ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed/insurance help

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
You really can't say that because he is 17 he was driving like an idiot and showing off. That is generalising, which just isn't fair! You can not tar everyone with the same brush. I know some very responsible young drivers, so unless you know for a fact that this is the case, I think an apology for generalising is in order mate.

Ermm good for you, you apolgize then, MATE

If I had said something out of order, then I would apologise, but I didn't. It wasn't me that made the generalisation. I'm just trying to be fair to the lad. It's just plain and simply wrong to just assume things. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Clio 200
'ermm 17 yrold lad, did you drive sensible at that age, i know i didnt and every lad i know didnt.'

ermm, yep! I drove sensibly because didnt want points/crashes, a driving licence is a responsibility not a right!
DynamiqueDebz speaks sense!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Iridium - Are you mad?? The minute insurance companies get involved with young drivers and the police all bets are off!

I was only conveying my experience :)

As for the people saying it was his fault - how do you know that? With all the rain we've had recently it seems perfectly reasonable inexerperience combined with a big puddle could've resulted in such an accident.

Dan

197cup
fair play dude but it is 1 in a million of the ins company turning a blind eye - as for 17 yr old drivers etc we've all done daft things b4

Chelsea tractor
It's probably now a given that the insurance will know know about the backbox and MOT, even if they didn't before...

In between cars....
everybody is speculateing and getting a bit off topic now i think, let us know how u get on alessandro

*edit* when did the computerised MOT's come in? i cant remember

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Iridium - Are you mad?? The minute insurance companies get involved with young drivers and the police all bets are off!

I was only conveying my experience :)

As for the people saying it was his fault - how do you know that? With all the rain we've had recently it seems perfectly reasonable inexerperience combined with a big puddle could've resulted in such an accident.

Dan

I totally agree. Nne of us know exactly how the accident happened. All we know is he says he lost it around a corner and hit an electricity pole. The best thing we can do for him now is not to assume anything and to try and give him as much good advice as we can.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
everybody is speculateing and getting a bit off topic now i think, let us know how u get on alessandro

*edit* when did the computerised MOT's come in? i cant remember

I'm not totally sure on this, all I know is our local garage implemented compurised MOT certificates over a year ago.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
fair play dude but it is 1 in a million of the ins company turning a blind eye - as for 17 yr old drivers etc we've all done daft things b4
hey rodds im sorry but no we aint not according to debs, that is genreiztion or whatever.

btw i agree with you

and heres a point, the reason i think he was drivig stupidly is because there is no mentionof how the accident happened, all that was said is he lost control. ow i think if i generally did loose control for no falt of my own then i would of explained how it happened. and i did this to my own mum, when ilost control just after turning 18 i was very very vauge on how i actually managed to bend the subframe and didnt tell her the full story and guess what i was actually driving like a dik. btw if you cant tell what im trying to say is that he ha been very vauge in the way he told us about the accident, and there is no such thing as an accident only fuk ups, there wil be fault sumwhere along the line and im guessing there wasnt oil on the road in order for him to loose control.

And im sure there is a valid reason for young drivers paying more for insurance that could be because insurance companies have generilzed all young drivers to being shite drivers

Last edited:
  Clio 1.4 Dynamique
joe mate ur bein a bit of a dik...aint really helpin. n i wasnt showin off mate...was drivin work mates home from work. n was on a small village lane wit parked cars so culd hardly of been showin off mate. uve seen th weather lately mate...road had so much surface water on.
cheers everyone else thou...am off 2 compound 2day...will try n get sum pics n put them up 2 show ya...
alessandro

Last edited:
  In between cars....
check if your last mot was a computerised one bud, if it is then the insurance will know its out because they will see you havent had one since that ran out as all stations have been computerised for a few months

think now holnesty will be your best policy

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
joe mate ur bein a bit of a dik...aint really helpin. n i wasnt showin off mate...was drivin work mates home from work. n was on a small village lane wit parked cars so culd hardly of been showin off mate. uve seen th weather lately mate...road had so much surface water on.
cheers everyone else thou...am off 2 compound 2day...will try n get sum pics n put them up 2 show ya...
alessandro
lol lets have a think here, as i just about managed to understand that, [keyboard police lol] you had a couple of mates in your car, down a country road, s**t im sorry but when i go down them on my i own i leather it and if i crashed would expect no sympath, but with a couple of mates in and just got a car, bollox you wernt showing off, and iff you wernt you were going to fast, and if you wernt doing that then your just a shite driver, was a shite driver.

See i cannot understand how people who crash seem to thing they were in the right.

Clio 200
Well jjoe90 it appears you have been there, done it all & got the t-shirt! Who are we, the mere older people, to argue with you!

Shed.
'ermm 17 yrold lad, did you drive sensible at that age, i know i didnt and every lad i know didnt.'

ermm, yep! I drove sensibly because didnt want points/crashes, a driving licence is a responsibility not a right!
DynamiqueDebz speaks sense!

shut up ok ? youve got a 182. do you drive it sensibly ? sometimes. but only when you have to because your old enough to realise when and where to do it. Maybe hes the same, knows where to have fun and had an accident in the process. he may not have even been going fast, just ran into a bit of trouble.

