ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Stand at The Scottish Car Show 21st July 10am

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Updated the first post with this info-

Hi All, had a couple of emails from the organisers,

I need to have the below information sent back to me asap

Phone Number-
Car Make-
Car Model-
Car Colour-
Car Reg
-

They have also sent the following rules

1. Set up on Sunday 6am to 9am
2. All cars inside must have less than 1/4 Tank of Fuel
3. Drip trays needed for all indoor cars

Without all your information the organisers will not let you in. Don't worry about the drip trays, I'll provide them.

Can you get back to me asap please, if the information is not sent on time then, again, they will not let you in. Sorry, not my rules, theirs!

Any questions then please ask,

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Drive south, turn right. ;)

Yeah we'll probably do a convoy through, I'm trying to find out what the deal with getting the actual tickets is.

M16a
John if they need to be collected I'm literally 5 minutes from the SECC. I can pick them up and post them out if need be?

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
John, can you find out what the script is for setting up the Saturday?

I was speaking to a mate at work - who's showing with another stand - and he said that you can set up in the secc from 10-5pm on Saturday. I'm tempted to go through then as it will mean less of a rush, plus hopefully I can get water easier to give the front of the car a wash. Only thing I'm confused about is how we get in without a ticket as such, will it be OK for them to just match car make/reg etc with their list of clubs?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tickets have arrived :) Full update with instructions/convoys/time/rules etc etc coming tonight, dinner first!

Yeah you can set up the day before but I think thats for banners etc, the rules that have come through (2 A4 pages!) say all the cars for each stand must go in as one so I'm really not sure about parking in the hall the day before.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Very important update, please acknowledge that you've read this

As mentioned above the tickets and instruction pack have arrived today.

They're quite lengthy and there are a few strict rules, I'll put the most important ones here:
  • 5 mph speed limit on site for the full day, entry and exit
  • Wear your wristband at all times
  • All members must be present before we are allowed in, no dribs and drabs
  • If you arrive late you will NOT be allowed in- no exceptions. Entry to the hall closes at 9am, strictly and without exception.
  • Once parked up all engines must remain switched off for the entire day and cars are not allowed to move until instructed after 5pm. If there is an emergency you need to leave your car and make alternative arrangements.
  • If you start your car up the organisers will fine you £20 in the first instance, a second offence will mean you will get removed from the venue and only allowed in after the show is over to collect your car.
  • You must have a drip tray - I will supply these so just don't move it once its under your car.
  • No alcohol- for driver, passenger, anyone at all.
Phew, right with that lot over lets sort out times and places.

Main meeting point

The Quay -
G5 8NP - http://www.thequayglasgow.com/

Be there no later than 8am. That gives us a chance to give you your wristbands and car passes and make sure everyone who should be there is. I have all your mobile numbers, if anyone doesn't have mine but wants it then please PM me.

East of Scotland Meeting Points

Inverkeithing Park and Ride - KY11 1HN. - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Inverkeithing+KY11+1HN&daddr=g58np&hl=en&ll=55.939202,-3.834229&spn=0.519168,1.674042&sll=56.022612,-3.403873&sspn=0.008095,0.026157&geocode=FdXVVgMd5w_M_yktnXtKzc-HSDE9IIiAZSmWjA%3BFcBIVAMdn8W-_ylFMQvHhkaISDFcOP7yD0J5GQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

Leave there at 7am to go along the M8, one of you call me when you join the M8 and we will go aloong the M8 from Deer Park until you meet us, This will be around 715.

Other Meeting Points

No-one has asked for anywhere else, please state now if you want to convoy from your home

​If you want to clean your car there bring waterless things, you wont be allowed to use buckets of water in the show!

Right I think that is it.

Any questions please ask

​John

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
Yeah you can set up the day before but I think thats for banners etc, the rules that have come through (2 A4 pages!) say all the cars for each stand must go in as one so I'm really not sure about parking in the hall the day before.

No probs, was just a thought :)

I'll wash the front of the car at the Quay. Should only take 45 mins or so to get there from Inverkeithing

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its a decent thought tbf!

BTW our stand is a straight line against a wall so there wont be too many people walking between the cars and with the few drop outs we've had there should be plenty of space between the cars.

renault clio
whos all meeting at inverkeithing then? was there also chat about a meeting point in newbridge? dont fancy crossing the bridge to just go back again. but will do if i have to.

There will be a few of us at inverkeithing, i know of 6 meeting there, were then catching the 2 DJW boys on the M8 at livingstone, best bet for you would be to tie up with them and join up with us on the m8