ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm going to be really sad and start the thread!

We officially announced it today, and released this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

BMW M2C
It's too early for me to start revealing things. I'd get shot. :eek: The only reason we haven't had it previously has been that it's far harder to change the flow to get it in and meet all the Sony/MS rules and regs than people think.

Octavia VRS LE
Loved the last game, but why are they released so late in the calendar, maybe a noob question.....

Lee

BMW M2C
Loved the last game, but why are they released so late in the calendar, maybe a noob question.....

We use the cars in Melbourne spec. The car team get some data early, but we dont have all the data until this weekend. I can't really start balancing or setting up the cars until we get some idea of the performance difference throughout the field. Plus the teams and FOM have to sign everything off, and that can take a long time.

The only way we could release earlier would be to work 24 hour shifts, and some of us do 12-14 hour days already.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Perfectly understandable, I rather have a more realistic game based on real data rather than guess work/last years data

SQ5
Especially going by today's qualifying!

I've not bought any of the F1 games due to old ones being a bit crap. What are they like I'm terms of say driving an R1 car in Forza 4?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The new F1 games are brilliant. IMO the style of driving required is on par with forza. GFX are amazing; the replay stuff looks like real races. Also the whole in game experience is really good, you get a full race weekend simulation (including practice sessions) that can be played in real time (you can fast forward time if you wish). Its just like being an F1 driver without the G's :) I will be breaking mine out later on today to have a go a around Australia - helps give a real understanding of the track imo.

Octavia VRS LE
Fair enough, that is understandable and as already said would prefer a realistic game and can't wait for it to be released!!!

SQ5
£25 online, I'll try Tesco too and actual shops.

Do you work for Codies then Lee?

The F1 career looks good on 2011 and I love a good game with a career mode. Would love to see a game that lets you go up the ranks like ToCA used too. One of them went from Karting to Clio Cup, to Formula Renault to GP3 and then 2 don't think any F1 cars but a game like that would be brilliant now games have come such a long way, the story and base of the game was there just poor graphics in terms of now, were cracking at the time!

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, I work for Codies.

Project CARS is going to let you go through the ranks. It's ambitious, but I hope they pull it off.

Fiesta ST
£25 online, I'll try Tesco too and actual shops.

Do you work for Codies then Lee?

The F1 career looks good on 2011 and I love a good game with a career mode. Would love to see a game that lets you go up the ranks like ToCA used too. One of them went from Karting to Clio Cup, to Formula Renault to GP3 and then 2 don't think any F1 cars but a game like that would be brilliant now games have come such a long way, the story and base of the game was there just poor graphics in terms of now, were cracking at the time!

Just to let you know, 2011 is currently £24 in Tesco stores and yes it is worth buying, online quick races are great fun

Golf R/Leon FR
Looking forward it to Lee. Still love and play 2011 a lot. Would like to see more challenges and classic race scenarios as well if possible.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Looking forward to this hope it is a improvement over the last one which had a few too many bugs for my liking, so i really hope you are able to iron them all out with this one! Good luck making the game and i really hope its a good one.

Goliath I
Lee:

Gamesmaster used to (they may still do) show a photo of a game desinger/editer/graphic designers etc... deskt/workspace with a list of what each item on there desk was for/represented

Can we have a shot of yours...

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee:

Gamesmaster used to (they may still do) show a photo of a game desinger/editer/graphic designers etc... deskt/workspace with a list of what each item on there desk was for/represented

Can we have a shot of yours...

I've not got a recent one. I'll snap one tomorrow. It's not very exciting.

RS Clio 182
One thing id like to see more of is incidents in races - occasionally some cars spinning off on the first corner,and some visible retirements at the side of the track in-race etc.

Im on season 3 in 2011 in the Force India,and theres literally no DNF's in the races and no incidents at all..

Is there any focus on this aspect of the game Lee?

Apart from that,i still think F1 2011 is the most enjoyable racing game out there and cant wait for 2012...

Lee

BMW M2C
We'll be looking in to that again. Last year we had trouble getting the balance right, we even made some changes in the patches. Everything will be getting tweaked and adjusted plus any new stuff we're doing, like the Young Driver Test.

Hopefully there won't be an annoying virtual woman showing me everything for f**king ages in an unskippable scene this time. Plus all the other unecessary stuff. We know how to select options in a menu, at least make the instructions skippable if you are going to have them in the game. Seems to be a new trend among game developers to make decisions that everyone playing a game is stupid and can't figure anything out for themselves.

Aside from that though I have really enjoyed F1 2010 & 2011 thus far.

Oh and Lee can you put a suggestion in that we get the same speedo and timing graphics that they use on TV, instead of the one that was in F1 2011. I haven't played for ages but I do remember downloading a mod to change it.

MY10 R35 GTR
loved F1 2011, then started playing iracing. F1 2011 hasnt had a look in since, may buy it for the vita. Pass some time offshore

Lee

BMW M2C
I can't really say much more about the game and what we're doing at this early stage, but here's the picture of my desk Andy wanted.

Not much to see really. There's a 2011 Renault F1 car, a Porsche Carrera GT, Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime and the usual work stuff.

attachment.php