ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do You Acknowledge other RS Clio's on the road?

BMW F21 125d
As above really, if you see another RS 1*2 or 197 do you acknowledge them with a nod/lights flash or a wave? I seem to, some are friendly and return the nod, but some look at me like i have gone out! :S.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I do with any other RS I see around, which is hardly ever in my area....

They usually ignore me :(

i do but get looked at like ive pi$$ed on their xmas pressies.

once hazarded at a LY R27 on the M56 and we convoyed, was so romantic

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Erm, no. Maybe if i did then they would come round to my house. I could cook them dinner, then they could nail my missus and leave me with the washing up? Sounds fun :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I probably would give a small wave to another R27 if I saw one on the road. Which I haven't since I had mine. And I certainly would've done to another Vee when I had mine. I would always return a wave/flash as well from another RS driver :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I look over...or if one passes me, i'll give a flash...

Every time i see this boy in a blue vee we both smile and wave! hugely ghey but its an awesome reaction!

Don't usually as they look at you stupid. Usually look at the driver and they sometimes look back. If going the same way and we have a play then will obv aknowlege when one turns off. Someone in a 197 waved at me yesterday but I wasn't paying attention till it was too late.

A few local dudes with 197's nod & flash etc, I do the same:)
Folk with 172/182's can't look away quick enough:S They look over then turn their head away in neck snapping fashion, plonkers !

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
only the people i know with them. if i ever see a clio i always see who is driving it, whether it be a 197 or a mk1

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Folk with 172/182's can't look away quick enough:S They look over then turn their head away in neck snapping fashion, plonkers !

Yea I used to get that ALL the time. It's as if they don't want you to know they're looking at the Vee - they don't want you know they're drooling with jealousy I guess...

Inferno Orange 182 FF
i always look whatever clio it is, but i think i may join in! my bro used to do it with fellow land rover 90 owners and u feel special.. yeh i know thats nothin like a 182 but hey hoe :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you see someone in a Fiesta looking a bit simple, counting on his fingers and not particularly focusing on the road, 1. keep well to your side of the road and 2. it'll be me drooling with envy and trying to work out if I've got enough saved up for one yet, the answers always the same. :)

Yea I used to get that ALL the time. It's as if they don't want you to know they're looking at the Vee - they don't want you know they're drooling with jealousy I guess...
That's exactly what i'm talking about Dan, weirdo's !

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
sometimes theres a rb 182 that i see round here and we let on to each other

185lb/ft dCi
i do but usually its some blonde b**ch or some old person. does my head in sometimes, put effort in catching up to them, pull along side them and they don't even acknowledge me!

No.

Why would I? Just cos they bought a similar car?

If you drove an Astra, would you wave at all Astra drivers?

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
No.

Why would I? Just cos they bought a similar car?

If you drove an Astra, would you wave at all Astra drivers?

Yea but its not like there are nearly as many RS as astras!! Used to do it all the time in my old mini! always put a smile on my face...not any more in mine now just yearn whenever i see a RS!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I did yesterday to a fellow 197 owner. he looked at me as if to say WTF???:S

I felt :eek:

LY V6 with Recaros
I would if I saw another vee. I usually look over at other RS drivers and if they look over and acknowledge me then I might. I'll always return a flash or wave though.

182 Clio
I once flashed at a 1*2, but then realised that I should really be in my car!!

Only joking, try to wave at all RS owners, but usually get a blank look

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
whenever im out in our everyday car (a golf plus dune diesel) i see loads of clios. whenever im in the clio....i see ferkin nobody!!

172 Credit crunch edition
Cant really see the fascination with waving/flashing a random person in a similar car tbh

Glanza V
no i have been tempted a few times but dont wanna look lyk a prat lol a have seen plenty of rs,s in the durham area lyk over the past few months but can never tell if they r on here lol

BMW F21 125d
Thats it, not everyone has ClioSport stickers, I know i dont! I'll always return a flash/wave/nod and will often instigate it, but often weigh it up 1st to see if its a good idea or to guage what the reaction will be!