ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis Revisited

Just started playing Crysis again on mine, ace game.

End.

I'm considering playing through both of them again on a tougher setting to spice things up. Fantastic environments to play in and do whatever you want. The nanosuit is not only incredibly cool - it's also crucial to making satisfying progress. "Cloak...engaged" - creep up on him, grab him "maximum strength"...then throw the cnut off a cliff. Awesome stuff TBH. With the nanosuit control on the middle mosue button click, it's fluid and seamless switching abilities and using the suit to full effect in any given situation.

Mike, have you played through Warhead? I may have missed that somewhere but, if you haven't then you should. It's Crysis on steroids. Physco is a great character to play as. Funny and charismatic. Superb cut scenes too, which were missing in Crysis. It also looks even better than the original, and the final battle is nothing short of spectacular, if incredibly system intensive. When the credits rolled, my PC said "FFS Roy, you're a cnut sometimes :mad:"

Better than yours. C*nt.
Done Warhead, and it nearly cooked my overclocked 8800GTX. New system build is in order, but I'm considering waiting until the new Crysis is out to spec it (CryENGINE 3 was announced lately). Temps were up to 100 degrees on the GPU, CPU was holding it's own.

Agreed on Nanosuit - also, G15 keyboard helps a little IMO. Although throwing them off a cliff is so yesterday - try cloak, strength jump and popping a few shots out in midair. Incredibly hard to master, but oh so cool. Very intro-video-esque.

I'm cool.

Oh, and I <3 big gun at the end of Warhead. F'ucking ace. So much better than that targetted tactical nuke piece of s**t in the first one.

Yeah the BFG at the end is immense. I love how Physco says "now we're in business" when you grab it in the middle of the firefight when you're about to be over run. BOOM - fizzzzzzzz BOOM fizzzzzzzz How dy'a like those apples!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Hmm. Tank level in the original is very 'token vehicle-based level', but not too bad. Much rather toss about in the suit.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I bought Crysis: maximum edition on Friday, just completed Crysis, gonna install Warhead tomorrow, also has Crysis wars with it, some multiplay shizzle, probably pap though.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Finished Warhead just now, epic expansion but its left me wanting more. I hope the story carries on in the epic way its gone instead of just in the next game we EMP the entire island and they all die, the end. They should invade the US and fight round Washington DC, i haven't been in the whitehouse since the Duke Nukem days.

Evo 8 MR
I've just finished Warhead too and I must say the gameplay is much more intense than that of Crysis. The dual wield SMG's add a lot more fun to close quarters gunfights, bring on the next one please.

Also I thought with CryEngine2 being an awesome engine that other developers would be making their games with it, is this correct, if so where are they?

I expected a mass horde of games coming out after Crysis that all use the same engine.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I didn't like the dual SMG's, the recoil on them was too severe i thought.

Just as a question why the hell is this thread in console gaming when this game is far too epic to ever be dragged down to the level of a primitive console gaming device?

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just as a question why the hell is this thread in console gaming when this game is far too epic to ever be dragged down to the level of a primitive console gaming device?

You've just earned yourself 99+ points of WIN, right there! :cool:

Join me and the Royston. I've started looking farther afield for my PC game posts now. Bit gutted I haven't seen one in the 'Suspension and Brakes' section yet, though....

Does CS require a moderator just purely for this section? I'll take on that role!

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
It is a bit daft really, IIRC this thread was originally in the PC section was it not before some clown decided to insult the epicness of Crysis and stick it in the Console gaming section?

Whoever is guilty of this crime should be burnt in a skip full of burnt out 360's tbh.

Nah it was started when the forum was simply 'gaming' and wasn't moved across to the new pc gaming forum, i'm sure if someone asks a mod nicely they would move it!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nah it was started when the forum was simply 'gaming' and wasn't moved across to the new pc gaming forum, i'm sure if someone asks a mod nicely they would move it!

Doubt it m8. I've asked before! :cool:

Just raised a new thread on Battlestations Pacific. I put it under PC Gaming as that's what I played it on. But its also available for the 360. If I had one of those, should I have put into Console Gaming?

D.

Dazzle, all that will happen is another thread will appear in the console forum. It's all been discussed before and it was decided by admin that it is logical to have two threads discussing the exact same game. As retarded as the logic is, that's how it's going to stay.

However, there is no reason at all for this thread to be in the console gimps forum. It needs moving...

Last edited:
Well, whilst waiting for the shops to open, I thought I'd have a little play, and grab some screen caps from Warhead. It's such an awesome game that it deserves as many as possible. Unfortunately I can't realistically use 4xAA, and they're jpegs so look a little ropey when viewed full size. Epic game. I need Crysis 2. Now. I may add some more caps later if any of the PC gimps are interested. Please add your own if you have any :eek:

crysis2009051710002466.jpg

crysis2009051709595801.jpg

crysis2009051709564276.jpg

crysis2009051709562259.jpg

crysis2009051709525741.jpg

crysis2009051709504454.jpg

crysis2009051709502419.jpg

crysis2009051709465667.jpg

crysis2009051709562259.jpg

crysis2009051709502419.jpg

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Those screenshots right there are proof that this thread does not belong here, no console could ever handle that level of awesomeness.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
i didn't even notice, i just felt the need to moan.

I'll get a coffee to wake me up a bit before i post anymore.

Is the 'console' version thats in the pipelie just a 'port' of The existing Crysis or a new game completly?

Nice pics Munson!

I'm not sure, man. I do know that no current console could hope to produce those images, rendered at those resolutions, at anything approaching 60fps. Saying that, I really do hope that CryEngine2 is ported over with good results. It's an amazing engine. Even now it scales so high that it will pwn the latest PC machinary if pushed far enough. Very unusual.

I hope the console gimps are able to enjoy Crysis at even 30% of what is playable on PC. The games are incredible shooters in their own right, ignoring the visuals!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure, man. I do know that no current console could hope to produce those images, rendered at those resolutions, at anything approaching 60fps. Saying that, I really do hope that CryEngine2 is ported over with good results. It's an amazing engine. Even now it scales so high that it will pwn the latest PC machinary if pushed far enough. Very unusual.

I hope the console gimps are able to enjoy Crysis at even 30% of what is playable on PC. The games are incredible shooters in their own right, ignoring the visuals!

I'd personally just say 'good shooters' rather than incredible. Both Crysis games appear to suffer from a bizarre distance & damage issue. Many a time before now, I've used almost a full clip hitting a mere Korean minion - and see him flinch with every hit. Does he die? Of course he doesn't. Yet a quick suit-sprint up close - a burst from the rifle and down he goes.

Of course, sniper rifles are excepted from this argument, but even so.... ;)

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Maximum Speed FTW. Straight past whoever it is then a smack in the face. Epic ownage and no wasted bullets.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I hope they don't port this to console, if they do then they'll realise that the world is full of console gimps and by part 3 of the trilogy it'll end up being a console game ported to PC instead and it'll be shite.

I wish consoles had never been invented, PC gaming is so much better.

I wish consoles had never been invented, PC gaming is so much better.

Thats a bit harsh mate!

No one will deny that PC's can offer better graphics and if some of the hulking machines on this forum can run Crysis a shigh as some of the photo realistic screenshots I have seen then not even the PS5 could compete!

But Crysis aside the PC is hardly pushing the boundaries of gaming is it? Again Crysis aside wheres all the great recent PC exclsuives? At best its gets console ports some time after they were released. Now that may be the way things are rather than how they 'should be' but like em or loathe them consoles have bought some quality gaming to the masses!

It's all good banter TBH :D

Games like Crysis are needed to keep pushing the tech forward. It's good for everyone. Those first screens I posted were running at 40-50fps. The later, indoor, screens were maxing out way past 60fps. IMO they are incredible games even ignoring the graphics, but that's personal opinion. I think we would all agree that it's important for the games industry not to lose sight of the PC audience, as it drives the techonology in both hardware and software. Crysis has sold a lot of hardware, the likes of which will end up in a console before long. Everyone's a winner.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Brazo,

PC's have been, and will always be far more capable gaming machines than any console. When the PS3 came out and everyone was like omg look at the graphics, PC's had the capability to run graphics like that 2 years ago. PC's can be constantly upgraded, Your PS3 may be cutting edge for 6 months, but from then on its lacking.

PC's offer far more customisability in the form of mods etc, you can make your own mods etc for a wide variety of games on the PC, its difficult to do it on any console.

The only reason that Consoles are seen as "the" gaming machine, is because they provide affordable gaming, they do f**k all else but it is cheaper to get a console than a PC to play games even though the quality of games on consoles is not up to PC standards.

Before the PS2, there were tonnes of huge PC games out there, now so many great titles get watered down for console production first because thats where the money lies, then they get ported to PC meaning we get a watered down version too.

It is also my personal opinion that a console controller does not offer anywhere near the same level of control as a keyboard and mouse, especially when it comes to shooters, I bet my PC that if you got the top PC FPS gamer in the world against the top Xbox FPS gamer in the world he'd get owned because you can aim and be so much more precise with a mouse.

Brazo,

PC's have been, and will always be far more capable gaming machines than any console. When the PS3 came out and everyone was like omg look at the graphics, PC's had the capability to run graphics like that 2 years ago. PC's can be constantly upgraded, Your PS3 may be cutting edge for 6 months, but from then on its lacking.

