ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTCRC pre 05 race car build #claudetheclio

Nice car you have there and some great parts and photos. :smile:

Did you spray the cage white or did you have it supplied like that as it looks black in the photos of it when freshly delivered?

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It came satin black from safety devices (via mark fish) then I had it blasted and powdercoated gloss white, it was the only colour it was ever going to be!

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Update time!

image37.jpg

Battery mounted, ECU relocated, Ph1 airbox fitted, going to knock up some cold air feeds after Bedford next Friday, can't be bothered now, it's too late to organise some pipes.

You can also see the Magnecor leads in that picture.

Fitted a genuine Renault radio blank too but can't get the picture uploaded, removed the stereo control stalk and fitted a genuine blank to the column surround too, as well as removing the front door speakers.

I've also now got 2 narrow seats fitted after losing a bit of weight.

RS Tuner is coming on Monday, messed up a little and ordered one with the wrong map so I need to download the correct one before I plug it into the car.

and finally I've got 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s coming for use with the black wheels, mainly for the road but also as emergency 'wet' alternatives to the Nankangs.

Massive thanks to Scot at CS Motors in Northampton, he's pretty much built the car from start to finish, in between sorting his Corsa out and building a proper budget 172, no way it would have been done without his help with everything!

This is looking good mate.

How much was the radio stalk blank from Renault if you don't mind me asking? Was looking for something like that as my stereo controls haven't worked since I got the car 4 years ago!

Also, the Corbeau Clubsports. What sort of waist size/height are you? I'm looking at them myself and not sure which ones to go for

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I searched the part number on Google and it was the first link, £2.28 I think. 8200 050 034 is the part number.

The seats are quite wide, I'm 6'2 and size 36 waist (at the moment...) and they're not tight tight, just snug.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Got the RS Tuner map loaded the other day, I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much from it but it's actually improved the car no end, the throttle response seems better and it's definitely torquier low down too.

So, with that in hand, I drove to Bedford yesterday for the trackday which me and a load of mates had booked... got within about 5 miles and the snow was looking pretty bad, the mrs rang up and checked to see if it was still on but no, it was cancelled. A minor inconvenience for me and her, bigger problem for one of the lads who was at Corley services, after having driven from Liverpool!

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I've finally driven the car on track!

Every other time it's been the wife but this time, me, my mate and his boss went to Bedford.

The car is awesome, I'm so happy with it, just need to learn to drive it properly now.

Few little things which need addressing, I had a power steering fluid eruption, so I need a cooler on that, the brakes overheat pretty quickly, think I'm going to knock up some ducting/deflectors to get some air to them.

Also, the front springs are too soft, when you turn in hard the front pitches down and skips across the road as it rides on the bumpstops.

So much fun though!

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Yeah both seats are now the standard (narrow) width. There's a harness mounting point on top of the 'transmission' tunnel which I had welded in, then an eyelet screws into it and the harnesses clip on to that.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

Got a few pics from Bedford from August the 1st, definitely need stiffer front springs!

Fitted some of the eBay brake ducts which seem bang on, fit is decent and they look better than without fog lights.

The car is currently with JC Weldfab having the exhaust fixed, plus some other little bits and pieces.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
image21.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

Gearbox has been collected by the local gearbox company to be inspected and have anything which is worn replaced.
I'm seeing a guy on Thursday about a roll cage, getting some prices and seeing what he can do for me.
Still need to find a decent clutch, got a Black Diamond one on my desk and a Valeo (standard) one but I'm trying to get a price on a Helix one or a Sachs motorsport one too before I decide.
QDRIVE?? OUCH

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
The power steering pump? It's got a years warranty on it, was dirt cheap as I work for ECP and its been absolutely fine so far.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
So the car is currently at JC Weldfab in Wellingborough having a power steering cooler fitted, the exhaust altered to remove the awful flange setup on the manifold which keeps blowing.

I'm also having them make me some funky brake ducts out of aluminium, pics to follow.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
So the car is currently at JC Weldfab in Wellingborough having a power steering cooler fitted, the exhaust altered to remove the awful flange setup on the manifold which keeps blowing.

I'm also having them make me some funky brake ducts out of aluminium, pics to follow.

I'm liking the sound of the power steering cooler. I take it its to stop the fluid from boiling on trackdays ? Got any pictures ?

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It's the room behind the spokes I'm concerned about but there's only one way to find out! (When this weather improves)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's the room behind the spokes I'm concerned about but there's only one way to find out! (When this weather improves)
Well they look like they've got the same or more of an offset on the disc bell than the oe disc, so I'd be reasonably confident they'll fit fine.
I know the Meg brembos fit behind the team dynamics on 280's with a small spacer.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Mocked one up behind a wheel the other day and they do fit so it's game on!

They're currently back with JC Weldfab to have some new bells made up with the right PCD and centre bore, then the brackets will be made up and they'll be on

BG182 + M3
Wow this is perfection! Exactly what i want to do to my future RB, a long shot i know but if you're considering selling in the near future please let me know.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
No more updates yet, waiting on new bells for the discs.

Bought the car from Dunmow in Essex