My licence is clean and ive never had a cash. allthough ive touched wood and i hope to god it never happens because i dont feel that anyone deserves it, im sure i will one day, hey it happens, and i dont even have to do somehting wrong.

YOUNG drivers pay for insurance up their arse because weve all seen them driving round like w*****s. The insurance companies dont know them and so think well rarther than take the risk ill make sure we get enough money from them to cover them. they also have a lack of driving experience. but then thats why we have no claims. for those of us who are wither sensible or lucky weel have built up our no claims and then eventually be able to get out of the stage where we get insured up the arse.

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
joe mate can u read u dikhed...was givin work mates a lift home...village lane...not country lane u dik...as in village lane parked cars lil newsagents on??!! and sayin im a shite driver mate u dnt no me so shutup...wet conditions...road had loads of surface water on, brake 2 hard and lost it...if u got nothin gd 2 say mate...then piss off

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
joe mate can u read u dikhed...was givin work mates a lift home...village lane...not country lane u dik...as in village lane parked cars lil newsagents on??!!

ok then how did you manage to crash. villiage lane as in 20mph probs 30mph

lets have the whole story for fuk sake.

197cup
joe you're a bit of a legend lol - this is gettin past a joke tho - guy crashed cried a bit cause he blagged his insurance an mot end of

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
yea 30 mph mate...was doin bout 20-25...brake 2 hard and i lost it...there u go full story...wasnt showin off/speedin...now if u got nothin useful 2 say then stop goin on before u make more of a dik outta urself...
cheers everyone else

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
Well jjoe90 it appears you have been there, done it all & got the t-shirt! Who are we, the mere older people, to argue with you!
Nope just seen a lot of people make a lot of mistakes. As i have myself and have learnt from them, and not once did ask for any sympath.

In between cars....
i dont know if they would but make sure the recovery folk didnt inform the police as they may have some kind of obligation since there was clearly damage to other property, i also hope they were good mates and werent hurt as passengers can also seek compensation.............

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
hav i once asked for sympathy...no?! u dik! was askin for advise mate as am only 17 n yea messed up n dnt no wat i shuld do...

197cup
ANY sort of RTA needs to be reported to the police - it's one of the factors that decides whether to put up safety camera's or not and also add's to the statistics of accidents and deaths on the road

197cup
the police will def know about this - either thru the recovery company or insurance company - either way they will have been informed - how quickly was the car picked up? 9 times out of 10 cars involved in accidents have a "police aware" sticker on them to stop people phoning in and reporting them

Chelsea tractor
ANY sort of RTA needs to be reported to the police - it's one of the factors that decides whether to put up safety camera's or not and also add's to the statistics of accidents and deaths on the road
^^

Someone did something similar near me - slid on a muddy corner, hit the embankment, flipped and took out a telegraph pole... Suffice to say they reduced the speed limit!

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
and fireman last nite sed that was th 2nd accident there within a week...first car missed th pole n took out a parked car just behind it

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
hav i once asked for sympathy...no?! u dik! was askin for advise mate as am only 17 n yea messed up n dnt no wat i shuld do...
nah true suppose youve not, was just going off other stories on that one. but top and bottom at the end of the day this is how i see it

1. there is no sceario where you are driving along and do something that would cause you to hit a lamp post.

2.you broke too hard[not I brake too hard] which suggests you were approching a corner and broke too late hence shite driver.

3.learn how to type

Shame Connor is not around here any more, he'll tell you all about what happens by not declaring modifications...

Clio 200
Theres some blind folk on this forum, the lad is asking for help & advice & all some of you are babbling on about is his driving! Give him a break!
And to Michael172, yes I do have a 182 and yes I do drive it sensibly, thanks for asking!

Shed.
Shame Connor is not around here any more, he'll tell you all about what happens by not declaring modifications...

why what happened to him ?

e/ ^^

Then why the hell do you have a clio sport ?????????????? time and place.

In between cars....
MCC hit the nail on the head, surprised a mod hasnt sorted this out yet, bit out of hand now

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
It doesnt matter how fast you were going you can still have an accident, i was doing 25-30 in a 60 and still collided with another vehicle. NOT my fault tho!

Im not saying that driving without an mot is excuseable cause its not. But come on guys hes come on here to get a bit of advice as to what might happen not get speculation over what he was or wasnt doing to crash etc jjoe90 give him a break will u, how would you feel if the roles were reversed?

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
Sorry to hear mate, like has been said before no MOT is not a good thing as it invalidates your insurance, which could mean you being charged....

I would have thought your MOT was a computerised one as my MOT last June was a new compuiterised one, so as already been said it's possible your insurance company already know...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
1. there is no sceario where you are driving along and do something that would cause you to hit a lamp post.

2.you broke too hard[not I brake too hard] which suggests you were approching a corner and broke too late hence s**te driver.

3.learn how to type

Jesus someone got out of the wrong side this morning...

1. You hit a deep puddle and aquaplane - being 17 and an inexperienced driver, you panic and jab the brakes. Bang.

2. See point one re: being 17 and new to driving. Very few people are lucky enough to be driving gods within a few months of passing their test...

3. Sentences start with capital letters :)

Dan

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
not on cliosport they dont.

god there are some goody goodys on here who like being nice, why dont you all just say the obvious like i am.