ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

RS Clio 182
Just got another top 5 finish in the Caterham in Germany,qualifed 17th but again outbraked them all on the first lap and managed to keep the gap to 6th around 4 seconds all race. Button in 4th went away though - still way too easy on Pro AI.

Just been offered an immediate move to Torro Rosso - may accept and stick it on Legend.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just got another top 5 finish in the Caterham in Germany,qualifed 17th but again outbraked them all on the first lap and managed to keep the gap to 6th around 4 seconds all race. Button in 4th went away though - still way too easy on Pro AI.

Just been offered an immediate move to Torro Rosso - may accept and stick it on Legend.

I accepted the immediate offer off TR, had one race on professional and changed to legend. Much more realistic. Getting a bit sick of rain at nearly every race though.

RS Clio 182
Well just done a race at Budapest in the Torro Rosso....Pro AI is definatly a lot harder - qualified in 16th a full 3 seconds off the pace. Started the race,still managed to outbreak some to get into 8th,but then it became apparent that the cars behind me were a lot faster and i had to defend for my life. Lost a couple of places after pits cos of my slower pace - and it was an epic defending job for the last 8 laps!! Managed to get a solitary point though. Ive got to say the AI was really agressive trying to overtake me - Maldonado lost his front wing bumping into me,and Senna spun trying to get past me!

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah they've increased the AI by 2.5 seconds on professional. Will download it and see how it goes. Have you noticed any other improvements?

RS Clio 182
Had a really good midfield battle at Spa - Qualified 17th,managed to get up to 12 after a few laps but lost out at the pits,then the rest of the race i was battling with Senna & my teammate Riccardo - who i just beat to the line in 14th. This is much more realistic than coming 5th in a Caterham. I actually went to Spa this year to watch the race and i think they have the track in the game pretty much spot on. I picked Kobayashi as my rival for the rest of the season - cant see me getting more points than him from now on though.

Golf R/Leon FR
I picked Maldonado as my rival, into my second season now with Williams. I like the professional setting much better now. Just done qualifying at Melbourne and will be starting 12th.

RS Clio 182
Just did Monza - qualifed 18th,just didnt have the pace..was a full 2 seconds off 17th! The race had plenty of inicident,Perez who qualified in 3rd(!) crashed out - Vettell lost his front wing,Button & Rosberg both spun out - this meant i battled all the way up for a great 9th and 2 points. My rival Kobayashi finished just behind me and my Teammate Riccardo ended up in the dizzy heights of 6th!!

The weather change impressed me aswell - it was a fully dry race - but it started really clear then it went hazy and a bit misty near the end....my engineer mentioned something about track temprature decreasing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Annoyingly at the real GP this weekend Lewis went marginally off track, to gain better speed on exit, before sweeping into the last corner to begin his pole lap. If I was to try that in the game it'd tell me my lap and next lap are invalid.

Goliath I
Right, so the computer tyre degradation seems a bit questionable.
Playing Montreal on 25% in the rain everyone starting on slicks, the majority of the grid pit on lap 5 but I stay out another 2 (due to penalty and waiting to push)
Everyone has Options on except me as I opted for primes. Now come the last two laps I'm seriously struggling for grip and my tyres are almost depleted! Yet the rest of the field who are on options haven't pitted nor seem to find come into any difficulty!?

172cup
anyone playing with the old 360 wireless racing wheel?
I have an issue, it doesnt self center from a turn, working fine with forza 4 though, any idea?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Update on Xbox has made a big improvement on AI difficulty for me. I was torn between being far too quick for Pro but far too slow for Legend. But now on Pro with Force India on my 2nd season, I'm qualifying mid table, 8th at best and finishing in the top 10, 7th at best, much more realistic.

Nothing at the mo :(
Update seems to of made the game awesome imo

Just re-started career on professional mode with torro rosso with 25% race distance. Just had a awesome race at melbourne!!! I recorded it to and im just editing out the best bits and il upload to youtube :D they actualyl seem to really fight now :p

RS Clio 182
Really struggling in the improved Pro difficulty now in my torro rosso hehe - managed to pick up a few points since Monza,but its hard to get into the top 10 in a race and thats how it should be! Ive got USA GP next which is going to take some serious practice as ive never been on it before...i failed to beat my rival Kobayashi so not sure what offers i'll get at the end of the season - may have to stay with TR. Apparently theres an updated PS3 patch out now so going to fire it up now. :)

Goliath I
You know your playing this game too much when your driving home, it starts to pour down and you think about stopping for full wets!

Golf R/Leon FR
A new update was out yesterday, not sure whats changed but as said the first major patch has made a world of difference. Austin is an awesome track to drive on the game, one of my favourites.

RS Clio 182
A new update was out yesterday, not sure whats changed but as said the first major patch has made a world of difference. Austin is an awesome track to drive on the game, one of my favourites.

I liked Austin,espeically the twisty corners in the first section - also a lot of hard braking corner for overtake opportunities. But i knackered it up on the last couple of laps as it started to rain,i ran into Perez at a corner while i was in 11th,got a 20 sec penalty and finished 23rd!

Just had one of my most enjoyable races ever at Brazil though,my pace is really good round there - managed to keep shaving tenths off my Q time to start in 15th. Then had a great start,battled into the top 10 and finished in 6th! The graphics are much improved around Brazil,best ive ever seen it in a game. Im sticking with Torro Rosso for the 2nd season,as i only got offers from the bottom 3 teams!

Nothing at the mo :(
Update seems to of made the game awesome imo

Just re-started career on professional mode with torro rosso with 25% race distance. Just had a awesome race at melbourne!!! I recorded it to and im just editing out the best bits and il upload to youtube :D they actualyl seem to really fight now :p

Heres the vid, Only 5 mins long so watch it please :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QYvHjoq-I8

*wont let me link it for some reason*

Goliath I
Just said my goodbyes to Caterham, it was a tough year but I was thankful for the opportunity they gave me.

Now I move onto Lotus, taking Kimis seat they've set me a season objective of 3rd. Brutal.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ok bit late to the party.. cheapest place to buy it? or just be cheapskate and get a 2nd hand one?

Golf R/Leon FR
It just gives you online access to multiplayer, and once signed up to Racenet, to do those races/challenges too. You may be able to request a new one if your game is 2nd hand but I'm not 100% on that.