ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 7: Macro/Close Up

Congrats to andywright182 for the victory in the last round with this image depicting the subject 'Old & New'...

287418035_2EZYd-M.jpg

...the new subject has been chosen by him and is:

Macro / Close Up

Comp runs from now until midnight Monday May 12th. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight May 12th.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

Damn... no macro lens... always the next round!!

I was thinking about this when I published the new comp, you absolutely do not need a close-up or macro lens to enter this. I've never owned a macro lens yet I love macro photography.

A few examples...

Panasonic FZ20

7022578_qXa4V-M.jpg

Nikon D50 18-55mm Kit Lens (with magnifying glass)

102732831_2Xyn9-M.jpg

Even basic compacts have macro modes these days and I have seen stunning results from them. Close-up doesn't have to mean ultra-close, I would urge anyone to have a go, it's one of the most rewarding types of photography and all it really takes is a bit of practice.

B

Brown.

Tis Rabit-Zilla......i think the feeding it staek and other meat products has had detrimental effect!!
_MG_7751.jpg

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Yeah when I thought of this i want people to just try and get a different perspective on everyday things. I dont own a macro lens either but will be interesting getting up close to things

Megane Mk4
One more..
2467551123_cbc8732df5.jpg

;)

And, I'll use the second VW beetle shot from above if I don't come up with more... (which I doubt :p lol)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Here a few from just now, 60mm macro is at work so will post a few more tomorrow evening.

Taken with a 35 - 70mm

You all know me by now.... regardless of the comp I try to keep with the Racing Blue Theme lol.

Looks like we will have lots of entries with this one so competition is gonna be fierce.

DSCF8531.jpg

DSCF8533.jpg

DSCF8547.jpg

DSCF8559.jpg

DSCF8543.jpg

clio 182 black /gold
some good ones there. I took some earlier, i will have a look and post up later on.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
what do you mean dark because of a UV filter????

you won't lose any stops with a UV.....and if you did you just expose as normal???

so quit the excuses!!! lol only kidding.

Some nice shots

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
This is gonna be a very hard comp to win

Couple I have taken this evening but arent up to the standards of the rest!

2468037509_8b507609a3.jpg

2468861090_19cc3a3540.jpg

yeh im liking that one aswell andy, may have worked better if you could have got maybe the first two brushes in focus

FF Blackgold 182
yeh im liking that one aswell andy, may have worked better if you could have got maybe the first two brushes in focus

I think it works better that only one brush is in focus, personally. Cracking shot! I have decided that I'm gonna submit my gargoyle pic I think, as I'm not gonna have much chance to get and do anything else. As said by others though, this is gonna be difficult to judge and win!