ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Crash ----- Insurance ----- HELP!

Black Clio 182
right lets get this story started lol

i was in my girlfriends car on a roundabout which had 3 lanes. we were in the middle lane to go right. someone we know came up the inside of us and tried cutting across to take their exit but took us out. my girlfriends car had damage on the front wing where he had hit us.

his car has cost £5,000 to fix and my gf's £700.

basically it was his fault and he even admitted to the police it was his fault when they turned up. but now he has made a claim on my girlfriends insurance and is saying we were in the wrong lane and we hit him. this has really annoyed us and i would love to kick the living ..... out of him but i know that will just make things worse.

what do you think will happen? anyone got any experiences on this sort of case?

i mean ive had to pay £500 excess out of my own pocket and i want that fucker back. but from what ive heard from my gfs insurance company if it doesnt get sorted it will be split 50/50 which means she will loose her no claims bonus :(

anyone got any advice? please dont put up sarcy comments as i know you are all funny f*****s lol :p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Who the f*ck is Dave?

Seriously though, its his fault, and the police will back you up, surely? I thought the excess was non returnable even if it is non fault? Could be wrong.

al

ST on the way...
Ring up the insurance and tell them he admitted liability for the accident to the Poilce.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
speka to the accident reocrd department for the old bill so thier accident reprot can be viewed by the insurnace companies.

normally the ob who went ill give a report saying who they beleived was or was not at fualt. should help your corner if they went with your side.

E90
if hes admitted to the police and its offically recorded or admissable, then he has about as much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
if hes admitted to the police and its offically recorded or admissable, then he has about as much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

What if he's behind held aloft by two rather butch gentlemen in this arse kicking procedure?

CJ

Blue ph1 172
speka to the accident reocrd department for the old bill so thier accident reprot can be viewed by the insurnace companies.

Are you speaking spanish seb?

Excess will be refunded if not your fault.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

normally the ob who went ill give a report saying who they beleived was or was not at fualt. should help your corner if they went with your side.

lol Seb. FAR far too quick...slow down.

EDIT : Nice work CJ ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i type s**t... took me 40 minutes to write this reply.

i suck at typing. bite me! ;)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
u should get your 500 back if the insurance decides in your favour. you have to pay it till the case is closed. the excess is only for accidents u cause. actualy may not if your not a named driver.

Black Clio 182
i lent my gf the money so its her thats paid really.

cheers for the replys. she has told the insurance company about the police report and stuff and the police did side with us. we requested to read the police report but have to pay something like £90 so no point in doing that unless the insurance company cant sort it them selves.

anyone got any idea of how long claims usually take to go through and stuff.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Whether he says he was in the wrong, or thinks you were, or whatever else is irrelevant. The police will decide based on who was in what lane who they deem to be at fault and the insurance companies actions will be based on that.

Multi-lane roundabouts have terrible crash records. Unlike intersections very few people die on roundabouts because the collisions are glancing, but there are a lot of collisions. Drivers can cope with single-lane roundabouts, but they don't seem to understand what lane they've got to be in to do what on multi-lane roundabouts.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^ if he has admitted liability and its documented the rights and wrongs are irrelevent.

Id pay the £90 and them claim that back of the guy.