ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you drive your clio just the the sake of it?!

172/vx220t/m135i
My 172 is my everyday car, primarly used for work commuting, going food shopping etc. I have a vx220 which i use purely for the fun of driving, mainly during the summer where i'll have no qualms filling it up with petrol and just driving for the hell of it until the fuel gauge lights up again!

Now although i don't waste fuel like that in the clio i am starting to find excuses to go places just for an excuse to have a blast round in it. With fuel prices as they are and creeping up daily, do owners only use their cars for work, must do journeys etc or is there still plenty of owners driving just for the thrill of it?

LY R26 #288
I probably do a couple of hundred miles at the weekends just for a good old drive. Its mad and some people just can't understand spending loads of money on petrol. But I enjoy driving.

If I wanted a car just for going to work and back with a few shopping trips I'd buy something cheaper to run!.

BMW E34 540i
I use my 200 for everything including fun as I get sick in the stomach If I need to drive my wife's Kia Picanto ;)

1.2 y0!
I make up things I have to do so i can go for a drive and not feel gilty about using the fuel! get to the place (the long way) only to remember that i didn't need to go out and then drive back again (the long way) making sure i drive as fast as her majasty deems safe to do so! :eek: lol

When I had my Leon I'd go out for a blast at lunch time to get out the office for a bit.

I really don't feel the same about the 200 :S :(

Always! Random drives for no reason are great (although I am still in the 1*2 honeymoon period so to speak). I justify it by telling myself £1.35/L for V-power is far better value for money than £3 a pint in the pub...

Suzuki Jimny
Not as much as I used to. Liquid gold is getting more expensive every day.

Can't wait to get back over to Brecon when the roads dry up though :)

mx5 & 172
not very often, I used to do it in the mx5 all the time but really don't feel the urge in the clio. It gets a weekly italian cos it's good for it but otherwise I just commute agressively

BMW E34 540i
Always! Random drives for no reason are great (although I am still in the 1*2 honeymoon period so to speak). I justify it by telling myself £1.35/L for V-power is far better value for money than £3 a pint in the pub...

:lolup: true true

LY R26 #288

Same way I look at it, I like a drink every now and then but not every weekend. Its nice to wake up without hangovers!

Yes I do. First time I have done it since I was a teenager. Although I've only had the 182 for 5 months so we're still honeymooning.

Don't really get chance during the week but on a weekend I like to plan a route on google maps then just go and drive it. Or alternatively just go and get lost somewhere and work my way back. Had some lovely drives. Also had some disasters... like getting stuck in an almighty traffic jam in the centre of Stockport one Sunday afternoon after a quick blast round Cheshire. That was pretty miserable!

Not many good driving roads round here. Need to head further afield I think. Furthest I've gone so far was Snake Pass.

Westy. MX5

I like to do both. Not at the same time of course.

You could call a trackday randomly driving around, that would be 3 tankfuls in a day and all you do is drive round and round in circles, literally.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
only use mine at weekends when its nice weather witch is not often. my every day thing is a van that i drive in to
the next doors bin coz they keep putting it at the bottom of my drive :D

Clio RS
I use my 172 for everything, work, everyday commute, fun, detailing,... wouldn't miss it for the world!

I still have my subaru 2 but don't use it as much

Jap Shed
yep, always took my 172 out when i had it, only downside of my ek9 is that its harder to have fun on the twisties due to being more planted.

172 cup
Used to do this more in the past, cant really justify wasting the petrol anymore . mostly just gets used at the weekends now,gonna go down the track route with it in the summer

F56 MINI Cooper S
Ye I do loads lol, done 22k in 8 months since buying mine lol. Although my work commute is a 55 mile round trip each day

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I used to go to wales all the time, but lately after 5 years old Clio,s the AWFUL gearbox and seating position is really getting to me lately :(

I also have a vxt for the weekend and a tdi for work, I'm starting to find the vx is getting more of a pain in the arse for me than it's worth,I never feel like driving it anymore. (think I'm getting to old to climb in etc lol). I'm hoping to get a 182 to take it's place! Still fun and a bit more practical I will end up doing loads of miles in it :cool:

Corsa Van. Meh.
Occasionally. The novelty wears off easily and after doing about 500 miles in it during the week the last thing I want to do is drive it even more of a weekend.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I climb out of me big soft dci traffic and then jump in me 182 and go all over the place just for fun! ATM the roads ain't great but went up the horseshoe pass in December at night just because I was bored lol just love driving my 182 I guess :)

When I had my ph1 I used it as my daily and for fun random drives.
I have a company car now and a westfield as a weekend toy, problem is with no screen etc it can only be used in ideal conditions, if I had a 1*2 as a weekend toy I would probably drive it in the evenings etc.

1.2 16v
yupp! best thing to do when bord, waste petrol, but the amount of fun you can have, i really dont care about the cost haha