ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

Nothing at the mo :(
:| Engine failures in this year?

Yep it seems, In F1 2011 u could use manual gears and power down from like 7 to 2 and use engine breakign to help.. this year if you do that it goes Boom Lol

Also difficulty is higher then F1 2011, Just started a career on 50% and in force india.. recko i should of gotten 13th in Qualify and i got 17th!! got 12 in the race and that was extremely hard!!! and this was on Legend Difficulty!!! *Im not exactly crap either :p*

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yep it seems, In F1 2011 u could use manual gears and power down from like 7 to 2 and use engine breakign to help.. this year if you do that it goes Boom Lol

Also difficulty is higher then F1 2011, Just started a career on 50% and in force india.. recko i should of gotten 13th in Qualify and i got 17th!! got 12 in the race and that was extremely hard!!! and this was on Legend Difficulty!!! *Im not exactly crap either :p*

I had loads of engines go bang in 2011 from down shifting to quickly.

I am waiting for this game to download, bloody computer went to sleep half way through so I wasted loads of time not downloading :/

I found Legend really hard, I qualified 17th i belive in my Force India.. They said i should of done it in 12th...

Finished the race in 11th,, only cause i got ahead in the first lap and basicly just made a train behind me.. lost a few places when i had to pit.. maybe i just needed to tweek my setup more in practise.

Golf R/Leon FR
Finished Australia in 15th got overtaken on the pit straight of the last lap by Di Resta. I have to say tyre wear seems ok. Although you can push hard all the time and they degrade at the same rate. We had 3 DNF's in my race so I'd have finished lower down if not.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am really struggling with the fast chicanes on this game. the ones at Melbourne and Montreal are just impossible. The steering "Assist" is doing my head in, I am using a wheel and expect the inputs to be identical, they are not. It is making the game completely unplayable for me, why would any game developer do this, its s**t and has ruined every sense of enjoyment I could get from the game. There is a reason no other sim racing developer has this feature, because its s**t.

SQ5
My car seems to always be smoking?! Engine isn't showing any damage and its at optimal temperature?

Any ideas?

Golf R/Leon FR
Not sure on the smoking?

Yeah the steering is very frustrating this year, I'm using the PS3 pad and the inputs in steering no matter what you do with the setup is very limited and makes you slow when the AI seems to cope perfectly.

Goliath I
Just had a very eventful race at Canada...

Doing a 25% race distance I was back at 9th as Force India with 4 laps to go and then the rain hit. I pitted which dropped me to 14th, barely coping as it had just started it wasn't until the last 2 laps I got good grip. The whole back field pitted but the front 10 hadn't... The last lap was f**king carnage! Lol

The rain was now full on and as I came around the third corner there was bits of car everywhere, then the next was the same, then I passed a car in the gravel and then one in the wall. Next a bunch of about 4 cars were weaving in a group struggling. By the time I finished I was 5th!

RS Clio 182
Not sure on the smoking?

Yeah the steering is very frustrating this year, I'm using the PS3 pad and the inputs in steering no matter what you do with the setup is very limited and makes you slow when the AI seems to cope perfectly.

This is the main issue i have before i buy the game - to me 2011's handling was pretty much spot on - is the steering issue on the pad really bad,or can you get used to it? The improvement in graphics and the AI incidents are the major drawing points for me so far,but doesnt really mean anything if theyve kn*ckered up the handling....

Golf R/Leon FR
This is the main issue i have before i buy the game - to me 2011's handling was pretty much spot on - is the steering issue on the pad really bad,or can you get used to it? The improvement in graphics and the AI incidents are the major drawing points for me so far,but doesnt really mean anything if theyve kn*ckered up the handling....

It's not that bad to stop you buying it. You do get used to it and the setup changes to increase turn in help but it's not as good 2011. Overall the game is better than 11 imo. Hopefully Codemasters will make some changes in a patch.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
could never use a pad again after getting a wheel. so much better

For me this game is still impossible with a wheel, the steering inputs don't match up rendering it impossible to drive the car quickly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Loving this so far, it's a very hard game but so rewarding even when you finish mid-pack in the early races.

My only gripe is the transition from wet to dry physics seems too slow... you can lap on slicks for another two laps or so in the soaking wet. :eek:

I love the sense of speed and downforce though. Much improved.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Only had a small chance to play it at the weekend, finished young driver mode or whatever it was called, seems good so far.

Golf R/Leon FR
I was on the codies forum last night and they are going to be updating the steering issue. I'm guessing in the first patch. I had a blast at champions mode last night which is good but even on hard it wasnt much of a challenge.

Peugeot 308
Bought this on lunch.

Hopefully get a couple hours game time on it later.

Played the Demo and enjoyed it, hopefully it doesnt irritate me as quickly, like last years version did!

Golf R/Leon FR
Finished my 2nd race in career with Marussia, qualified 17th and finished in the same place. Did manage to get up to 5th on the first lap though and held off the others for nearly 10 laps but fell well down after my tyres went away. I am finding the professional difficulty a bit too easy and will go on to legend, but I've heard it's a big step up.

AG 200 cup
Got my copy on friday but only just manged to get on it and have to say it feels like a big step up from 2011 even if using the steering wheel feels a bit dodge. But getting it on a review copy makes it feel abit better because I've not needed to buy it. :)

Finished my 2nd race in career with Marussia, qualified 17th and finished in the same place. Did manage to get up to 5th on the first lap though and held off the others for nearly 10 laps but fell well down after my tyres went away. I am finding the professional difficulty a bit too easy and will go on to legend, but I've heard it's a big step up.

