ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do our cars not sell well on this site?

172/vx220t/m135i
Like to have a nose at what other members have for sale in the classifieds from time to time and noticed not many ever seem to sell?! Would have thought members cars would be the first to go or do we tend to over price our cars on here? Most of the replies in the for sale section are owners reducing their cars several times! Maybe it's a case of wanabe owners not knowing/looking on here, i no if i was after one it would be the first place i'd look.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Sold mine via zsoc.com / ebay, to a member on here - post it everywhere and you'll eventually find a buyer.

you don't just need the buyer to see it, a lot of cars are bought through recomendadtions fom other people that have seen the advertisement.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The for sale adverts on here (some, not all!) are a joke.

£7,000 no offers.

a week later, £6800 no offers...

A week later £6500 no offers...

The eventually they sell it for £5000.

Its rediculous!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf

£7,000 no offers.

Its rediculous!
^THIS
I normally stick cars up on ebay go a lot faster through the auction.

Z4 Coupe

£7,000 no offers.

Its rediculous!

Exactly right, I see this all the time and laugh, When a new thread is made its in the buyers benefit to wait and watch the price drop fpmsl

You're trying to sell a car to people that already have the same car in most cases.

Then there's the stupid pricing.

Also, if you've made threads with 'My gearbox is fucked' 'Did 150MPH in 1st' it won't help you either and no amount of begging to get them deleted will work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But if your car is up for £6999 and then 6 weeks later its £4999, that just says one of two things. You're either desperate to get rid of it or you're a greedy cnut.

Either way, that will make people not want to do business with you.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Im looking for a car and always looking at the for sale section, its good because you can also check old post of the seller;)

What something is worth and what someone is prepared to pay for it are frequently two different things. This site suffers equally with people expecting way more than is reasonable and lowballing pikey f***s who want a mint car for pocket change.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I'm in the market but the ones on here just aren't to my taste - be it the colour or the mods done. I think generally buyers want to buy one in standard form/as close to standard as possible.

Sunflower Ph1 172
I'm in the market but the ones on here just aren't to my taste - be it the colour or the mods done. I think generally buyers want to buy one in standard form/as close to standard as possible.

I'm the same, I would pay less for a modified example.

I'm the same, I would pay less for a modified example.

I was the same.... wish I'd signed up on here a few months earlier and I would have soon realised that a well looked after modified example is actually a great buy.... I bought standard and all I do now is want to spend money modifying it!!

If I could go back and do it again I'd buy a members car on here with tasteful (sheep if you will) mods

I had my car on ebay + pistonheads and here/197.net. I got the most serious interest on here and in the end the buyer was from here. :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As a prosective buyer, looking on here will be a good move !

As a seller, 99% of your audience is already an owner or a seller haha.

Bought and sold my ph1 on here, got a few bites for my ph2 which I bought on here, but they were all people 500 miles away. Ended up selling through AT within a week.

Will NOT be buying another one !

:rasp:

BG 182 FF
Have to agree with vxt172. Prices for 1*2's are all over the place!

I have been looking for a few weeks now for a mintish FF 2004/5 with around 45k on...belts done. What i have seen is prices starting around 3.5k going all the way round to 5 sometimes 6k.

Ok so i understand low milage may put an extra 500quid on but with a current book price of 3.6k only someone with no or little knowledge would pay over 4k...unless:

1. Low low miles - although this to me could be a negative
2. £££££'s of mods

R26
Sold mine on here within 2 days without advertising anywhere else. 1st person to see it bought it :)

Astra Twintop
People add "forum tax" ergo bigger prices.
And because they spend "X" hours polishing it, this apparently adds value.

Not to mention "I've spent 3k on it, and i want the money back"

Mustang, S13, AX GT
A lot of members on here are good at pushing the price of clio's in general down as opposed to other owners clubs where you would expect to see cars valued at higher prices than AT etc...

306 GTI-6
I agree with the price reduction comments. I looked at one thread recently where there are in the region of 5 price reductions, all saying he wont go any lower. I am holding out until he says he is willing to give me money to buy his car lol

I am looking because in about 4 months I intend to be buying a 172, looking for something in the region of £2500 to £3000 in Monaco, Inferno, or Silver.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I agree with the price reduction comments. I looked at one thread recently where there are in the region of 5 price reductions, all saying he wont go any lower. I am holding out until he says he is willing to give me money to buy his car lol

I am looking because in about 4 months I intend to be buying a 172, looking for something in the region of £2500 to £3000 in Monaco, Inferno, or Silver.

Inferno 172's ftw