ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accepting one-off customer payment by Credit Card...?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn’t personally.

Fraud is rife, and there are reasons most respectable companies take time to vet and check suppliers.

You don’t want a company busting “child labour” headline, for example…

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
So is this all sorted now or has it all gone George Agdgdgwngo?

IMG_2879.jpeg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Update time;

Customer attempted to pay us £5,400.00, it failed, so they tried again. I can see the two failed £5.4k payment attempts on my account.

I then got an email from SumUp saying the following;

After your attempt to perform the transaction TC9FYXZXV7,

we’ve reviewed your profile and regret to inform you that we’re unable to raise your limits. To request an increased transaction limit, we kindly ask you to provide us with some further business information in addition to the details you’ve already provided during the registration process:

1. Authenticity of conducted payments: Please provide us with a copy or photo of any of the mentioned documents (customer order, email exchange with the customer, contract, proforma invoice, quote, inventory stock confirmation or stocks availability) and briefly describe what kind of good(s) or service(s) you have sold with a payment that you have conducted with SumUp.

2. Business model: What kind of business are you pursuing? To help us identify your business, you can also send us your business website or professional Facebook page (if applicable) or an alternative online presence where us, like your customers, could be able to view your business and the services/goods you sell.

We'd like to remind you that you're required to enter the full amount of the transaction. To clarify, you're not permitted to split a single amount into several smaller transactions. Please be advised that our security system is equipped with measures to detect split payments.

In case our security system recognises such behaviours, we may be obliged to close your SumUp profile. For more information on how to take secure payments, please access the following link: https://help.sumup.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115008342687-Take-secure-payments Thank you for your understanding and your support to help SumUp attend its duties as a financial institution.

If you've any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

I'll be going back to them today/tomorrow with everything they've asked for and more.

At this point I think I'll get them to accept the payments for us...but I can see them wanting to impose their 1.6% fee.

Further updates will follow (y)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot to update this...but I have positive news...

I got chapter and verse back to the SumUp support team on 11th March explaining clearly that both us and our customer are not dodgy AF money launderers.

It took them two weeks to agree, and they then increased my transaction limit on 25th March.

Customer then attempted £5,400 card payment and boom, it was in our bank account two days later, and without a penny deducted for any transaction fees 😁

So, back to my original question; how do you accept a card payment from someone if card payments is not something you usually accept?

Answer; use SumUp...which means create an online SumUp account, from the App on your phone create a QR code payment link, send that to the person wanting to pay you, and (perhaps with a little faffing about as I experienced), you'll eventually get your money, in full.