ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

AK

M240i
How hard is it to get the safety car out?!

Had a massive pile up in Canada and no safety car!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
On the pc you can modify it so it comes out more often, can change the trigger setting etc.

Goliath I
Had the SC out a few times through my career, though not as often as it should be. Its and absolute arse though when it comes out on Monaco.

Also try this... When you have a few cars just in front of you and your all going round a big/sharp bend, hit the rewind to attempt the bend again and watch how many cars end up in the gravel! lol

AK

M240i
How do you change the development path in the Co Op Championship? Fed up of the McLaren being middle ground lol.

Goliath I
Last 5 races have gone as follows...

Practice. Rain: 0%
Qualifying. Rain: 100%
Race. Rain: 0%

Needless to say its been a bit of a f**k off

Golf R/Leon FR
I've nearly given up playing this altogether, weather dynamics are awful, always raining on race day. Penalties are laughable and the frame rate issues are a joke. I will not be buying the next one until proper peoples reviews come out.

Goliath I
I think it's a great game marred by certain issues.

I played a 25% race at Marina Bay earlier and the tyre wear for that track is crazy. But there was a small pile up on the first bend and for some reason EVERYONE pitted except me. By lap 6 my tyres were shot and I came in for my change, by the time I got to lap 14 it was like driving on ice, yet nobody else had pitted or seemed to be losing any time?

The whole field done the entire race bar 1 lap on a single set of tyres without any slow down... Nuts.

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah Singapore is awful for tyre wear. I will say its not unplayable but considering Codemasters have had 3 years to get things right they should be doing better than this.

Goliath I
Just finished my second Season with Lotus, finished 2nd (Target was 3rd)

Now starting my third Season (which falls in nicely with this weekend) with Mercedes, was hoping for a drive with Ferrari but it was not to be. I had got offered a drive half-way in but I turned it down, mainly because I think changing team half-way through the season is ridiculous and shouldn't happen.

My target finishing position for Merc is 5th... Have I been relegated? Lol

Golf R/Leon FR
Who did you select as your rival? You usually get offered a contract from your rivals team if you beat them in the season.

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of this. Seems fairly cheap on Amazon (£20).

Would people recommend it? I've had a read through the thread, and it seems there are mixed opinions!

Titanium 182
I'm still playing F1 2010, embarrassingly. Into my third season of full race weekends and have won the first four races in a Renault. :D

Goliath I
I'm thinking of picking up a copy of this. Seems fairly cheap on Amazon (£20).

Would people recommend it? I've had a read through the thread, and it seems there are mixed opinions!

Admittedly the game does have its flaws, some can look past them, others can't. Personally I love it, been playing it since release and sometimes there are annoying issues like tyre wear and inconsistent AI but its minor in the overall game.

DCi
I was on single player racing the AI at Bahrain

I was in the Caterham but well up the pack so a load of faster cars behind me... I was going through that S bend with someone close behind me and as I exited I noticed they flew off the track..

expected a black flag for causing a crash but it never came so I checked instant reply - there was literally no contact at all and the AI car just started doing a wheelie mid bend which caused it to fly wide.

I've no idea why or how it happened but it was quite hilarious :D

SQ5
It's a good game, full race weekend at had laps takes about 1-1.5 hours so usually only do one at a time.

I've just started my 2nd season as this years F1 start got me excited about it again.

As has been said, there are a few flaws. I get drivers turning in on me and me getting drive throughs or grid penalties which is annoying.

RS Clio 182
I got an offer from Mercedes half way through season 3 so i accepted and left Sauber. Was doing really well in 5th place in the championship - but i struggle through the mid part of the season (Britain,Belgium,Italy) Ive selected Vettell as my rival but hes just gone ahead of me into 5th. Think i'l finish 6th for the season,although i tend to have a strong finish with the last few races. Ferrari are well struggling - Alonso won the first 2 seasons,but is currently down in 8th!! Hamilton is running away with the championship. I suppose the only progression i could make now would be Red Bull,McLaren or Ferrari for the last 2 seasons. I cant see me winning the championship as i always struggle on too many tracks. Unless the top 3 cars really are that much better.

