ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone looking for a new pot of Fusso Wax?

Also on the look out for a used pot of Britemax Vantage. Or swap.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

No on the fusso but if you are after some Vantage get on to Dom at ShopN'Shine, he is doing them for £25 at the moment. I bought one last week.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've just been loving it recently. It's so nice to use spreads just short of Glasur imo. I really need to test the durability better to give me a really good idea.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd say C2 was quicker, left a slicker feeling finish and lasted longer. Just use the same methods. 2 mf's and 15 minutes does a full car.
Sounds like C2 might have been a better shout now. Was a sealed 50ml sample bottle though and I didn't have a spray head on me for it which is why I just grabbed the TC. One thing though, how do you know when a sealant has cured properly? I always though it would haze a little but I never really saw it haze at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spray sealant are 99% wipe/spray on and wipe off really. TC may be slightly different but C2 reload and even V7 are on WOWO.

Understandable without a spray head mate. You want some Reload 14' to try Stu? I have a few small spray bottles around.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I've just been loving it recently. It's so nice to use spreads just short of Glasur imo. I really need to test the durability better to give me a really good idea.

I'm a big fan too, has a lovely feel for a budget wax.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe adds a bit if charm the cheaper style pot hence why the product is so we'll priced. BM don't make a bad product really.
I've really gone off AG HD again, I went through this before. It's become grabby by comparison to vantage and Finis wax. It's durability is still insane but i'm enjoying ease of use just now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Currently trialling britemax vantage side by side against megs ultimate paste wax, one front wing and half a bonnet each on the Mrs car. Panels were clayed, hand polish with P1 and IPA wipe down mid to end of December and both are still beading and sheeting well with megs removing more water quicker at the moment.

I like a lot of the britemax range so was considering buying vantage for a long time, but there's something about it that just can't quite sell it to me. I think it's the fact it's so hard and requires working on the pad, although it spreads effortlessly and removes just as easily

Can't make my mind up to purchase a full pot yet when I have the megs as a cheap and easy alternative

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Spray sealant are 99% wipe/spray on and wipe off really. TC may be slightly different but C2 reload and even V7 are on WOWO.

Understandable without a spray head mate. You want some Reload 14' to try Stu? I have a few small spray bottles around.
I could be doing with trying something like Reload on the dci actually, a little sample to try would be very helpful mate yeah!

Just with you mentioning it there, how did you rate the Fusso wax when you tried it btw? A mate of mine used it after polishing one of the most colossal bird s**t etchings (imagine birds learned how to carpet bomb...) out my brothers car back in I think July or August last year, and although the beading is gone now you can tell it's still holding up alright.

I don't see the point in long lasting waxes personally when you can use sealants instead but it doesn't seem to be far off it's claim of 12 month durability to me.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Maybe adds a bit if charm the cheaper style pot hence why the product is so we'll priced. BM don't make a bad product really.
I've really gone off AG HD again, I went through this before. It's become grabby by comparison to vantage and Finis wax. It's durability is still insane but i'm enjoying ease of use just now.

I have always found that with AG HD personally.. It's probably been a good 3 years since I last used it.

I do fancy going back to some old school products soon. I think I'm going to invest in some DJ bits, haven't used any of their stuff in ages!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If I had an Imperial Blue car or similar I'd have a pot of Purple Haze, I love the stuff. It was my first real cool wax. 476, Autosmart and HD before that. Still remember using it for the first time, felt like it transformed the paint.

I need an Frp to stick 7 layers on it! :eek:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I do fancy going back to some old school products soon. I think I'm going to invest in some DJ bits, haven't used any of their stuff in ages!
I bought some Jetseal last week. It was the first sealant I ever used so I'm looking forward to another go with it :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ah, to add to the mix, I recently bought some lime prime, purple haze and blue velvet panel pots to retry after not using them since I first started out

So, the britemax or dodojuice combos? Which do you prefer?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, to add to the mix, I recently bought some lime prime, purple haze and blue velvet panel pots to retry after not using them since I first started out

So, the britemax or dodojuice combos? Which do you prefer?
Hmmm dodo have better prep products imo. I like britemax spray detailer. Shampoo is awesome. Grime out is great.

Both have their pluses. I actually don't think there is one range I could live with....

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Agreed I like the britemax pre prep range, but for this argument lets keep it to say britemax AIO, blackmax and vantage against DDJ need for speed, lime prime and purple haze

I'm already a firm believer in grime out, clean max and spray and shine. Products I'd always be happy to buy again

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ohhhhh! Probably DJ for the prep and finish with vantage unless imperial Blue. :eek:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Any of you lot used Primo Amigo with a Wax/sealant before?

I'm tempted to try a wax on my brothers ST and the Megane soon just for a change to the usual sealants but have no idea what to go for. TBH i much prefer sealants so something that i can get in a small size would be idea, Unless one of you generous chaps has anything kicking about...;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Anyone tried any of the sonax range other than BSD? i4detailing will be stocking the majority of the range and as they're my preferred retailer I fancy trying more of their products.

@Kyle 86 won me over with their turbo detailer. Polymer net shield although being a bit naf to apply is a great performer. BSD mixed with other products like CG V7 or C2 removes the poor application and improves slickness. Full effect wheel cleaner didn't really wow me over general wheel cleaners.

What are people's thoughts on them

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Retarded question of the day...

I normally apply rejuvenate then desire. If I wanted to apply tough coat is it just a case of applying it after rejuvenate instead of desire or is rejuvenate the wrong product?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Toughcoat works fine over rejuvenate. I couldn't personally see any difference in performance when applied over tough prep instead of rejuvenate

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
What pads are people using these days and recommend?

Got a DAS6 and my current pads are needing replaced. Be looking at a couple of finishing and probably a couple of polishing pads if needed.

Used with Menzerna compounds if that makes a difference.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Desire has far better durability than toughcoat. But when toughcoat is as quick and easy to use as a QD you could just keep adding layers after a general maintenance wash provided the panels still come up clean

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Desire has far better durability than toughcoat. But when toughcoat is as quick and easy to use as a QD you could just keep adding layers after a general maintenance wash provided the panels still come up clean

I presume the finish of desire is better than tough coat or are they relatively similar?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member

How did you find the Fusso?

Just seen how cheap it is but all the hype it got by pretty much every man and his dog who was a "detailer" put me right off it.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
What pads are people using these days and recommend?

Got a DAS6 and my current pads are needing replaced. Be looking at a couple of finishing and probably a couple of polishing pads if needed.

Used with Menzerna compounds if that makes a difference.

I use LC or CG Hex pads usually, although of late I have been using KochChemie pads and compounds quite a bit.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How did you find the Fusso?

Just seen how cheap it is but all the hype it got by pretty much every man and his dog who was a "detailer" put me right off it.
It's good and withstood G101 diluted hits which impressed. The tub etc is awesome. Really quirky. I just have a few waxes and sealants to use up.

e49a02d00106f846f361ac33f271acee.jpg

Discount for members. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What was application like?
Nice. Spreads well, not quite as soft oily as some but goes far on not much, plenty of removal time with thin layers although best to follow instructions by the letter according to the makers.