ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences between F4R736 and F4R740

Ehh.. Clio
Hi there lads,

For a brief explanation, I'm from Brazil and here we had no Clio RS. The highest trim available was the Dynamique 1.6 16v (K4M).

Few lads here swapped the K4M for the F4R740 from the Scenic.

My intention is to "create" a F4R736 based on the F4R740. For sure the cylinder head is absolutely different, but basically I need help to know all other differences between these two engines. A friend of mine told me that is the accessories displacement (air conditioning, supports etc).

Many thanks in advance

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Compression ratio is lower on the 740 for definite (9.8:1 f4r736 >11:1 f4r 736) The cylinder head will be the same mate, but the shapes of the ports will be different, and potentially their position. All the cylinder heads are from the same casting you see. Cams will be not quite so wild either on the 740 and valves may well be smaller on the 740.
The block appears to be the same so you'd need the brackets for the alternator, p/steering pump and alternator.

When I pull my 736 motor apart I'll have pistons, cams, valves and various brackets if your interested?

Ehh.. Clio
Hey Mark :) to be honest I already have most of these parts. Pistons, cams, valves, con rods, 172 ph1 cylinder head :)... I believe that what I really need is those brackets. For sure I'm interested.

By the way, your ex-KW v2 is safe and sound here ;) many thanks mate!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hey Mark :) to be honest I already have most of these parts. Pistons, cams, valves, con rods, 172 ph1 cylinder head :)... I believe that what I really need is those brackets. For sure I'm interested.

By the way, your ex-KW v2 is safe and sound here ;) many thanks mate!

Hi mate! It's not going to be for a couple of weeks/a month before I can get the engine to my new house for stripping as it's currently residing 65 miles away from where I currently live. If you can hold out a while you can have the brackets.

Great news about the v2's as well. Pleased that they arrived with you safe and sound.