ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed my car, 6 weeks of ownership

flame red 172
W00t, that must be a mile straight? Nice bit of runway leading upto the roundabout. 100 leptons + easy.

Braking heavy, baldy tyres, wet conditions = :dead:

;)

lol i dont blame people for doubting my story or whatever, my fault for posting it up really,ill just get it fixed and learn

Clio
I wasn't doubting you, I was just saying the way I would have done it.

Its just amazing the amoung of stories in here where people crash doing <30 and then a cat/dog/fox/sheep/hippo/giraffe happens to run out into the road.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yup. But that road is ace - I've even done it on the suicide machine at a fair old lick (100+ knots) and it's easy to carry too much speed onto, but I wouldn't say it was slippery or dangerous!

Incidentally, take it to Protyre. Easily the best tyre/alignment place I've used by far.

flame red 172
I wasn't doubting you, I was just saying the way I would have done it.

Its just amazing the amoung of stories in here where people crash doing <30 and then a cat/dog/fox/sheep/hippo/giraffe happens to run out into the road.

im only young and your right i did panic and brake hard, and yes i know people might cover up their stories by an animal etc dont think i wuld post it up if i knew it was might fault

Yup. But that road is ace - I've even done it on the suicide machine at a fair old lick (100+ knots) and it's easy to carry too much speed onto, but I wouldn't say it was slippery or dangerous!

Incidentally, take it to Protyre. Easily the best tyre/alignment place I've used by far.

Where's Protyre Mike? Need my alignment sorting next week.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Where's Protyre Mike? Need my alignment sorting next week.

Main road through the old town - the one Tesco is on? On the left a few hundred yards before that (or if you're coming from Leam, the other side). Right by the national autocentre!

Clio
im only young and your right i did panic and brake hard, and yes i know people might cover up their stories by an animal etc dont think i wuld post it up if i knew it was might fault

We all live and learn. I've done ditches, trees and central reservations.

Sweet, any ideas on prices? Guessing their closed now but may pop down tomorrow. Can't find out on their website.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep, they're shut now (can see out my bedroom window near enough lol!). 4-wheel tracking was £60 for the Vee, £100 for camber and tracking. FWD Clios were £35-40 off the top of my head.

Jagggg...missing the 182!
depends on what/if adjustment needed for a price, as said above, a fwd will be v cheap, only toe adjustment, no camber/caster adjustment to play with

By the way, saw your clio with the wheel off on your drive andy- find anything damaged?

172 cup
I had a situation the other day with a cat.... but instead of risking sharp breaking or swerving i kept the car steady and hit the poor thing, i know it's not nice to kill anything but it was the cats life or risking my unborn babies life...

It's just which split decision you make at the time... my decision still cost me a new bumper!

Glad you are ok though...

vauxhall corsa vxr
glad your ok and car can be fixed but as stated before should of hit the cat and if you felt the need report the hit to police, thats what i did as the cat ran out in front of me and got off. Plus you prob still would of had a broken splitter easy fix would of cost you and a vets bill for the cats owner

hope you get it sorted

S4 Avant
Might add a helpful comment.

If you've had an airbag go off, you need a new airbag ecu, fitted and programmed by Renault. It's not cheap, which is why I've had an airbag light on for 2 years

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
U dont have to stop if u hit a car iirc... Only dogs u have to stop :O

Hope you get it sorted mate

Evo 6, E92 320d
I had a situation the other day with a cat.... but instead of risking sharp breaking or swerving i kept the car steady and hit the poor thing, i know it's not nice to kill anything but it was the cats life or risking my unborn babies life...

It's just which split decision you make at the time... my decision still cost me a new bumper!

Glad you are ok though...

I know a great taxidermist, will make a great teddy for junior;)