ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do our cars not sell well on this site?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of members on here are good at pushing the price of clio's in general down as opposed to other owners clubs where you would expect to see cars valued at higher prices than AT etc...

This.

Always try AT and PH before listing here, people on this forum always want to pay bottom dollar

A lot of members on here are good at pushing the price of clio's in general down as opposed to other owners clubs where you would expect to see cars valued at higher prices than AT etc...

I've never know a forum like it tbh, CS is the only place where members seem to proactively force second hand values down with negative comments and estimated values.

172 cup
I've had my car for sale on here quiet a while now and have had no one interested in buying it off this website

306 GTI-6
I agree with the price reduction comments. I looked at one thread recently where there are in the region of 5 price reductions, all saying he wont go any lower. I am holding out until he says he is willing to give me money to buy his car lol

I am looking because in about 4 months I intend to be buying a 172, looking for something in the region of £2500 to £3000 in Monaco, Inferno, or Silver.

Just realised its actually Flame Red I am interested in, not Inferno

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone ever PM people on here asking if they want to sell? A while ago i did have someone asking me if i would sell my 182
I didnt have a clue about this forum when i bought my car, i found mine through AT

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
As mentioned, when buying i only ever buy standard, or say with coilovers, but with the standard stuff included. When modding you massively narrow the potential buyers market imo. I'd overlook most on here, I don't want somebody elses modifications :(

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
i bought mine through another forum quite cheap knowing it needed the belt kits doing and a couple of other minor things. tbh i wish i hadnt bothered with it and i would have gone through auto trader like i did with my past 2 cars.

not to worry, i have it now and its cost me a bit to fix up but now its pretty much mint so happy days

Listerine & Poledo
I do think this forum talks down the price of RS's tbh, especially ph2's....

I dont know about that, remember that they are pretty much worthless to the general motoring world.
No matter how many modz someone may throw at them ,they are, when all's said and done, a cheap french hatchback.
Entheusiasts seem to think that because their car is worth X to them, it must be worth the same to the rest of the world.
And that is why they fail

I dont know about that, remember that they are pretty much worthless to the general motoring world.
No matter how many modz someone may throw at them ,they are, when all's said and done, a cheap french hatchback.
Entheusiasts seem to think that because their car is worth X to them, it must be worth the same to the rest of the world.
And that is why they fail

I take your point mate but when you look at the prices 172's and some 182's are going for, it's getting close to low ish milage saxo's etc. Mk4 Golfs go for more than 182's and I know which I would call a "better" car, albeit a less well put together one lol