ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis Revisited

I only recently just started playing this again. My god it's f**king awesome. Ignoring the awesome combat, the visuals are just stunning. This game still looks better than anything else, by quite some margin. I've just done the section inside the alien ship, and started the snow section outside. Now, I am a major graphics wh0re and it takes a lot to impress me but, these two sections yesterday made me actually say out loud "Oh. My. F*cking. God" in awe.

This game was so far ahead of its time, that only now is the hardware truly capable of taking control of it. It looks immense, it plays immensely. It's just immense.

I'm definitely going to complete it this time around now that I have the hardware to play it to my fussy standards :eek:

Then there's Warhead after that...arghhhh the list of games keeps getting longer :dapprove:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
clocked both they wre good, i enjoyed them but the gameplay wasn't groundbraking just the visiual, the armour system was pretty cool i guess

Will hopefully be trying this soon myself albeit on low settings lol! Isn't there a new crysis out in a few weeks time??

clocked both they wre good, i enjoyed them but the gameplay wasn't groundbraking just the visiual, the armour system was pretty cool i guess

It's the fantastic cryosuit and armour abilities that do make it stand out from the crowd though. The combat is great IMO and as you say, the visuals are stunning. Played in big res at big settings with big framrates, the game is simply epic in every way :D

Put it this way, IMO it's a million times more of a shooter than the crap fest that was Killzone 2</overly_harsh>

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
lol massively overly harsh. would love to see it running top frames but alas my mere 4870x2 won't do over 30 at my res :(

dunno, just felt like for example there more novelty in games like that hame lee was involved with with the time control system etc. Crysis was good but i had more fun playing resistance 2 if i'm brutally honest :-/ maybe my rig just didn't let me play it right.

lol massively overly harsh. would love to see it running top frames but alas my mere 4870x2 won't do over 30 at my res :(

dunno, just felt like for example there more novelty in games like that hame lee was involved with with the time control system etc. Crysis was good but i had more fun playing resistance 2 if i'm brutally honest :-/ maybe my rig just didn't let me play it right.

Yeah perhaps. It's definitely a game that just stuns more and more, the more money you throw at it. I think it's probably the best action shooter I've ever played :)

RE: overly harsh - BTW Killzone 2 is crap ;)

Overly scripted, on rails, cheesy, cliched yankathon, overly sticky controls, infuriatingly repetitive difficulty, player feels 3ft tall. I could go on but I won't. I enjoyed it a lot but it's not even close to being the game that most people seem to think it is. Then again, many people say the same about Crysis so horses for courses I suppose. At least Crysis doesn't have a pathetically short campaign dressed up as being meaty by forcing a thousand restarts every 5 minutes ;)

RE: overly harsh - BTW Killzone 2 is crap ;)

Overly scripted, on rails, cheesy, cliched yankathon, overly sticky controls, infuriatingly repetitive difficulty, player feels 3ft tall. I could go on but I won't. I enjoyed it a lot but it's not even close to being the game that most people seem to think it is. Then again, many people say the same about Crysis so horses for courses I suppose. At least Crysis doesn't have a pathetically short campaign dressed up as being meaty by forcing a thousand restarts every 5 minutes ;)

Yet it was 'awesome' to quote you when you played it!

Too many chnages of mind from you Roy to take your reviews with anything but a pinch of salt ;)

Yet it was 'awesome' to quote you when you played it!

Too many chnages of mind from you Roy to take your reviews with anything but a pinch of salt ;)

I said it was awesome but littered with far too many problems. Some of which I just pointed out. I still stand by that. I eventually concluded that it was so annoying, I didn't bother completing it - I don't want to complete it. To me, that's not the sign of a great game. It was good fun in places, but ultimately just not a great game. Hype = bulls**t IMO.

Last edited:
It doesn't look quite that good :D

Saying that, it seems to scale to slilly levels. Some of the custom configs around look stupidly good.

You could call Crysis many things. The very last description I ever thought I'd hear is that it's dull, though.

That was quick lol, I understand your still working your way through KZ2 ;)

BTW speaking as someone who has completed KZ2 which bits were 'on rails'?!!

That was quick lol, I understand your still working your way through KZ2 ;)

BTW speaking as someone who has completed KZ2 which bits were 'on rails'?!!

Well no it wasn't quick because I started out on a save game from the first time I started playing it :)

No I'm not working my way through KZ2, dude. I finally got so annoyed with it at the end that I can't be bothered to play it. I'm at the final boss fight. The very last bit, but I don't actually want to complete it. To me, that speaks volumes.

It was all on rails. There was never much freedom to do anything other than move to the next arena via the next corridor. It's not a s**t game, it has some great moments but, seriously, IMO anyone who thinks it's an awesome shooter, really can't have played many awesome shooters. That's my opinion based on my experience playing shooters. I have nothing to gain by pretending it's not all that good. It just...isn't. IMO.

Anyway...I cancelled my order for Crysis Warhead and I'm now downloading it via Steam :)

Actually Roy, none of it is on Rails :)

Its very linear yes but 'on rails' means you basically aim and shoot whilst the screen moves as if you are 'on rails', normally used on larger vehicle sections of shooters as seen in Haze, Gears of war 2 etc.

Yeah I think we've already established that by 'on-rails' I meant linear. We don't need an English lesson. Thanks all the same though.

It doesn't improve the game.

Yeah that video makes me roffle in places :D

Just had an opening blast on Warhead earlier. Looks even better than Crysis TBH :)

EDIT: pmsl at running away from the 3000 barrel explosion :D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am struggling to find any good HD videos of crysis on youtube though to see what Roy is saying is so good.

Fallout 3? No idea as I've not played it yet. Different kind of gane aren't they? Crysis is an action shooter.

Following on from this amazing game.

I have just finished Crysis Warhead. Stone me, it is utterly fantastic. It is quite short but as an expansion I can forgive that. Playing in the Crysis world as Physco was great fun. Brilliant voice acting, plenty of quality cut scenes, and a character that made me laugh out loud at times, and quietly scream along "f'uck yeah!" in the action scenes. I know the word 'epic' is used far too often these days but, it's the only word to describe Crysis Warhead.

The downside is that to enjoy it to its maximum, you're going to need the kind of PC that lays the smack down on the kind of PCs that lay the smack down on the PCs that lay the smack down :D

Kudos to Crytek. It's good for everyone, including the console boys, if these kind of games continue to push PC tech to the max. It can only lead to better things.

98%

EDIT: Seriously, whos idea was it to juggle these games forums? Since when is Crysis a console game? :D

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
[YOUTUBE]YG5qDeWHNmk[/YOUTUBE]

quite amazing tbh.

I have been trying to replicate something like this with sandbox2 & as a first timer to game programming applications am finding it abit difficult, but finding Crytek's own guide pretty helpful :)

I doubt even the 'next gen' (PS4) consoles could match the screenshots I have sene of crysis running at maximum it really is damn near photorealistic in places.

That said I think its boring!!

Some people do say Crysis is boring. Personally I don't think it is. Warhead definitely isn't. It's quite different to the original. To me, they are both fantastic games even besides the staggering visuals. The nanosuit especially, elevates it above other shooters, if used to full effect.

All IMO of course.