ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Quick questions from a newbie:

-Is Autoglym BSC wax/polish safe ?
-I've clayed my car yesterday (the result was mind blowing!), how often should I clay ?
-I've currently got SRP and some nattys blue on my car at the moment, I guess I just need to wash with shampoo then QD when my car gets dirty again ? (For a few months until it needs waxing/polishing I guess)

Thanks!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ok been hitting the car with the prima amigo and z2 for the last couple of days.

WOW! Amigo what and amazon product. Leaves the paint so smooth, and then z2! Shocked that I never used it before! It smells do good!

Quick picture after a second coat of z2 on the roof 24hrs after the first.

3b04e0ca.jpg

Stunning mate! Really chuffed the combo worked for you!

Have you tried Tough coat on it yet?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I need to think about some CS prep this week. Cba with any correction work though.

Guess I'll just do cleanse/protect routine. Stuck on what combo to go for though :/

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just give it a good decon, no claying, Amigo then Lsp! Jobs a good un!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
2 at most imo. It takes such little time to do. What Lsp's do you have and when will it be applied?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Any time upto and including the night before CSS

C1+
C1.5
AF tough coat
Jet seal
Fk1000
Z8
Red mist

Prime strong
Jett carnauba/glos
Amigo
DJ SN/BV
Bouncers
Glasur
Vics red
AG HD

Probably more knocking around. Fickle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On a show car it would be Amigo and 2 layers of vics for me. Possibly Glasur.

Although the Frp was 95% corrected last year for CSS it had a coat of Amigo and Vics Red the day before CSS and looked at it's best.

Toughy.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Possible daft question...can Amigo be applied by hand? Tempted by some, followed by some AG HD as an LSP before CSS.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does putting Z2 on top of amigo work then? Do they not conflict?

Not at all mate. Glazes can sometimes be fussy but Amigo's make-up lend it to any non nano LSP, was sealant etc. Have a look at the sticky at the top of the page.

Possible daft question...can Amigo be applied by hand? Tempted by some, followed by some AG HD as an LSP before CSS.

Yeah mate, works just fine, better via DA but still works nice.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Will get some ordered tonight then, cheers Kev. Did a bit of a prep Saturday, but fancy some finishing touches.

Kevin, wheels. Minging. Talk to me x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. What have you actually got? An EZ brush is a must shirley!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Only AG stuff, as halfords is 2 minutes away and I'm lazy/impatient :eek:

EZ brush? I have loads of brushes, but don't give them names, lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They have simonizz wheel cleaners and shiz at Tesco and Asda. You're kinda limited, shouldn't be too hard to clean though. Halfrauds should sell AG wheel cleaner, not sure if it's safe or any good though! :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm just about to order Amigo from cleanyourcar, so go!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
AF Imperial or Chemical guys Diablo, EZ Detail brush and a valet pro small Black brush. That's a great combo. Not cheap mind and you might not even care but hey! :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z6 pwns mate. Much nicer and user friendly. I was never a fan of finale or the other one they had.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers mate, will take a look.

EDIT: Found. Cheaper too. Added to basket :)

GTD, Lupo
Stunning mate! Really chuffed the combo worked for you!

Have you tried Tough coat on it yet?

TC on top of the z2? Only problem is I don't have any TC. Is there anything else I can put on top? I have Dodo light fantastic, c1.5, workstat acrylic jett, fp1000 and a few other bits. I'm going to keep going with the z2 for now as I guess once you add another product you cant add anymore z2.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not mate, just TC on it's own lsp wise. It's just the same as Acrylic really, similar idea same sort of finish.

You can top Z2 with Jett between washes, keeps boosting the finish, if you don't have time just leave Z2 doing it's thing. Did you see how far a small amount spread?

GTD, Lupo
Not mate, just TC on it's own lsp wise. It's just the same as Acrylic really, similar idea same sort of finish.

You can top Z2 with Jett between washes, keeps boosting the finish, if you don't have time just leave Z2 doing it's thing. Did you see how far a small amount spread?

Yeah i watched the Zaino video on youtube before applying it. Amazed with the finish and how little is needed. Hopefully i should get the front end of the car done today then just all the trim to dress. Then hopefully just a quick wash down and a dry on friday and im all ready for saturday.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent mate, i'll be making a beeline for it! :eek: You knows I love it!

Oh I hate dressing trim! It's a shitty job! Tyres I don't mind!

GTD, Lupo
Excellent mate, i'll be making a beeline for it! :eek: You knows I love it!

Oh I hate dressing trim! It's a s**tty job! Tyres I don't mind!

Just dont look at the front end, my car guard is marked pretty badly and i some how managed to jet wash a hole in it! :eek: Plus it looks a little 4x4 looking as i put spacers on but couldn't get it booked in on time for springs.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
On a show car it would be Amigo and 2 layers of vics for me. Possibly Glasur.

Although the Frp was 95% corrected last year for CSS it had a coat of Amigo and Vics Red the day before CSS and looked at it's best.

Toughy.

Cheers, I was thinking along the same lines. I wanted some BOS ideally.

I may throw a couple of layers of jett c in the middle for some warmth.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
right, holding off an order, but......

rejuvenate or tough prep? I've still got the tripple and P21's in my collection

Russ used the snow soap and needed to use standard ironx spray after IIRC. Had pictures in one of his detail threads recently

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I don't think he would have used the soap gel through a lance, but will have a search.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...l!!&p=8784186&highlight=Snow+soap#post8784186

the one pictured in your link is actually soap gel despite it listed as snow soap

I have and use both. I reguarly use the soap gel for intermediate details, then the spray for full details, as the gel works slower and not quite as affective as the sprays, but you use so much less than the spray it is more economical even if you need to reapply it.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see the advantage of it at all and never heard great things. Spray only for me.

Rejuvenate or Tough Prep... with you having Tripple for fillers maybe tough prep would be better Dave? Very good cleaning ability and better for applying sealants to, although Rejuvenate is fine in my experience.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite a scam just not the original Celeste. Weird thread.