ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences between 197 and the 197 Cup.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it's very unlikely tbh :(

but if they do... i'll be down to the dealers like a shot!

Clio 225 in Glacier White with Xenons, Full Leather Recaros, R27 wheels, climate etc etc. oh yas!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That would be my exact spec, except I'd be wanting some form of LSD and I wouldn't be bothered about leather as long as I got Recaros :) And I'd want the 230 spec engine ;)

Dan

An orange one
yep....230 spec but with full (heated) leather recaro's, in racing blue, meggy R26 18's, xenons, job done!

An orange one
do you think renault read this site??

surely they must be getting the hang of what we want by now???

also worth a note is... how come that clio 197 R3 rally car makes 230bhp..and yet the road one can make do with a pishy 197 (apparently)??

also worth a note is... how come that clio 197 R3 rally car makes 230bhp..and yet the road one can make do with a pishy 197 (apparently)??

I'm guessing it's at a relatively high state of tune? A rally car would be serviced/rebuilt etc on a relatively frequent basis, but we would expect ours to last 150k with a once over every 12 months.

An orange one
true...didnt think of it like that

this issue really bothers me...as if they just give us more power then its what im getting next...i really like the 197 shape, chassis, interior, the whole car..but after a v6..it would just be slow :(

ive been told that they are bringing out a 197 version with a 20L turbo, how true is that?
Not true.
come on renault...how many times do you want to see your clio get beaten in magazine tests due to lack of power??? its heavy...the power to weight just aint there anymore

you are making the best chassis in the pack right now...give us the power it deserves :(
Its got more than enough for it realy. It don't loose out what are you compairing it to?

Plus product placemtn means the Mgan has to be better as such.
do you think renault read this site??

surely they must be getting the hang of what we want by now???

Renault Uk do listen but its not business sence to make a 230hp+ turbo one even then people will moan saying they want 300hp to keep wit scoobies and the cost etc puts it in megan teriatory so that stupid

230hp but thats a tunned engine not desinged to run for 12k on the same oil etc.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I think there would be a market for a circa 18/19k one - it's only high spec Cooper S money, but it would have a 2.0 16v Turbo with 230bhp that remaps to 270bhp :p Granted it would be a limited numbers thing, but it would probably be cheaper for them to design and produce than the Mk1 V6 was....

Dan

An orange one
thats what i was getting at...

there will be no new V6...so wheres the mad hatches that renault are famous for??

and as dan says....if they can make a rear engined v6 and sell it for £27k...then they can easily whack a 2.0L turbo into the same space as the standard engine and sell it for £18kish

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Thought I'd ressurect this thread but go back to one of the original points... does anyone know exactly how much lighter the 197 cup is compared to the standard one?

Renault Clio 172
I know this is an old thread.... But now the cars have been out a while, what's people's thoughts on the Cup, or nine Cup cars?

I've just bought a none cup, to drive as my daily, before converting it in to my next racer. If I'm honest, not sure if I've done the right thing?

PH2 RS172
wow dude you shouldve just started a new thread lol. i was still in my 20s when this thread was made, now midway to 40 :-(

cups are basic as bread. i like them though and ive got a 172 cup. defo sharper on the road than my regular 172. will be stepping upto a 197 next year i think

Renault Clio 172
wow dude you shouldve just started a new thread lol. i was still in my 20s when this thread was made, now midway to 40 :-(

cups are basic as bread. i like them though and ive got a 172 cup. defo sharper on the road than my regular 172. will be stepping upto a 197 next year i think
Will yours be a cup though, or a non cup? My racing 172 is a cup, and it has no creature comforts:)