO4 :)

got fo3 on pc aswell as xbox360, only difference is im playing it with 3 monitors with eyefinity @ huge res tis great :D