Does anyone else struggle with Britain and Belguim sector 2's? I just cant go fast through the high speed technical corners there,and it ruins my chances of a good finish everytime.

Just did Monza,and Senna piled into Perez at the first corner on lap 2 lol...surprisingly there was no major damage for them. Managed to get a solid 8th behind my Teammate Schumacher.

Goliath I
I find there is always at least one corner in every race that I struggle with.

I hate the contract offers halfway through the Season. I don't want to leave the team halfway though season, but sometimes want to join an offering team at the end.

Id rather a team offer you a contract, but say 'You must keep up your current level of racing to join us at the end of season'

Just a quick one on this. I downloaded the demo to see how I would get on with it and really enjoyed it. However, I had one or two questions:

1. I went in to the back of quite a few cars, on straights and in corners, and I didnt seem to get any penalties, despite them going off the track and it being completely my fault? But when I clipped someones rear end going round a corner, hardly causing any trouble to the other driver, I got a penalty? In the full game, does rear ending someone result in a penalty like it would in real life?

2. When defending position down the straights, it seemed I was able to change my line multiple times, weaving side to side, blocking the other drivers, sometimes even hitting them or causing them to swerve into the gravel, but again never seemed to get a penalty. Has this been sorted in the full game?

Just very minor issues that I know would annoy me in the long run!

RS Clio 182
You should get penalties for the first thing definatly....although ive got away with blocking someone on a straight quite a few times,theyve lost behind me and spun and retired. But i think thats fair cos you should be able to block and the AI is too aggressive at times,they try and force there way past when it would be too dangerous in real life - so they pay the price in my eyes!

Snakey : Yeah i dont like the mid season offers,if it was longer season mode i wouldnt do it. But with only 2 seasons after this one left for me,i think it was better to go to Mercedes and them maybe a i get a shot at RB or Mclaren for the last part of the career.

Goliath I
The rules in F1 is your only allowed to make one move to defend your position (so I believe), but this doesn't apply in the game. You can weave S shapes down the straight and will not be given a penalty, I think you only get done for blocking if your travelling too slow or ignoring blue flags.

The penalties is where the main flaws seem to lie and is what will put some people off the game.

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah penalties are awful in the game, you can drive round a corner going about your business and get the AI on your inside and you get a penalty for them hitting you. As said you can do what you like when defending. I always struggle at Silverstone, and the last corners in S2 at spa. But again as said the AI are faster through at least one corner on every track than me. Currently with McLaren in 3rd season and first in the championship after Valencia.

Ended up picking up a copy of F1 2011 - was only £4.50! Thought it would keep me going until F1 2013 comes out (fingers crossed on next gen consoles!).

Only done one race weekend so far - f**k me it's hard!

Golf R/Leon FR
I think pro is too easy on most tracks, only Silverstone I really struggle at. In the McLaren on pro I am winning the championship and had pole at every track except China. They increased the AI difficulty on pro with the patches after people complained it was too easy.

I know I have F1 2011, but I'm sure the same thing applies for 2012.

I am playing on the difficulty just below hardest. Last night, after a blinding opening few bends in Malaysia in my Lotus, I was in 5th(!). I pitted, came out 16th, as others behind me were pitting next lap. I couldn't put in a fast enough out lap to make up the positions again, so ended up 11th after all the other drivers had pitted.

Is this just something that I will improve the more I play it? There always seems to be a procession of cars behind me, and I spend the whole race defending. I can never seem to catch a car if it overtakes me. And as above, my lap times arent fast enough for pitting purposes.

Golf R/Leon FR
Malaysia is another iffy track and the Ai are always quicker. You will always get a better start then the AI as they are too slow in the corners until the end of the first lap. The AI tyres never seem to wear, and ours wear easy. So you tend to get them queuing behind.