ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

2004 clio 182 cup
20160115_125951_zpss3dca0qu.jpg

Will do a writeup later. Pretty fun day none the less :D
[emoji85][emoji85] noo that's not good

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
f**k me it looks a write off in the pic! [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]
Please tell.....
It does look bad doesn't it!

So basically I have 20mm wheel spacers that are non bolt to hub type. They use longer nuts. I'd tightened them all up the other night but I think due to their length they're always gonna come loose. Had the same problem at Blyton Park. I need some studs in my life I've decided today.

Anyway here's the vid when it happened. I'm going to make a proper video when I'm back home as I'm at my parents house now and their media set up resembles something from the victorian era

And here's a little sideways action haha

Screenshot_2016-01-15-19-53-24_zpsxf8mwdle.png

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
s**t mate. See you at the side of the track and was gutted for you mate. Hope you get it sorted and thank f'ck you weren't going faster. Good luck fella

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
No way @dann2707 what you needing to replace? Wing definitely but is there any other damage?

Ideally a new hub too as when it went the nuts took out a few of the threads. Managed to re-tap them at the paddock though very sketchily but it worked a treat.

Also lost a fair few wheel weights and a wheel nut gayyyyyyyyyy

Oh and reverse is a no go at the moment when I spun off the track the soil /dirt has hit my linkage out of place but that will be easily sorted tomorrow.
Hubcentric just means it doesent rattle around between the wheel and hub like a dick in a bucket!

Feel for you Dan, I'm sure you will get it all sorted in no time!

Dick in a bucket hahaha sounds like my Internet history

Cheers mate!

Stanced!

Unlucky though 😧. No doubt you'll get it back on form in no time.

Tomorrow is the plan. Thanks dude
s**t mate. See you at the side of the track and was gutted for you mate. Hope you get it sorted and thank f'ck you weren't going faster. Good luck fella

Yeah it was a right b*****d and really put a downer on the day but I'm home and had fun overall. It was great to meet you and hope you got home safely after your long journey.

Weight reduction taken a little too far!

But yeah like on facey, glad you got her sorted and back out on track so shortly!

Cheers Joe! Yeah I'm planning on doing the other side next month :p

I had to run the broken side without a wheel spacer due to losing a wheel nut on track which was the dodgiest thing ever. Completely threw the handling out. When I braked it would throw the car right and even on certain corners I didn't even have to turn the wheel to steer into it I just braked. I think that's maybe what led me to spin a few times after that. It was all a great learning curve.

And I want to say a massive thanks to @Bunta @NickMelson and @Matty1303 for when it all went tits up they were straight there to help me get sorted. Massively appreciate it!

Cheers for your kind words on here too people, really good that you have faith in me to get it sorted :p

Renault Clio 172
Shame about the wheel mate hopefully just hub and wing to get it sorted, was a good day though even though the ice delayed it abit

BG Clio 182
Damn ! Is this why people advise against running spacers on tracked cars ?
Kind of. It's mainly the fact his spacers weren't bolt to hub mate. If you imagine how your wheel normally attaches, he has extra long bolts taking the entire strain instead of one's that bolt into the hub and then int the spacer. Run these if you want to be safer.

Clio 197
Kind of. It's mainly the fact his spacers weren't bolt to hub mate. If you imagine how your wheel normally attaches, he has extra long bolts taking the entire strain instead of one's that bolt into the hub and then int the spacer. Run these if you want to be safer.
I see , cheers for clearing that up.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 I have some 54mm spaced hubs you can have for the price of postage (£10er), complete with ABS sensor, but they'll need new bearings. Or even just the one.

Hope everything's OK with the car, shat my pants when I saw the pic before the explanation!
Cheers Harry that would be great, I've got an snr bearing here ready for when one of mine failed so that would work out well.

Thanks mate I appreciate it. Will pm you later!

Can't stop watching the slidy videos when I went back out, scary moments haha

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well that escalated

Guys it's my birthday next week, do I treat myself to some lovely 15" wheels and decent tyres? Orrrrr some bucket seats, subframes and remove the back seats
Haha just been looking through this thread to find out when I last changed my oil and saw this...

Ended up doing both!

Today I'm getting the car cleaned as it's incredibly filthy. Going to a car cleaning place though as it's too cold. I'm then changing the oil and filter as I last did it in may and I've done two tracks as since.

Then @Matty1303 is coming around to help me fit the sun strip. A little later than intended but there was a delay in the post. Will get plenty o piccys

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Oh haha that was before my time :wink:

I think you know full well where it is!! Sophie was following me back to mine from Pizza Express at the time of lift off and she sent me a snapchat this morning of a bit of it on her windscreen hahahah.

It lasted all of 4 hours guys, the M62 took it. I blame the cold weather and it not adhering as a result of that. Looked great for 4 hours

I've ordered some MAPS motorsport studs and nuts on the way for a price of £55 delivered @Dr Jekyll did you run these?

I've got custom length ones front and rear too due to technically having no spacers on the rear but my 20mm ones upfront.

Last edited: