ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do know about this Clio Sport K4M?

Clio Sportway 2009
Hi everybody! I'm Rodrigo from Argentina. Been for a long time reading the forums but never participated.

I need some information about this model that it's not very common in UE. Here we have a version of the Clio Mk2 PhI called "Sport".
The differences between this "Sport" and the "Dynamique" (Mk2 PhII with K4M), apart from what we can see, are in the gearbox. The "Sport" has shorter relations in first and second gear.

This is the "Sport":
SPORT16.jpg

grfico1uc.jpg

img?s=MLA&f=84174858_7677.gif

p1010664c.jpg

What do know about this model? More differences with the others? Where was it made?

Hope you guys have some information! Thanks in advance.

Indeed is an RSi, has half leather seats, 1.6 16 valve engine, nicer steering wheel and were sold over here between 98 and 2000.

Iceberg 172
Basically a slower, cheaper to insure 172 isn't it???

Sporty styling / interior but with a lesser powered engine.

Clio Sportway 2009
It's correct that that Clio we are talking about was made in Turkey?

Here, the only RSi, is the Mk1 PhII, with 1.8 engine. It has similar characteristics with the Williams, but it's less "radical".

For example...

1002471hf6.jpg

1002472li6.jpg

1002473kz8.jpg

Clio Sportway 2009
Great Ahmed! Thanks for the offer...

I don't own an RSi (actually I own a Clio Sportway 1.6 16V 2009), but as a Renault fan I want to know any information that has nos arrived here or it's not clear.
In local forums we always have the same discussion, if it's a "Sport" or not. I support the idea that it's not a real Sport (because they were not produced by Renault Sport). In Argentina, this model was sold as a "Clio Sport 1.6 16V".
Do know where your RSi was made?

ITB'd MK1
Great Ahmed! Thanks for the offer...

I don't own an RSi (actually I own a Clio Sportway 1.6 16V 2009), but as a Renault fan I want to know any information that has nos arrived here or it's not clear.
In local forums we always have the same discussion, if it's a "Sport" or not. I support the idea that it's not a real Sport (because they were not produced by Renault Sport). In Argentina, this model was sold as a "Clio Sport 1.6 16V".
Do know where your RSi was made?

Well there's Renaultsport clios, and there's renault clio sports ;) different things entirely.

Clio Sportway 2009
Well there's Renaultsport clios, and there's renault clio sports ;) different things entirely.

Thanks Danny! This is what I'm trying to investigate.
So maybe the RSi that was sold here as a "Clio Sport 1.6 16V" it's not a marketing strategy from Renault Argenitna to sell us a "fake Clio RS"?

ITB'd MK1
I have a mk1 RSI.

To be honest it's just a niche filler, something sporty but more insurance friendly for younger drivers. We got 1.2 16v sports, and 1.4 8v sports. As far as i know the 1.6 was never called a sport here just RSI or SI