ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Can we do mine whilst we're there?

.Luke. put HD wax on mine the other day, paint feels lovely and is really maintaining a good shine, maybe this detailing lark is half decent....

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

.Luke. put HD wax on mine the other day, paint feels lovely and is really maintaining a good shine, maybe this detailing lark is half decent....

Hi! Was well impressed with how it came out on silver tbf.

Mine needs a good going over before CSS. In fact, it needs to be put back together first, lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

AG HD is very good mate. Will last a very long time. :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yep, I've had the same tub for two years now, lol! For a budget wax, it's great imo.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My ag hd wax arrived today along with the other stuff I ordered. I have some left over ag extra gloss protection so what one do I finish off with after I apply the poorboys black hole?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother with EGP mate. Blackhole then AG HD 2x panels at a time depending on heat and conditions.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, happy to help when I can. The 182 will look superb.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I hope so. Hopefully the black hole will hide the swirl marks and stone chips a bit!!

Wgen you say 2x panels do you mean with both black hole and ag hd or black hole the whole car first then finish off doing 2 panels a time with ag hd?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I think he's referring to the application of hd wax. Apply to 2 panels, buff the first panel and apply to a third, buff the second panel then apply to the forth and so on. That way you leave it to cure for a couple of minutes but not too long

It can be awkward to remove if left too long, used to much or used in high temps. Get it right and I found 2layers give 6months durability. Great wax for the money in all round performance, would be a winner if it were a fraction easier to use

Chaps, quick Q:

After you've washed the car, whats the best way to clean all the dried water marks off the windows?

I would normally use RainX as it's easy to use, and doesnt streak at all. But I've got G1 on at the moment, so I dont really want to be applying that on top.

(this is assuming you're not doing a full detail....putting more products on etc....this is just a quick wash of the car)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Simply glass cleaner will be fine mate or a quick detailer. Leave a nice clean finish. Usually drying is enough.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah a QD.

I try not to let the car dry after i've washed it, then go round with a QD as a drying aid and a wooly mammoth.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
With G1, simply open hose sheeting after rinsing will reduce the worst, but I found the only use for my aqua blade on using on glass immediately after rinsing as it does a good job and nothing to scratch!

If you do struggle with spotting still then mist a MF with a glass cleaner and give it a wipe over

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was just having a hassle with MF's dragging on Glass recently and couldn't figure out what it was, one minute they are fine the next they drag. Ordered a Merkin so see how that goes!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yet more bird etching on the bonnet today FFS. It went through C1+! I am not impress.

Does the sun/heat make it happen quicker?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yet more bird etching on the bonnet today FFS. It went through C1+! I am not impress.

Does the sun/heat make it happen quicker?

I saw a thread on DW about the same issue, would have thought C1+ would prevent it!

Funny stuff is C1.

Ive got it on a Six series and its covered in water spots now that i cannot remove.

Had the same thing even after I told the guy the new C1 was crap. Came up with tiny little rings from poor rain.

There was a bad batch early on also. Contact GT because i'm sure they'll be interested. I had to Polish the full car again and apply old C1 to make sure it was right.

I certainly wouldn't recommend new C1 to anyone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get the new Cquartz Uk when it's released. Much easier to apply etc. Can be layered and proper hard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather Finest but there is only one guy in Britain certified to apply it, Gordon at Defined Details. Has some mental chemicals in it. I forget the name of the one that affects the respiratory system. Needs full gear on to apply.

Very impressive stuff though.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Trichloroethylene?

The ething isnt as bad on inspection after a wash, I am now suffering with this spotting issue though :/ odd.

Thought I better throw some wax on there to help prevent it getting worse; my Hybrid Homebrew seems to work well :D

DSC00947.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Considering that i have mega arches, i have decided to give them a good going over and sort them out..

G101 with hot water to degrease
Various brushes to clean
FK or other long lasting wax (need to sort some out)

What would be suggested for the plastics that will last a while if cleaned weekly?

I'd rather Finest but there is only one guy in Britain certified to apply it, Gordon at Defined Details. Has some mental chemicals in it. I forget the name of the one that affects the respiratory system. Needs full gear on to apply.

Very impressive stuff though.

What's the most dangerous product on the market then?

I'm sure Autosmart do something that will dissolve bones!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Their Aluminum brightener is pretty dangerous I would say. Not sure on the chemicals but much worse than g101.

I'll find out what the Finest chemical is, it's kinda the reason why it's so good so to speak.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tardis... what's the crack?

Spray it on neat?

Just use a generic plastic sprayer I guess... does it stretch far like ironx when the paint is still moist or does it need a lot?

Also anything to worry about like melting rubber or something?!

Cheers :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It won't melt anything. Buy a chemical resistant head or clan it out with water after use. :)

It goes pretty far spray it neat on a wet-ish car and leave it to work a little then use one of these sprayed with some tardis... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/blue-perl-microfibre-applicator-pads-pkg/2/prod_186.html It works so much better than an MF. :)

I always do 2 hits with Tardis before claying.

Be careful in humid weather because it will dry out very quick so if it's nice outside make sure the car is very wet.