ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

did u get the colour u wanted . ?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted a flamer, and it didn't matter how many better condition icebergs (my second choice) I found, I kept coming back to the same flamer, although the fact it didn't have the standard rear badges was putting me off). But I saw past it and had to have it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
First clio wanted black ended up with a Pearl Black 172..

Current car i wanted an RB or LY ended up with an RB :)

Clio 197
Initially wanted RB but my current Titanium came up at a deal too good to turn down - SUBTLE is the word :)

RB182cup&golf gti
Wanted metallic blue but as I purchased a 182 cup I only had the choice of orange or solid blue. Went for solid blue and picked the car up on a dirty grey December day and it looked nothing like in the brochure, didn't particularly like it at the time but bloody love it now, 8 years on. RB is mint :) best colour IMO

clio 182 black /gold
I wanted a Black / Gold 182, This is the colour i ended up with as i ordered it new.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Wanted liquid yellow, but got sick of looking at s**t cars that were over priced with no belts done etc.

Didn't really want Arctic blue with it being the most common but really glad I got it now, didn't realise it was pearl until I saw it in the flesh and how nice it looks clean.

It had full history, plus belts done etc and they done me a great deal I came out the garage with money in my pocket and a years tax on Clio.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yup. Wanted ly... Or ag.

Got ly.

I wouldn't settle for anything other than what I wanted tbh. You'd always be thinking you're driving second best.

same reason I wouldn't buy a focus st... Although I like them, I'd always have "it's not an RS" In the back of my mind

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Yup. Wanted ly... Or ag.

Got ly.

I wouldn't settle for anything other than what I wanted tbh. You'd always be thinking you're driving second best.

same reason I wouldn't buy a focus st... Although I like them, I'd always have "it's not an RS" In the back of my mind

This!!

I always think the exact same example any time I see the ST's, they are nice looking cars and they do go but they're just not as nice as the RS's, my mate has an RS and they really are so much better!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I wanted any colour except silver! Wanted a yellow one for years. Bought a silver one lol. Sold it a year later and got a yellow one though :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Most definitely. And I had wanted another Red car for years.

Clio 4 :) 306GTI-6
Love red clips especially the V6 however just got myself an iceberg silver 172 which I'm going to name lettuce lol

RS172 Flamer
When buying second car (another Clio) I was looking for a Black 1.4 and ended up with a 'Gray' 1.6

Moving onto a Clio RS next month, hopefully, and I'm on the look out for a Silver one. (Although 172 Cups are appealing)

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I wanted Monaco blue, but now Ive got my turini's fitted I'm damn made up with Flame red.

My fave colour is Mondial or Racing Blue though wanted ABS/out of budget.

i wasnt fussed on them , thought they looked like a granny colour , but after i seen 1 on here a few days ago with anthracite turinis ive changed my mind and love them now ..
Thanks mate! :)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
i was ideally after a mondial blue 172 cup or a yellow 182, ended up with a silver 172, which only had red below it on my list!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I wanted an Inferno. Got one, crashed it. Only wanted another Inferno so spent another month finding that perfect one.

Well worth the wait.

Jap Box
Every clio hunt ive had has been simple, one that is not silver. First one was black, second was red, third was silver and in dog rough condition :(

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I just wanted a 182, never thought I'd get RB as my budget was slightly lower. Ended up with RB though!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered BG as at the time, I couldn't justify the extra £1.2k for Petrol Blue. Though I was really tempted! If I was to chuck extra money on the original order back in '04, I would have probably gone for the sat-nav.

D.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Really I wanted Racing Blue or Liquid Yellow... but I've now had 2 Titanium's lol. First I got because it had Recaro's, second one it was very local and very cheap!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
My 172 came in part exchange at work and so I had no real choice in having the Pearl Black, but both myself and my wife prefer black cars, although I do like Iceberg.
When looking for the 182 I quite fancied Liquid Yellow, but the wife didn't so looked at any colour, ideally not RB, Titanium or Arctic Silver...then stumbled across a Petrol Blue and I absolutely love it. Even more due to the rarity but I'm dubious of keeping it as I'll soon be using as a daily and so the mileage will jump massively.

F4RT'd R27
I only wanted a Racing Blue, but first it was a Black Gold. After a while I got the chance to purchase a RB and I did it. Very happy about it. Love this color.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I wasn't too fussed on colour, just didn't want silver.

Same as you. All I wanted was one that was hpi clear, had fairly low miles and good service history. I looked at a few silver ones but noticed colour a difference between the paint on the plastic wings and the paint on the doors.

Ended up with a black 172.....which was nice.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love a BG but only one that stayed clean...

i actually think arctic is one of the best colours. Wasnt too fussed on RB.

iceberg is the lowest maintenance.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Couldnt let myself get anything other than an Arctic Blue. I did, and i've been waiting the past 2 months to be able to drive it. Bloody insurance would be a grand more if I was under 21. So I waited it out ( until I turned 21 ) and I'll be able to drive it in a weeks time. Can't tell you how excited I am.