ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
That was what I thought, Why did I do the other wheels! Won't be silver for long though, need to match the new colour scheme!

SQ5
Got my SBP flocked dash and bits back today, look awesome, although definitely need bottom half done too!

Tomorrow the engine build starts. Everything will be got together on a little list of what I need, whilst another engine is stripped down for some spares.

Got a bit of an oil leak at the moment and is down on power. Possible crack ringland on the piston so its losing a little compression.

Shall get some pics of the dash up once there on PB!

SQ5
Well after a massive fail of sound deadening the other night this project took a big leap backwards/forwards (not decided yet lol). Sound deadening dropped onto very hot manifold and went up in flames :(

ORIGINAL THREAD http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=494461

It went from this at night
57457206.jpg

To the next afternoon
0068e079.jpg

32402244.jpg

90685e52.jpg

Got busy on it tonight for couple of hours three of us and now left with basicall only the engine and box in the front half of the car! Some bits came out whole, some came out melted and others were crowbarred and hammered out :D

Halfway through the evening
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

End of the night
IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Bonnet will stay as is for a bit I think ;)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Just run it looking like that, looks hardcore. Shame about the fire, onwards and upwards i hope.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Really sucks what has happened, but thank god the whole thing didn't go up...but i think the bonnet looks pretty cool !

SQ5
Yea the bonnet does look good, it will be staying for a while like it I'd imagine, although I need some bonnet pins as its a little distorted lol!

Engine doesn't need to come out for the bay to be be sprayed. I's only going black all inside, won't be a concours job but it will be neat covering all bits that need too! Cage maybe welded in tomorrow night too, then out and sprayed. Then the inside sprayed too :) So a bit of a silver lining to it :)

SQ5
No won't be staying silver, although insides will be sprayed firstwhich will give the colour away!

Hopefully running and inside done by next meet!

340i
It looks mean as hell like that:

IMG_0362.jpg

It will be better again mate... Like a phoenix rising from the ashes!! :D (no pun intended LOL)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just lacquer the bonnet, done. Looks hard as nails in the pic above!

Glad to see you got so much done so quick, hope its back up and running soon enough :)

SQ5
Need to come see you Sarah, IOM trip definitely needed once done :D

Bonnet needs to stay until externally sprayed, and I've thought about somephpenix related stuff but can't think of anything!

alien green rs133
phoenix escaped from under your bonnet in a ball of fire, and now you have to chase it down at xxx miles an hour :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
You can remove the tar rubbish under the fan/heater thingy now its not there :)

Look forward to seeing it looking good again :)

SQ5
That all got a little melted anyway :p lol!

Got most, well virtually all of the inside out tonight, not a single wire on the car now!

ede908ec.jpg

d8fe9bd1.jpg

17378576.jpg

475c0899.jpg

ec3bb1a2.jpg

55ea7a76.jpg

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Why did you leave the bonnet open? Closing the bonnet would have starved the fire of a lot of oxygen. Supper gutting though :(

182 trackday racer
Now I know why it felt like a good idea to remove all sound deadening from the engine bay.

Hope it sorts out for you guys.

SQ5
Looks like the inside of my car ;)

Prime opportunity to remove all the tar and sound deadening !

go to town on it...glad it isn't too bad

Of course, I wouldn't spray over the sound deadening :rasp: It's coming out tomorrow night then getting prep'd for paint!

Why did you leave the bonnet open? Closing the bonnet would have starved the fire of a lot of oxygen. Supper gutting though :(

Once I'd opened the bonnet to check for a fire, it was small and right down the bottom, there is still air under the car IIRC. Then if I'd of closed it I'd of had to of opened it again when the falmes were big THEN it would of caused the bigger flames to get air and burn me!

I suprised he could reach the bonnet tbh

c**k TBH

e91 330d/type r mini
your getting there, see i told you i would get my cage in and painted before you :)
mines all prepaired now and is getting painted tom/friday and the cage is already painted.then putting it all back together starts :(

S4 Avant
Horrible seeing all that, surely it's not a great idea from Renault, putting flammable sound proofing just above the exhaust manifold?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Such a shame to see it like this, hope the changes you do now make it even better!

SQ5
Went to see it this afternoon and half the sound deadening had been taken out already :D The joys of having a mate with a workshop and someone being bored! Good lads :D

SQ5
Well after a late start this morning due to a door strut failure on an Aston Martin, I didn't get started until 12!

Got all the sound deadening out, all the steering column and heaters out, the car is now very bare in side. Cage then got mount in the car were it should go ready for the box section to be welded in!

Engine is coming out on Monday and the engine bay pressure washed down so all the burnt crap will come out. Then if I can get a few pennies within the next week sorted then the forged roads will be going into the other engine, and that dropped back in by the end of the month :D

shame about the fire, who took the photo of it in flames? lol, thats dedication for updates!

cool looking car!

SQ5
Dropped the engine and subframe out tonight and started cleaning the engine bay up ready to be rubbed down tomorrow for paint!

Have no pictures as iPhone is being a pain :(

Got the PAS pump and steering rack out, all in the bin. Also toyed with the idea of running new brake lines front to back and ditching the ABS. I'm in favour of that idea and will be running no ABS.

I'll try get some pics up soon!