PC's offer far more customisability in the form of mods etc, you can make your own mods etc for a wide variety of games on the PC, its difficult to do it on any console.

The only reason that Consoles are seen as "the" gaming machine, is because they provide affordable gaming, they do f**k all else but it is cheaper to get a console than a PC to play games even though the quality of games on consoles is not up to PC standards.

Before the PS2, there were tonnes of huge PC games out there, now so many great titles get watered down for console production first because thats where the money lies, then they get ported to PC meaning we get a watered down version too.

It is also my personal opinion that a console controller does not offer anywhere near the same level of control as a keyboard and mouse, especially when it comes to shooters, I bet my PC that if you got the top PC FPS gamer in the world against the top Xbox FPS gamer in the world he'd get owned because you can aim and be so much more precise with a mouse.

I fully agree with you and haven't said anything to disagree! I'm just telling you how it is - Like it or lump it! :D

PS I was playing Doom on my 386 well before the PS1 came out!

BTW brazo, I wouldn't quite say it's reached the stage where the PC is left waiting for ports. AFAIK most multiplats are released simultaneously? Exclusives are rarer than they used to be, granted. That's a side effect of the 'next-gen' consoles becoming so popular. I don't think it's a bad thing so long as it's kept in balance.

At the moment, every multi-plat I can think of looks better on PC. So they should, given the costs but, it's still an indication that devs are optimizing for PC. As long as they continue to do so, then it's all good for everyone IMO. It's also true that if proper driving sims are your bag, you need a gaming PC. There are several PC sims that you cannot get for the consoles.

So, at the moment, there are actually quite a few PC-only games, and the multi-plats look better on PC. Pretty far from the picture you paint of PC being second best. It is in danger of going that way though if we're not careful.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The problem is Roy, consoles hold PC's back. The money for game developers is in the consoles therefore they design games primarily for use on the consoles, then they port them to PC meaning we get a watered down product because even though its optimised for PC, the foundations of the game lie with a console meaning without rewriting the entire game from scratch its never going to reach the potential it could have had if it had been made primarily for the PC.

Crysis is an example of what can be done when a game is made primarily for the PC.

On the topic of Crysis, has anyone actually played Crysis wars, the multiplayer expansion pack? I thought it'd be utter pants to be honest, but its epic. It lacks the whole ranking system which is a bit of a letdown but the gameplay etc is fantastic, the whole using your suit thing really adds a new angle to multiplayer, theres people running round in speed mode ninja'ing you, then theres people hiding in camo mode which are difficult to see unless you watch for moving bushe's or if their in sunlight you can see their shadow.

Its epic, i recommend it.

The problem is Roy, consoles hold PC's back. The money for game developers is in the consoles therefore they design games primarily for use on the consoles, then they port them to PC meaning we get a watered down product because even though its optimised for PC, the foundations of the game lie with a console meaning without rewriting the entire game from scratch its never going to reach the potential it could have had if it had been made primarily for the PC.

Crysis is an example of what can be done when a game is made primarily for the PC.

You don't need to tell me. I agree 100%. That said, it's still great that the console gimps have such great games to play on their cheapo machines with 5 year old graphics cards :D

On the topic of Crysis, has anyone actually played Crysis wars, the multiplayer expansion pack? I thought it'd be utter pants to be honest, but its epic. It lacks the whole ranking system which is a bit of a letdown but the gameplay etc is fantastic, the whole using your suit thing really adds a new angle to multiplayer, theres people running round in speed mode ninja'ing you, then theres people hiding in camo mode which are difficult to see unless you watch for moving bushe's or if their in sunlight you can see their shadow.

Its epic, i recommend it.

I also agree 100%!

You onviously know why though, the whole piracy thing, Devs just aren't bothering anymore!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Brazo,

That's my biggest gripe about the recent trends in the last 18 months to 2 year period. As a lot of games are now multi-platform to maximise revenue, the biggest slice of the pie goes to satisfying the need(s) of the GamePad Majority. That leaves us 105+key veterans out in the cold and often hampered by a half-arsed control system that translates very poorly to the PC. Fallout 3 being a prime example.

When you do get a PC exclusive - that's where the controls really shine. Battlefield 2142 has probably double the amount of controls than the likes of COD4. But because it's designed for the PC, it works beautifully with the keyboard and mouse.

The only saving grace would be if the masses on their 360's and PS3s took up keyboard and mouse options themselves. But as that will never happen - us PC owners just have to make do with the console-ported stuff.

Shame. :(

D.

Too much negativity IMO. All the big multiplats look and play better on PC IMO. Then there's the Crysis games. Then we could talk about racing sims. It has definitely gone towards the console market, but you're still winning by playing on PC.

Look at FarCry2 PC vs. console. CoD 4 etc. etc.