ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 7: Macro/Close Up

Megane Mk4
Another .. (It's a light blue metal seat in a waiting area btw)

2470876730_9879b53095.jpg

Mk2 Golf GTI
that is without a doubt the most impressive eye photo i've seen!

top work!

Thanks, was just a snapshot, have to do it again with a better reflection, me and a dirty plate kinda kills it :eek:

Seeing you in the pupil is what makes it imo! as if there's a litle dude living in your eye taking pics.

didn't even notice the plate til you said ;)

911 carrera 2, Yamaha R6
Here's my efforts!
Be kind I've not had my camera long and only got the new lense today lol, but any comments and suggestions welcome :)
DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Had a play with a tiny garden spider tonight......just before sundown.
Will try harder tomorrow.

1st image showing the little bliter......and advanced lighting techniques!!!! not
DSCF8604.jpg

DSCF8599.jpg

DSCF8610.jpg

DSCF8588.jpg

for some reason when I post in portrait mode via Photobucket you are unable to enlarge when "hovering" over the image?
So you will not be getting the complete effect of image detail etc.

planetx mate, if you could play about with the levels of the second last one to make it a bit deeper it would be a great image. just feels a bit flat imo, just something to think about :) Loving it tho :D

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Try not to Photoshop my competition entries really.....its cheating.
The idea is to get us out more...honing our camera skills.
Besides the images look fine on my mac...perhaps its your monitor??.
My mac is calibrated often..and matches my print output, also just checked the image in levels and I am getting all 255 fine.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Try not to Photoshop my competition entries really.....its cheating.
The idea is to get us out more...honing our camera skills.
Besides the images look fine on my mac...perhaps its your monitor??.
My mac is calibrated often..and matches my print output, also just checked the image in levels and I am getting all 255 fine.

was gonna say the same it looks perfect on my mac too lol... nothing needs to be changed... one of the few that actually are macro shots so far... well what i would class as macro.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
A couple of randoms taken on my desk at work.....

The Polo pics have been manipulated a fair bit.
Did not have enough time to get the effect I was after.....boss was pestering me!!!
DSCF8627.jpg

School boy..."thumb print" on the Black one
Untitled-2.jpg

DSCF8650.jpg

Okay putting a Clio in my last entry didn't work. No hope against some of the shots on here, but I still thought I would try something for this one.

First Attempt - Sponge Bob

macroshots001.jpg

second attempt. - The flower shot

macroshots002.jpg

Finally the veggies

macroshots003.jpg

Can't decide which to submit, probably the last one.

another i managed today, not the best but worth a throw in

springclioentry.jpg

oh and not really close up but relevant to the site haha

keycliosport.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
i've done a few good ones in the past...

P4120028-1.jpg

Ryan146.jpg

Ryan2124.jpg

just took these ones...think i'll use the last on as my entry...

P5080014.jpg

P5080012.jpg

P5080010.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
No entrys yet. Hopefully i'll have time to get some better ones.

IMGP1070.jpg

IMGP1094.jpg

Obvious old one
IMGP0457.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i swear to god photobucket just kills colours!!

wasp.jpg

daisy1.jpg

dandylion1.jpg

dandylion2.jpg

no ps just levels played with however it seems like photobucket dont give a f**k and does what it likes lol... i was bored on lunch and had nothing to do so took my camera out of the studio for some pics... found nothing interesting though :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
^You're supposed to be able to make stuff interesting, no? ;)

i was sat on the grass... i didnt want to move... i had a small macro lens and a 300mm with me... i decided not to move lol... deal with it :p

LY 182 FF CUPPED
ive seen maybe 2 macro shots?

part of the problem is - not everyone owns/ or can afford a dedicated macro lense.

So providing us with a "proper" macro shot will be quite difficult for some - hence the title is good in the fact it allows people to post " close up" shots too, thus letting "everyone" enter what they feel to be close up.

Most of mine were taken with a 60 mm macro....but yet I did not feel the need to go to maximum "close" distance to achieve the effect I wanted.

I love these little tasks...it gets me away from my mundane every day Photography and get the grey matter working, I even go to bed thinking what and how can I get a better pic than everyone else...sad ...but fun.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
I have taken a couple of macro/close up shots at Goodnestone Park near Ash, Kent on Monday.
I have some more ideas up my sleeve, so I will post my final entry on Saturday.
Comments on what i have done so far are most welcome.

I don't own a decent camera or a dedicated macro lens! I wish!!!

macro1.jpg

macro2.jpg

bolt.jpg