ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

Qashcow
i rippled my roof slightly too getting off the tar, worst part was burning the paint slightly though. i got away with just having it sprayed. carbon FTMFW, talking about £1k for that

BG182®
Blimin' heck, since the last Ipswich meet it's changed a lot and that was only last month lol. Keep up the hard work mate.

I should pay more attention to threads like these :dapprove:

SQ5
Blimin' heck, since the last Ipswich meet it's changed a lot and that was only last month lol. Keep up the hard work mate.

I should pay more attention to threads like these :dapprove:

Its been silver/black/lunar grey in the space of a month haha!

Really less than 1k. I think I ask about this before and some guy did it for a mk1 and it was about £1k. Would look total sex though

It won't be a thing I have straight away but itll be in the pipeline now the roof is bent!

SQ5
Made a lot of progress tonight. Cut off a few bits of excess metal from the inside, and prepped the whole inside and masked up ready for paint tomorrow! Getting excited now as once the inside is done everything can then be put back into the car and the box of new bits is getting bigger!

Few pics from tonight, not in order!

b60a40b6.jpg

adff02dc.jpg

97af237a.jpg

495df50c.jpg

e6963eb2.jpg

e950cce0.jpg

ef9687c7.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
sorry if you have already said but what colour are you doing the interior? good progress with this its moving along fast!!

e91 330d/type r mini
looks nice :) good luck with putting it back together, plenty of swearing and cut fingers lol
will be worth it in the end though

v6
Shame about the fire but seems to have kicked you into doing it properly :rasp:

You still coming on Sat?

White Evo V
Why didn't you paint it all at once then danny? Got the full shell prepped, waited for the paint and done the whole shell in one! That's what I did, sooo much easier! Then knock the panels off in a second sitting?!

Oh and BTW, looking good mate! I think the fire actually did the car good!

SQ5
More worried about getting it back up and running TBH. Outside prep etc. is going to take a few days including painting and only working on it at night, that time is longer!

I just needed the inside done so could get parts back in like pedal box so brake lines can be made up and loom and cage put in once and for all!

SQ5
Few pis from yesterday, was hoping to get more done tbh but the steering rack frame thing needed to be painted. Got the custom subframes in which are available to be made up if people want them now templates are made! Got master cylinder and pedal box in, all door rubbers on, doors and boot stripped down for paint. Shuts have been sprayed too. Monday night will see a massive step with getting the inside nearly completed, hoping to be running for Saturday and painted for following Saturday! Cage was sprayed yesterday also, the colour match on it was spot on to what I wanted, pics really don't show proper colour of anything!

f662e181.jpg

4b94878d.jpg

e8a767b8.jpg

d41de56d.jpg

d866c32a.jpg

01308e06.jpg

9f79e268.jpg

2f43859b.jpg

aeb19f71.jpg

SQ5
Cage is the same colour as samco hoses, got a litre of it so plenty left! Will
be scratched when front/rear joiners will go in unfortunately but it's one of them things! Hoping to put some very progressive pictures tomorrow night!

DCi 100
Staying as a PH1 or sticking a PH2 front end on it while it's getting done?

Will look very different once sorted!

SQ5
Yup lunar grey, 1 of 3 clios to now be that colour :rasp:

Ph2 front end really doesn't do it for me, so the ph1 front end will be staying :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cage is the same colour as samco hoses, got a litre of it so plenty left! Will
be scratched when front/rear joiners will go in unfortunately but it's one of them things! Hoping to put some very progressive pictures tomorrow night!

year you can always touch up though i guess, thats the joys of having satin black... but that grey is very nice