ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
My Xmas present arrived a couple days ago

1a3345db.jpg

OMP full cage! Getting a few bits ready for fitting now, bloody snow is stopping me. If only I had a nice big garage :(

BG 182 FF
Just read this from start to finish, the car is epic, have saw the video's as well, when you get your car running at 0.6 bar it will immense, great project m8 hope everything goes well. Will look awesome with the cage in!

Qashcow
cant wait for mine to arrive now, ive got no room left in the garage as the car cant move at the moment, cage welding in the conservatory FTW lol!!

decided on a colour yet?

SQ5
Just read this from start to finish, the car is epic, have saw the video's as well, when you get your car running at 0.6 bar it will immense, great project m8 hope everything goes well. Will look awesome with the cage in!

You obviously didn't read the whole thread did you :p lol! Its running the full boost it can at the moment at 0.5 bar

cant wait for mine to arrive now, ive got no room left in the garage as the car cant move at the moment, cage welding in the conservatory FTW lol!!

decided on a colour yet?

You'll be happy to know all box section comes with it too and most of the fixings, so looking like an easier job too :)

Colour isn't decided yet no, but I need to decide quickly as its gettin fitted in the next few weeks!

Qashcow
You obviously didn't read the whole thread did you :p lol! Its running the full boost it can at the moment at 0.5 bar

You'll be happy to know all box section comes with it too and most of the fixings, so looking like an easier job too :)

f**king amazing, i hadnt even thourght of that being the case. im happy again

Qashcow
6 point bolt in (although im welding in) is about £470 delivered, the weld in cage doesnt look as good imo

SQ5
Yea as Bomber said! It just doesn't come painted. So I'm having to fit it, take it out, paint it then bolt it back in! Coming with the box section really helps too!

e91 330d/type r mini
hmmm I may even go for an OMP cage now... How much delivered Danny, is it 6-point?
i have found peter lloyd to be cheapest they will do the omp bolt in cage delivered within 2 weeks for £440 including vat im ordering mine tomorrow :)
danny is it only the floor plated that need welding or do you have to weld the door bars in aswell? also can you fit the cage without cutting into the dash?

SQ5
The door bars do need to be cut to length and the bracket welded on to both the cage and the bar. I think it will fit without cutting the dash as by the looks of the bends, but I think that where the front bolts to the back part of the cage it is adjustable so maybe you can do it both ways?

e91 330d/type r mini
hmmm I may even go for an OMP cage now... How much delivered Danny, is it 6-point?

The door bars do need to be cut to length and the bracket welded on to both the cage and the bar. I think it will fit without cutting the dash as by the looks of the bends, but I think that where the front bolts to the back part of the cage it is adjustable so maybe you can do it both ways?
good good i hope it fits nice and easy :) mind you i still need to fit my clutch first, bloody weather slowing things up eh, dont it know we got cars to get ready for next years trackdays :) you decided on a colour for yours yet danny?

340i
I shall be ordering one in the new year... PLR looks the be the best price (Cheers for the tip Hughesclio ;))

I will be getting a meter length tube to make a harness bar running through the diagonal on the rear section of the cage.

All powder coated in orange

And "try" to weld it in very neatly not too much burn the powder coating LOL ;)

BMW M5 & E36
Fitment of my OMP cage a year ago was crap, hopefully they've improved a bit since. The 'footplates' that came with mine were a joke too, which is why I've cut it all out and doing it again properly..

Qashcow
ive got no problem cutting and shutting mine to fit tbh, ive heard theyre not a great fit though. harness bar FTW!! i bought 2.8meters, think im going to go silly with the stuff lol

e91 330d/type r mini
just ordered my cage from peter lloyd racing i got it slightly wrong the full delivered price was £450, onlyl a little saving over yb racing but every little helps :) cant wait to get it now, i should really start a project thread for mine but im too lazy lol, let us know how the fitting goes danny

SQ5
Done nearly 5000 miles and car is still running well.

Just put some Ph2 rear lights on and changed over a cracked front light! Cage will be going in in the next few weeks which means all the insides being sprayed too :)

Qashcow
Pmsl, that's more than I've done since last January! Glad it's going strong still with some decent mileage getting on it

SQ5
Not updated this in a while!

Had a trackday last weekend, it was fun, first time running full boost, braking times were a lot bigger on the straights, was hitting 130 at the back straight at Snetterton. I had killed the brakes within an hour, fluid had boiled and was just no good! Need to get it sorted!

Also killed another driveshaft so the front will be getting raised 10mm at the weekend and another driveshaft fitted. Cage wil also be going in! Once the cage is in I can finally start stripping the interior out, as the inside is being sprayed black. Then hopefully my new Bimarco Futuras will be ready for when its done and they will be in along with the cage.

Any ideas on cage colours?

Car will then be off the road for a couple of weeks while it gets prepped ready for its new colour ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Need to see this soon Fella......Give me a text when its track prep'd and I'll come see it!

SQ5
Its always been track-prepped Andy! Its got four wheels!

Neil, technically not progress yet, just a schedule! Hopefully all done and tidy ready for FCS! The nights are getting slightly longer so within a month I'll be able to get an hour in most days!

SQ5
Well its been nearly a month with no update! Its changed a fair bit IMO!

Recently fitted:
- Cup Spoiler
- 307 Splitter back on
- Silver Ph1 Wheels
- Roll cage

Thinks that's all, not a lot really, but the difference its made is awesome!

2Medium.jpg

DPP_0010Medium.jpg

To Come this month:

- Bimarco Futura (getting fed up of odd seats)
- Roll cage Fitted properly/sprayed
- Yozzasport Race system

SQ5
Yea, see how long I can live with it for lol!

CTD - Cable Tie Developments ;) Little joke between a few of us!

SQ5
Yea the silver wheels look a lot better!

I role with only black ones no Gregg, keeping it too only a couple colours :p