ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 7: Macro/Close Up

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Mine

P4110069.jpg

D

dick

ive seen maybe 2 macro shots?

part of the problem is - not everyone owns/ or can afford a dedicated macro lense.

So providing us with a "proper" macro shot will be quite difficult for some - hence the title is good in the fact it allows people to post " close up" shots too, thus letting "everyone" enter what they feel to be close up.

Most of mine were taken with a 60 mm macro....but yet I did not feel the need to go to maximum "close" distance to achieve the effect I wanted.

I love these little tasks...it gets me away from my mundane every day Photography and get the grey matter working, I even go to bed thinking what and how can I get a better pic than everyone else...sad ...but fun.

ahh, i cant afford one either, yet. i fancy the 100 f2.8. opinion?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
never really used macro lenses before now...the 60mm belongs to a mate at work, so can't really comment.
The 60mm is pin sharp though......does not let you go quite close enough for my liking i.e insect photography etc.

i swear to god photobucket just kills colours!!

If your using photoshop then when you save your image use the "file>save for web and devices". Then in the box that pops up click the small arrow in the topright corner and choose "use document colour profile"

FF Blackgold 182
treea.gif

Managed to get to Westonbirt in the week and got this photo. Never tried that kind of thing before, but it's different to anything I've shot before and I like it. (even if I do say so myself)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
This will be my ENTRY

can.jpg

There are some great shots on here for this competition. This is the best i could come up with. Good luck to everyone who has entered.

Bob

GW RS200
Daisy I floated in my newly dug pond last weekend! Managed to get the reflection of the sun right behind it. Also my entry...
daisy.jpg

hahahah someone just had to post a Makro shot hahaahhaah

my aunty works in makro i thought of it as soon as this comp was posted haha

Dodgy one
Thought i'd add a bit of comedy :) , Taken on my phone at work of a bell

SP_A0510.gif

Yes i did it just for the competition, I'l enter this lol

Last edited:
  LY 182 FF CUPPED
^^^ too late as I have won 2 comps with borders...too late to change the rules.
Everyone has the ability to add them so there should not be any rule against it.

Been out woth the camera today and came up with the same idea as everybody else. Realised the first three efforts were bad so came up withe these. Now which one do I tag.

Closeups026.jpg

Closeups014.jpg

Closeups013.jpg

Personally i like the last one but there are so many flower shots so may go for the first one to be different.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I know the eye thing has been done to the max...but had a play tonight with a 60mm to see what I could get.

DSCF9012.jpg

DSCF9006.jpg

DSCF8980.jpg

Will keep playing tonight...still not sure what to enter??

B

Brown.

^^^ too late as I have won 2 comps with borders...too late to change the rules.
Everyone has the ability to add them so there should not be any rule against it.

my point entirely, images stand out more.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I give up...
flagging this as my entry......
good luck to the winner.
DSCF8543.jpg

some might disagree with my choice of entry...but staying loyal to cliosport.net etc etc