ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 335i

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Im just a bit worried about the depreciation tbh thats the only reason I haven't got one already. Spec wise I would like a black with red leather M sport manual.

Bit crap, but gives you an idea of standard sound.

I need to take it out for a proper clip.

[video=youtube_share;ZYbWe2kLtfE]http://youtu.be/ZYbWe2kLtfE[/video]

Good choice of wheel. I have the same on my M3.

I bought my LCI's from here. Currently showing as around £385 delivered. Genuine BMW but they remove the BMW logos before shipping for some reason. Even come with a genuine packaged BMW loom adaptor.

eBay 230929383247

I'll have a look, cheers.

Any photos of them on your M3? Or a topic of yours?

It'll have a butterfly valve like my 330Ci that works off the vacuum from the engine. You can plug the vacuum hose with a golf tee and push the valve open and it will stay open constantly. It may work slightly different on the E92, but the principle is the same. It'll be down the keeping noise to a minimum around town as well, then when you're on the loud pedal, it will flick open for a nice noise.

It'll have a butterfly valve like my 330Ci that works off the vacuum from the engine. You can plug the vacuum hose with a golf tee and push the valve open and it will stay open constantly. It may work slightly different on the E92, but the principle is the same. It'll be down the keeping noise to a minimum around town as well, then when you're on the loud pedal, it will flick open for a nice noise.

Yeh, there's a plug in the boot for the vacuum. A quick unplug and you're away.

I've unplugged it now, will see how it goes for a couple of weeks. It's a lot louder, sounds modded, not sure if I'll keep it.

RB Clio 182 Cup
I love the 335i so much, it is absolutely my next car. Brilliant mix of looks, handling and power while still sensible-ish running costs. I would have to have a hell of a lot more cash floating around before I saw any value in having an M3 over a 335i as a road car.

I'll be there yeah, taking the GoPro if you want to take it for a little outing attached to your rear bumper.

Good idea!

I love the 335i so much, it is absolutely my next car. Brilliant mix of looks, handling and power while still sensible-ish running costs. I would have to have a hell of a lot more cash floating around before I saw any value in having an M3 over a 335i as a road car.

If I had the money to run an M3 I'd have one, but overall the 335i is a great balance. Enough power, without silly running costs.

Very nice that! Colour combo goes a treat.

Cheers, this was THE colour I wanted.

One of the few modern BMs I actually want to own, good choice sir.

Thanks.

Autosol, makes a huge difference.

8557365267_6386d0aafa_b.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
The jb4 has an option to keep can flap open all the time ....

cant say I notice much difference on mine tho

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Yeh, there's a plug in the boot for the vacuum. A quick unplug and you're away.

I've unplugged it now, will see how it goes for a couple of weeks. It's a lot louder, sounds modded, not sure if I'll keep it.

FYI this does throw an error up on the diagnostics.

When I had my last one I unplugged the flap & when it broke down they mentioned it was showing exhaust flap error.

Did you add the small lip spoiler on the boot?

Good spot, yes it's a lip spoiler. I think it finishes the rear nicely, almost looks too plain without.

FYI this does throw an error up on the diagnostics.

When I had my last one I unplugged the flap & when it broke down they mentioned it was showing exhaust flap error.

Ah really? I could always plug it back in before visiting BMW.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Jb4 also clears any fault codes... Lol have I sold you it yet.

i have had my 135i in for its 4th service at 50k this week and haven't picked up on jb4

oh and service was only £128 including pollen filter! Helps when you know someone at the dealership I guess

Subaru Impreza WRX
Out of interest, now you have had the car a bit longer, what average mpg are you seeing? Thinking of selling my Impreza and getting one of these.

Out of interest, now you have had the car a bit longer, what average mpg are you seeing? Thinking of selling my Impreza and getting one of these.

I'm currently showing 25.2mpg. But that's driving 90% sensible to work and back.

Compared to the 350z it's worse, as I drove the Z harder than this, but got 26+ average to work and back (although book figures say the 335i should be better).

Snotter's
Jb4 also clears any fault codes... Lol have I sold you it yet.

i have had my 135i in for its 4th service at 50k this week and haven't picked up on jb4

oh and service was only £128 including pollen filter! Helps when you know someone at the dealership I guess

Its not an issue until you have a fault, at this point it will show interference from a non BMW device voiding any warranty.