ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 335i

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think those wheels would look awesome in power silver.

Lovely car mate. Really nice that.

Begs the question; 335i or 335d? Hmm.

It really is such a good looking car. How much is the warranty if you don't mind?

£56pm, fully comp (so all parts/labour/diagnostics etc).

With the work I've had, it'll pay for itself for a few years.

I think those wheels would look awesome in power silver.

Lovely car mate. Really nice that.

Begs the question; 335i or 335d? Hmm.

The guy who delivered it yesterday said he had a 335d and preferred it over the 335i. He explained that although the i is quicker, the d feels it due to the torque.

If I did a lot of miles (instead of <10k) I'd consider the d. Otherwise the fuel difference isn't worth it, as IMO the i sounds better.

Flamer
Not sure if placebo, or the new turbos have made the car a hell of a lot quicker. I felt a little sick when i put my foot down in 1st, too used to zero power in the 116.

The turbo spooling and 'blowoff' are noticeable louder, sounds beautiful.

Few quick snaps on the way home from work last night.

8951840675_e046c20182_b.jpg
Lovely that an I agree that the turbo on d's can sound stunning not to mention the torque (oh baby), should get a video! Cars lovely! I should really consider a diesel tbh but I like M's an sports an I'm abit of a fool!

Last edited:
Do you know how much the recent work ended up costing?
The receipt didn't give a price, but the breakdown was:

Both turbos
Fuel pump
All spark plugs
All coils
Both seatbelt motors

He told me the job took in excess of 30hrs (at £100 ph).

I'd estimate £4k<

Do you have to buy car from a dealer to get the warranty?

Nope, mine was private.

As long as it has FSH, this doesn't need to be carried out by BMW specifically - mine wasn't.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
I got a quote for my brothers 58 plate e92 330i M Sport he recently purchased. Fully comprehensive with £100 excess and no emergency service came back as £39.28 a month. This warranty defiantly makes the prospect of owning a used BMW much more appealing. I will be recommending it to him. I'd say for piece of mind its worth the money.

Love your car. I once drove my mates 335i into central London. Amazing power and sound. His was an auto with paddles and would pop and bang as you changed down gears.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate, agree on the Silver wheels though, they look much fresher and bigger. Also needing a nice subtle spoiler on the bootlid, colour-coded, just looks a tad flat towards the back.

Just my opinion. Do you have pictures of it just lowered on Silver wheels?

Very nice mate, agree on the Silver wheels though, they look much fresher and bigger. Also needing a nice subtle spoiler on the bootlid, colour-coded, just looks a tad flat towards the back.

Just my opinion. Do you have pictures of it just lowered on Silver wheels?

It's not lowered, if that's what you meant?

There is a m3 style bootlid spoiler on there already ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not MILES off then. B'reet.

135 - January/February. You heard it here first.

I'm still not decided whether yours looks best on black or silver wheels though, know what kev means about silver making them look bigger.

Leon Cupra 300
Warranty is reasonable.

I pay a monthly £41 with a £250 excess for 80k miles - I was keen to keep the monthly payments cheaper (the warranty shoots up when you're over 60k).. That's named component cover not fully comp. It doesn't include everything e.g wheel bearings, or seat belt motors like on Chris'. It does include the main expensive stuff - all drivetrain, all electronic modules, abs pump (£1700!) etc etc

I figured that anything that it ever needed, say a new autobox at £6k or 2x tubbys at £4k I'd be more than happy paying a £250 contribution.

If my headlight washer starts leaking (£50) or needs a wheel bearing (£100) I'll fix myself.

I'd not run one without it tbh, I've never needed any work but reading above makes me glad I've got it.. It just rules out the idea of having 350hp 335d's and 380hp 335i's

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thats very interesting, just a shame you cant mod them. I'd want an exhaust, map and Competition Wheels :( Although they appear to go fine without it ;)

Leon Cupra 300
Probably. You'll be lucky to see above 30 on a good run.

22-25 average I'd say.

300ish to a tank.

In comparison..

I'm averaging 34-36mpg, a motorway run does early 40's at 80mph, about 420-440 miles to the fuel light.. I've got a very heavy foot too.

Leon Cupra 300
In comparison..

I'm averaging 34-36mpg, a motorway run does early 40's at 80mph, about 420-440 miles to the fuel light.. I've got a very heavy foot too.

That's my auto V his manual too.. Auto's are apparnetly 3/4mpg worse.

Thats very interesting, just a shame you cant mod them. I'd want an exhaust, map and Competition Wheels :( Although they appear to go fine without it ;)

I'm not sure how the warranty works with mods, obviously my wheels aren't standard, but that was never mentioned.

I'm assuming if the fault could have been caused by mods, they wouldn't pay.

Can't get a manual 335 can you?

Or do I have a diesel imagination barrier

The 335i comes in auto too, there were loads of them (I test drove one), but the 335d is auto only due to torque apparently.

Car booked into BMW again for Monday.

Last night I had a 'power steering lock' error message, and was unable to start the car for 20mins.

Also there's slight knocking/creaking coming from the front now (can only be heard with the windows up and driving slow, so not sure if it's inside), it wasn't there before, so it's getting looked at.

I'll try to enjoy it this weekend...

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Is the power steering and noise from the front end a new warranty claim? If so does that mean you have to pay another £100 excess? Hopefully they fix these problems and then its trouble free for a while.

Is the power steering and noise from the front end a new warranty claim? If so does that mean you have to pay another £100 excess? Hopefully they fix these problems and then its trouble free for a while.

They told me it would be on the first claim still.

Had an update from them, the power steering was caused by a flat/low charged battery, so that'll be fixed with an overnight charge.

They can not heat the knocking though, so either it's sorted itself out since I dropped it off, or they're not listening.

Not a 320d
Had an update from them, the power steering was caused by a flat/low charged battery, so that'll be fixed with an overnight charge.

They can not heat the knocking though, so either it's sorted itself out since I dropped it off, or they're not listening.

or dont give a s**t....

Dan - Germans call them german s**t machines for a reason.

Not a 320d
Funny, my first response was going to say that if you claim BMW's are reliable then you drive an E46. E9* or around that era seem to be pretty problematic.