ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you drive your clio just the the sake of it?!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I used to go to wales all the time, but lately after 5 years old Clio,s the AWFUL gearbox and seating position is really getting to me lately :(

Get some Bimarco's, stick them on the floor - solves the awful driving position instantly!!

Gearbox, well yeah, its not amazing lol, but not the worst in the world by far ...

Re: the Trophy, pleasure use only these days :D

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Weekend toy these days - sometimes not even then. I've only done 2k in it in the last year.

172/vx220t/m135i
I probably do a couple of hundred miles at the weekends just for a good old drive. Its mad and some people just can't understand spending loads of money on petrol. But I enjoy driving.

If I wanted a car just for going to work and back with a few shopping trips I'd buy something cheaper to run!.

I did use to have a cheaper runaround than the clio but beings as i do more miles in the everyday car it made sense that i bought something i'd enjoy driving, even if it was just for work etc.

172/vx220t/m135i
I also have a vxt for the weekend and a tdi for work, I'm starting to find the vx is getting more of a pain in the arse for me than it's worth,I never feel like driving it anymore. (think I'm getting to old to climb in etc lol). I'm hoping to get a 182 to take it's place! Still fun and a bit more practical I will end up doing loads of miles in it :cool:

I'm the opposite to be honest, not driving the vx all year round makes it extra special when i do. I sorn it over the winter months so when it comes time to get it out the garage i can't wait. Think you will enjoy a 182 though, in a way they are a liitle bit v-esk in the way they handle and have a kind of raw feel, performance is similar to a naturally aspirated vx too.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My Cup gets commuted once a week to keep things moving and the discs clear of rust. Apart from that, the only times it gets driven are purely for fun and purely for the hell of it. Love it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not the Clio, ahem but yeah I do it a lot. I stay even closer to my work now so the morning run is like 3 minutes compared to before when it was 15minutes down a B road.

I try and get out in it a lot, it's also set for an overhaul in March so i'll be desperate to drive it even more after that.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
My vee i didnt, wasnt the most fun car to drive... good for posing though! The mini however i go out for a drive in quite often just because its fun.

Milltek'd clio 182
my car is used to travel to work, at weekends we use the old banger clio, to shop around in. but since i have owned my 182 for 6 months, im still not bored, i love running it up an down the dual carrage way to give her a good blast. i do it once or twice a week, just to keep her going and on her toes.

ph2 172
i use my 1.4 for driving to work and college, but i love to take it out for a drive when ever i can, its great fun!

Gay Clio 172 phs1
God no, Its a bollock to drive at the moment lol. . . I'd walk before using the clio If I could.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just been for a drive to kill boredom there. It was awesome lol. 1.4 is perfect for the occasional blast like. I wish I could free up the power/torque it already has, then it'd be awesome around the windy roads and roundabouts round mine. God I want to do a track day :D

Mk5 golf gti
Use mine for college and work

but i still go for the odd blast on a friday or saturday night, if sober Lol

its getting on the track days in your clio where you tend to appreciate the car for what it is and enhance your thrill for driving

:)

02 Clio 172
I use my 172 for work, I travel about 15 miles a day for that but I can find any amount of excuses to go for a random drive....yeah I really need that pack of paper clips from the shop 50 miles away! I live in Devon so I like to go up to the moors for a drive, Porlock Hill near Minehead is good fun, its a 1 in 4 hill with a national speed limit! What's £35 for a day of fun?

Yup, especially in the summer months, load up the ipod with trance tunes and go for a blast somewhere for the hell of it. The 200 has only got better with mileage so I expect this summer should be good too.

172/vx220t/m135i
Yup, especially in the summer months, load up the ipod with trance tunes and go for a blast somewhere for the hell of it. The 200 has only got better with mileage so I expect this summer should be good too.

What summer?!!

182 Ly ff.
Only had my 182 a couple of weeks so still itching to take it out on my own! Compared to my last car st170 which I wasn't bothered about at all lacked any sort of fun!

320d
I used to in my 172 and do in my MX5 too. Petrols so expensive it puts a bit of a downer on it at the minute but I bought a sports car for a reason, If I wasn't going to drive it for fun I may as well sell it.