ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed my car, 6 weeks of ownership

flame red 172
:dapprove:

first of all lets get to the facts i werent driving fast at all which is why it annoyed me even more,

i was driving round roundabout outside aston martin in gaydon and cat ran out from the the island and i broke and car immediately spun 180 up onto embankment luckily ending inbetween bollard and post,the passenger side bag went off and heard the carbon splitter smash, got out car and just saw loads of pieces of metal which was parts of my back left alloy but still intact just big gashes off edges,all the rest of the car like bodywork was all ok but the back left wheel is pointing inwards,a landrover pulled me off embankment,i could drive it home but slowly as could feel back end being wonkey,its home now and have removed alloy and can replace with spare, whilst taking off wheel i had good look and cant see any obviuos damage :S

merry xmas to me and cat which should have died:mad:

M2 Competition
Next time you wont brake for a cat on a roundabout! From experience must have been going some for it to cause you to leave the road though.

Harsh, sorry to hear you've binned it already dude.

Jagggg...missing the 182!
guessing by name, your andy? flame red with CF splitter, are you jon's brother who had the LY 182? saw you the other day in leam if so

ph 2, 172.
probably worse when you know you wasnt in fault ..(well bit 50/50) dont know what happened on the day.

hope it can be repaired mate !

to be fair, that is a VERY greasy roundabout, im local and having driven through that roundabout, ill vouch you can easily slide

DCi 100
to be fair, that is a VERY greasy roundabout, im local and having driven through that roundabout, ill vouch you can easily slide

All the more reason to take it extremely easy on them sort of things, I literally go less than 10mph on the ones I know are notorious and greasey.

Best of luck getting your car sorted.

flame red 172
yeah the chap who helped me off said he has seen plenty of cars go off there andsaid it was bit greasy, and yes selen was me,will take it to bodyshop or somewhere useful tmrw

id reccomend southam bodies for paint repairs, lad called greg there, not dirt cheap, but will do a spot on job if you ask for it

I'll vouch for that being a slippy roundabout dude! Watched my mate spin on that roundabout a few days before xmas! Hope you're car gets sorted.

NEED V6!
im glad few believe i was going slow and still spun,scary stuff, yeah no paint work needed just the carbon splitter snapped,only fitted it last week lol just need to find somewhere good in leamington,warwick,coventry etc to take a look at exactly what i need

ab motorsport, might be worth a call, there just between marton and southam (not far from you mate) for a full check, ie measuring subframes etc

other than that, id go to silverline in warwick, 4 wheel laser alignment would should up any damage, and chances are once on a ramp, youd see the damage.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.

b****cks, done it flat out in both the S and the Vee before now.

You were going faster than you think, simple as.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Pmsl! So you braked and 180'd but you werent going fast?!? All that because of a cat? Should have run it over.

Clio 172 CUP / ZX6R C1h
These things happen.... Im shocked no one has said " Im glad your ok " Being as you smashed the wheel.... Imagion if that would have hit you on the front. Oh and by the way ~ I had my car for three weeks... And in one day -a friend smacked into the back of me..and I slid about 4 mph into a pole ( front on in the ice ). Just get it repaired and let it be a lesson to you.

flame red 172
maybe the dampers have gone,im just as shocked everyone that it spun going around 30mph,it had to be down so accelerating out of corner then braking,anyway i have it booked in tmrw at beposke tyres in warwick,get it on laser wheel alignment

maybe the dampers have gone,im just as shocked everyone that it spun going around 30mph,it had to be down so accelerating out of corner then braking,anyway i have it booked in tmrw at beposke tyres in warwick,get it on laser wheel alignment

You spun under braking doing 30?

Clio
Dual carridgeway, to much speed in, touch the brakes little oversteer, panic, hard on brakes and spin, probably did hit the embankment at about 30, entered about 60.

Also the damn cat probably didn't help.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at cat, no residential properties nearby yet there happens to be this feral one sat on the roundabout in the middle of an industrial estate wanting to f*** up the unwary motorist.

I'm with Mace, you were a bit too fruity, got a little out of shape, panicked, then got a lot out of shape...probably.

Hope you get it sorted without trouble.

R26, R27
well done for missing the cat,that could of been a liittle childs pet,just glad your ok,hope your car gets fixed asap.

flame red 172
there is residential area like 50m up the road,lighthorne, but can assure you i wasnt doing 60 whilst cold and wet