ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTCRC pre 05 race car build #claudetheclio

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Not really a build thread this as the car is basically all done, only a cage, ported inlets and maybe some Wilwoods in the future.

Picked it up like this -

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

Gave it a quick service then set about getting the stripes off. Nightmare job, took about 3 hours!

image11.jpg

image16.jpg

CLIO_010.jpg

Stripped the rear of the car

CLIO_006.jpg

Swapped the steering wheel for an OMP suede one

CLIO_017.jpg

Then got a load of bits ordered, bargain bucket seats (£300 for the pair)

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

Bargain Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s (£220 brand new)

CLIO_004.jpg

CLIO_019.jpg

Six point TRS harnesses

CLIO_018.jpg

Vibra Technics engine mounts and a Powerflex dogbone mount

CLIO_007.jpg

Ferodo DS2500 pads

CLIO_025.jpg

S2000 aerial

CLIO_005.jpg

Nankang NS2-R 195/50 15 tyres

CLIO_009.jpg

Kam Racing solid top mounts

CLIO_027.jpg

Got some Spax RSX coilovers coming tomorrow

So it's all being put together as we speak, ready for the wife to do Croft next weekend!

Seats are in tonight, will all be in one piece by the end of next week ready to use.

image17.jpg

image18.jpg

So the spec so far -

Pipercross panel filter
Samco induction hose
Vibra Technics engine mounts
Powerflex dogbone mount
KTec cat back exhaust
15" Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2s
195/50 15 Nankang NS2-Rs
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
DOT 5.1 brake fluid
Goodridge braided brake hoses
Spax RSX coilovers
Kam Racing top mounts
OMP steering wheel and boss
Corbeau Club Sport bucket seats
TRS New Pro 6 point harnesses

I'll update this thread with coilover pics tomorrow and a load of trackday pictures after Croft, if it's still in one piece!

Looks like you've got this sorted! Should have a right load of fun with that combination

Those corbeau seats are a right steal at the moment, especially with runners. I've found it pretty hard to find reviews on the seats.

How do you find them?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
anybody actually sat in these seats? they look decent and you can get a pair for less than 1 corbeau revolution which was what i was going to order on monday.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Some good progress so far mate. Car looks smart.

Where did you get the TD 1.2s so cheap? Wouldn't mind a set myself at that price!!

Also, desperately need to change my aerial, what does that S2000 one look like fitted mate?

the wheels were from eBay, got lucky with them due to a spelling mistake.

the aerial looks good but is terrible, the radio will not work!

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Perfect thanks, what size did you go for? Ive read they are quite a snug fit.

anybody actually sat in these seats? they look decent and you can get a pair for less than 1 corbeau revolution which was what i was going to order on monday.

I'm 6'2" and 17 and a bit stone, I went for the XL ones, they're fine. No idea what the normal width are like I'm afraid

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Good progress indeed. Looks great.

Whereabouts in Northampton are you? I was born there, and my family are all still up there, so you may see the flamer round those parts at some point :)

I am and I'm not, I work here but I live down the road.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Looks great, really love this colour. Also liking the upgrades you've gone for, you've certainly not hung about!

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Dogbone mount fitted

image20.jpg

Also got a picture of the Samco inlet hose

IMG_2446.jpg

Then set about helping get the suspension on

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Old leaky stuff

IMG_2450.jpg

and on the floor with the wheels on (after the wife sealed them with Carbon Collective wheel sealer)

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

So all that's left now is to get the front pads in, with new discs, need to replace the rears too as they're dead. Need to replace an ABS sensor as it's snagged on something before and there's wire hanging out, CV boots need new grease and new clips, engine mounts need fitting and water pump needs doing, with new aux belt, braided hoses and brake fluid need doing, also need to fit a new front lambda sensor. The seats need finishing off and the harnesses need fitting, then geometry and it's done and ready.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Yeah, it's getting a cage at some point in the future, when I've found a reasonably priced 6 point. The cage will be white and I think at that point the stripes will go back on, not sure though.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I'm not fitting thrm myself but I'll put some pics up when I get some. They're light, I'd say the whole assembly with the runner weighs 10kg ish.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
So, I went and bought a couple of bolts from Renault...
CLIO_028.jpg

To replace the lower shock bolts and the ball joint pinch bolt
CLIO_029.jpg

CLIO_030.jpg

You'll also notice in the pics that the CV boots have been replaced, the Goodridge hoses are fitted, the disc and pads have been done and the ABS sensor has been replaced because this happened
CLIO_031.jpg

Just a few bits left to do now, like get the seats mounted in their final positions then off for geometry it goes before going up to Croft on Friday morning!

Really nice seats mate.

I'm in the process of ordering some new bolts now for mine.

Out of interest why did you replace the pinch bolt if the ball joint is the same?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Good progress indeed. Looks great.

Whereabouts in Northampton are you? I was born there, and my family are all still up there, so you may see the flamer round those parts at some point :)

Hey you should pop by one day haha know how much you would like to give me a big bear hug ;).

Nice to see another RB in Northampton, very rarely see any tbh let alone RB :). Looks like a good little project.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Nearly done, water pump needed doing which by the looks of it was a nightmare job involving basically taking the engine out of the car!

WATERPUMP_002.jpg

WATERPUMP_004.jpg

WATERPUMP_003.jpg

WATERPUMP_001.jpg

WATERPUMP_006.jpg

Brake fluid has been done too, judging by this it was a good thing we've had it done

WATERPUMP_005.jpg

and Claude (blame the Mrs) can see again, as the headlights no longer have cataracts.

headlight.jpg

Geometry tomorrow morning and then off to Croft.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It's all done!

Got a picture of the vibratechnics mount fitted (can't see the other one but it is fitted!)

SEATS_002.jpg

Had to replace the brake fluid cap, for some reason, after bleeding the brakes, the warning light was on.

SEATS_001.jpg

Then we got the seats in, as I don't intend to put the car back to standard at any point, this was the easiest solution, got some bars welded in with captive nuts for the seat rails to mount to, also welded the plate for harness eyelets to screw into, then got the seats in for the final time.

SEATS_003.jpg

SEATS_004.jpg

SEATS_005.jpg

SEATS_006.jpg

Also replaced the wheelnuts with some with a smaller hex on them and ditched the locker as it was tight on the wheel and I didn't want to damage them.

SEATS_007.jpg

Had to remove the fitting shims from the calipers too as the pads were binding but with them off there's no trouble, hopefully they'll be fine when they are red hot and I don't need to grind the ends of the pad down too.

It's round at Jamsport having the geometry done now and the Mrs is going to give it a good clean and polish before heading up to Croft.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Timescale! I will do when this track day is done in preparation for the cage and then it'll get a lick of paint inside too.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
So the Mrs did 2 full days at Croft a couple of weeks back, absolutely loved it and the car was spot on with no issues, not bad for a 'shakedown'

Having the geo done

croft_002.jpg

This was when the weather was 'good' on the Saturday

IMG_2558.jpg

and here's what it was like on the Sunday!

croft_006.jpg

croft_007.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Beating a Noble :0

IMG_2537.jpg

In the paddock

IMG_2509.jpg

State of the brand new wheels just when she got back!

croft_005.jpg

and the tyres

croft_004.jpg

croft_003.jpg

Got another day booked in July at Donington Grand Prix circuit so it needs oil and filter beforehand

Cup In bits
Nice project, like it when everything's done at once. Have you got a link to the seats please, I have revolutions but I'm tempted to go for non winged seats so I can get them right back (I'm 6'2")