ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
The old steering rack is still here mate. Using the one in better (unburnt) condition from the donor on the car and just blocking the holes up :D

SQ5
Few up to date pics..

So the weekend involved getting the sound deadening out and general titting around

Before019.jpg

Before020.jpg

Then last night we dropped the subframe, engine and everything else

Before027.jpg

Before005.jpg

Before012.jpg

Before033.jpg

Removed the power steering pump (I would never want to do that on an engine in the car!)

Then today it got rubbed down and engine bay sprayed ;)

Before025.jpg

Before024.jpg

Before011.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
the unfortunate fire looks like a blessing in disguise this is turning in to a proper nice project keep up the work

172 Flamer
s**t man thats bad news with the fire. Sorry to see that. Looks like your getting it sorted proplerly. Good luck with the rebuild mate, looks good.

SQ5
It kind of moved a few things around of what was being done. Forged engine was just about to be built to look for 300bhp+ but now its having to go on tarting it up!

Cage plates should be in by the end of the week meaning inside can be sprayed beginning of next week. In which tim engine will be back in and built up ready for the cambelt to be changed on Good Friday. Then once its ready to drive its being driven, and the outside will be sprayed either a week or so later or after my ring trip! Probably after the ring so it can get stone chipped before.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good on ya cracking on, if it makes it a better car, then it wasn't as bad as it could have been :)

At least if its all put back fresh it elimates any corrosion/worn wiring problems for a while. :)

SQ5
Its very nice knowing I've had every bit off of the car and back on in good order :) There are little bits that will need doing, like most rubbers, but they will eventually get done as and when, only one ARB rubber got a little melted so will polybush that. Then will get new wishbones. The loom is now basically controlling the engine/lights/clocks. Having a 12v heater instead as it will only be needed come MOT time.

300bhp is a way off now, but I think standard gearbox will hold for the first 3k lol, then rebuild! Haha!

SQ5
Can't believe took this long to talk about colour :p Engine bay and inside is quite Lunar grey but its exactly it without the pearl in it. Outside will be going Lunar Grey yes :)

SQ5
Nope, Lunar Grey is awesome and not seen it done except the R26R and vee's!

Just buy new ends you pikey, they cost about £6!

320d
Its very nice knowing I've had every bit off of the car and back on in good order :) There are little bits that will need doing, like most rubbers, but they will eventually get done as and when, only one ARB rubber got a little melted so will polybush that. Then will get new wishbones. The loom is now basically controlling the engine/lights/clocks. Having a 12v heater instead as it will only be needed come MOT time.

300bhp is a way off now, but I think standard gearbox will hold for the first 3k lol, then rebuild! Haha!

Didn't realise you needed a heater for MOT.

alien green rs133
^^^ i wasnt aware you needed a heater, never seen it checked at our spot........

Nope, Lunar Grey is awesome and not seen it done except the R26R and vee's!

Just buy new ends you pikey, they cost about £6!

lol i wanna see if they are longer than the 1.2 ones before purchasing a full set of track rods and ends :dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lunar body, satin black bonnet and red wheels. Its the way forward!!

SQ5
Have you ever seen blue on lunar?? All engine is going to be polished and blue hoses. I think it will go well!

340i
it should be a good combination...

One thing about the polishing, my inlet manifold is polished to a mirror finish and runs absolutely scorching hot now! :dapprove:

May be better going for powder coating, or VHT paint?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
You need a demister though ;)

Heated front screen FTW ;)

Plans sound good, look forward to seeing lunar as im unsure wether it will work on the MK2 shape (Due to the lack of lines/tension in the car)

Hopefully looks good though

SQ5
Got the blue paint today and together they look good!

No engine parts will be polished, but building a custom airbox which will be.

What model is heated windscreen from as loving that idea! Just need to work out a way of getting air into the car!

SQ5
Really?! That's good to hear! Can always see how it goes up
until MOT time anyway I it does ever get misted up!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
yea im a tester and theres nothing in the test about clearing the screen so good new for you matey, i was gona say if you were closer i could mot it for you, not saying id turn a blind eye to anything . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . honest

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Got the blue paint today and together they look good!

No engine parts will be polished, but building a custom airbox which will be.

What model is heated windscreen from as loving that idea! Just need to work out a way of getting air into the car!

Not to sure, but we have one to fit once our engine is back. (wasnt cheap though)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
  SQ5
Thats not a bad price TBH, I guess everything comes with the screen?

Just got in high as a kite from getting all the sticky s**t off from inside, all over my hands and it STUCK well! Also quick pic of the paint a little dusty and up close.

9391722a.jpg

4a791e04.jpg

43040b25.jpg

b5b973ef.jpg

340i
I do not miss removing and washing down all the tar patches with White spirits eurgh :(

you've missed a big one on the roof btw ;)

SQ5
The roof lining only came down today as the cage had been in being welded. We didnt fancy getting the heatgun in with the thinner fumes everywhere!

SQ5
6ff972c9.jpg

heatwrapped decat and manifold today, mates first go and was very good! And Tims mate ed came and done the cambelt, pulley was a little melted and not round!

Also I unfortunately rippled the roof taking the roof sound deadening off :( Going to have to find a new roof skin to replace it now ;)