Im currently driving Caterham on Legendary difficult.. It is extrmely hard, I only came 17th and thats only cause i got a puncture.. Shame too because i was catching Rosberg up near the end by a second a lap

Its only hard because you can't really make mistakes, and the AI really push push push.

Goliath I
Really struggling with the vehicle in the wet, even with assists on.

Racing in Malaysia on Career, it was raining and everyone started on inters, okay for half lap then got very difficult to control. The whole field pitted for wets and so did I, again okay for half a lap. Whole field then pitted again at the end if the 2nd lap for inters!

Golf R/Leon FR
I find driving in the wet very good. It is much easier this year to regulate the throttle on the PS3 pad. I have TC off and can manage fine. It's trying to drive a Marussia with bad handling thats the problem lol

lee you need to sort this game out!!! f**king thing

Doing my 100% career, second race in

Im in my caterham, currently at 11th and holdiing every so hard to fight!!!!!

Last lap im thinking "awesome 11th caterham"

But nope... 2nd to last corner.. Hulkenburg outbreaks himself.. nudges me!!! AND I GET A f**king 20 SECOND PENATLY!!

GOODBYE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE TO A WASTE OF A PIECE OF s**t GAME.. HELLO 17TH PLACE!!!!

Lol epic game rage ^

I feel for you buddy, I feel for you.

I launched tissue at the tele when i finished,, thats how raged i was

Plus its f**king annoying though, 56 laps for nothing.. Worse thing worse my objective was 16th. so cause i came 17th and i didnt even get any exp the peice of s**t... Caterham + Legendary + s**t game = Rage

I really can't belive how magazines are giving this game 9/10.. Im guessing codies paid them for them reviews.. Mine would just say

"Don't get hit, Dont do less then 100% cause tyres dont scale, Some Corners AI are impossibly first.. Bring back 2011*

Golf R/Leon FR
Have to agree with the penalties, I was up to 10th in my Marussia in Bahrain, Vettel tries to squeeze himself through a gap on my inside going through a right hander (I'm on the racing line), he hits me and spins. I get a drive through!!! Ended up 18th!

Fiesta ST
Should make it so the "Stewards look at the incidents at the end of the race" ;) drop grid placement on next race. It doesn't spoil the race then.

MY10 R35 GTR
well after playing it for a day or so, I have to say the games ok. It passes the time.

If I want a real sim racing game i'll stick with iracing. But for passing the time offshore etc this will do

RS Clio 182
i'll be getting this at the weekend i think,looking forward to seeing what the patch fixes.

Just on a note from F12011 - ive just won the championship in the Sauber,winning my rival Massa....i was fully expecting a contract offer from Ferrari after Brazil,as in the interview bit they asked me about the 'ferrari rumours'.

But when i got to the email,theres no offer and i had to renew with Sauber for the final season!

Why didnt i get an offer from Ferrari?! I was looking forward to doing the final season on Legend in a Ferrrari. :dapprove:

Whats the point of career mode if you dont get an offer from a top team at the end??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sticking with 2011 I think. My money will be going on FIFA13.

Until F1 2012 is "fixed".

Is 2011 a good game then?

I remember 2010 was riddled with issues, and 2012 seems to have some. Might pick up 2011 tomorrow if it's decent.

Golf R/Leon FR
Is 2011 a good game then?

I remember 2010 was riddled with issues, and 2012 seems to have some. Might pick up 2011 tomorrow if it's decent.

2012 is better than 2011 so personally I wouldn't bother.

i'll be getting this at the weekend i think,looking forward to seeing what the patch fixes.

Just on a note from F12011 - ive just won the championship in the Sauber,winning my rival Massa....i was fully expecting a contract offer from Ferrari after Brazil,as in the interview bit they asked me about the 'ferrari rumours'.

But when i got to the email,theres no offer and i had to renew with Sauber for the final season!

Why didnt i get an offer from Ferrari?! I was looking forward to doing the final season on Legend in a Ferrrari. :dapprove:

Whats the point of career mode if you dont get an offer from a top team at the end??

I think you have to have beaten your rival before Brazil as thats the deadline for accepting any offers. In my 5 year season I went from Lotus(Caterham), Force India, Ferrari, then to McLaren for the last two. I won every race in the McLaren in my 4th season on Legend. Thank god Legend is hard this year.

RS Clio 182
2012 is better than 2011 so personally I wouldn't bother.

I think you have to have beaten your rival before Brazil as thats the deadline for accepting any offers. In my 5 year season I went from Lotus(Caterham), Force India, Ferrari, then to McLaren for the last two. I won every race in the McLaren in my 4th season on Legend. Thank god Legend is hard this year.

Id beaten Massa well before Brazil - i finished something like 150 points in front of him.

I just read somewhere that the interview stage is crucial as to you getting a contract offer from a big team,surely it cant depend on that - when they asked me about the Ferrari rumours i replied 'im open to offers' which i thought would be the best reply and leave the door open.

Its just really frustrating that ive spent a year doing career mode,gradually working my way through the teams,finally winning on season 4,then no offer from any of the big 3 teams for the final season. :mad: