ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s**t insurance company wont insure on exhaust.

clio 1.4 petrol
Ye getting a at back system powerflow exhaust system. Phonesd up to declare it on my policy to see if it would affect it. And guy said if it was standard replacement nothing but if it added performance then they wouldnt insure me at all! ITs my dads car as well and hes over 40 and im only additional driver. I thought they would at the most increase my premium by a few hundred pounds which i would be happy to pay. But said wont even insure me on it watsoever! Any suggestions on wat i should do? car was booked in for tomoz at 9am.

Chocolate Bar™
it does indeed. your screwed

if it through a company such as CIS, then its in their policy shedule they dont cover/insure any mods.

easiest bet is to cancel your appointment, and to wait until youve got your own insurance

clio 1.4 petrol
ye middo im with CiS but my mum and dad dealt with insurance it was my first car. I never knew they never cover/insured any mods. Does that just mean that if say someone crashes into back of me and f***s up my new exhaust theyll just replace it with standard one?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Re: s**t insurance company wont insure on exhaust.

ye middo im with CiS but my mum and dad dealt with insurance it was my first car. I never knew they never cover/insured any mods. Does that just mean that if say someone crashes into back of me and f**ks up my new exhaust theyll just replace it with standard one?

No it means they'll stitch you for all the costs and take your license off you, and stick you for a higher premium next time (which IIRC, driving without insurance comes with a higher cost than drink driving).

clio 1.4 petrol
a crap looks like i either 1.) Dont get it fitted or 2.) fit it and change insurance company asap and declare it.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR

you should of told them it didnt increase performance and kwik fit who were fitting it couldnt get a standard one in stock, that was the only one they could supply, then they would've covered you, all it means now is, if you fitted it and had an accident, they would refuse to pay out, they wouldnt be able to take your licence off you or anything, I would cancel policy and go with someone else if you plan to fit it, its no big deal

clio 1.4 petrol
ye well to be honest does a full cat back system actually increase that much performance? i thoguht it was only a few bhp if any. I might say to them it doesnt increase performance but just sounds better. and is a replacemenet for my screwed up current exhaust. (maybe if i get my mum, whos main driver to say this, itll be ok)

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR

Ye getting a at back system powerflow exhaust system. Phonesd up to declare it on my policy to see if it would affect it. And guy said if it was standard replacement nothing but if it added performance then they wouldnt insure me at all! ITs my dads car as well and hes over 40 and im only additional driver. I thought they would at the most increase my premium by a few hundred pounds which i would be happy to pay. But said wont even insure me on it watsoever! Any suggestions on wat i should do? car was booked in for tomoz at 9am.

You'd be happy to pay more for the insurance than the exhaust ??

I guess some people are just ill in the head!!

Dude, why tell them it's a performance increasing one when it probably isn't anyway..

clio 1.4 petrol
i never told them it increased performance and wat i ment was that i have heard of people paying an extra 50-200 pounds etc for declaring mods on there policy and i would happily do that... instead of being refused insurance almost at once.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I was refused at Direct Line.

Tesco wanted £400 extra for my SS exhaust to start with. Got it down to £20 with a few friendly words to the supervisor though.

ITB BG 182
^^ tell me how you got it down to £20 then as they wanted near to £950 more on my insurance if i want to stay with them after this exhaust is fitted.

clio 1.4 petrol
jph172 iv heard of greenlight man but aint it 21 and over? im only 18 :S although can i put my dad as main driver and me as additional? or do they not allow that? he does drive the car quite a bit.