ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 0001 & FCS 2006

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nick_R182 said:
Nice one! Kind of a shame its not on the williamsclio stand though.

yer agree.

it would also be good if most of the clio sport members actually appreciated the car, and it wasnt biased towards 172's 182's (i know there are a few members who will appreciate it btw, mat, daz, northy etc etc). i bet alot of the members dont realise they were actually no'd.........

anyhow, will be good to see it

Nick_R182 said:
Just hope it gets the attention that it deserves on the cliosport stand.

Haha, dunno.. Maybe the WilliamsClio boys will camp out in our marquee instead?! :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Jamie_Williams3 said:
yer agree.

it would also be good if most of the clio sport members actually appreciated the car, and it wasnt biased towards 172's 182's (i know there are a few members who will appreciate it btw, mat, daz, northy etc etc). i bet alot of the members dont realise they were actually no'd.........

anyhow, will be good to see it

Stop talking such rubbish, it's comments like that that propagate this rubbish. If there is any bias towards 172s/182s that's because it's the current model of car, there's lots of them about and lots of people are buying them. It will be the same with the Mk3 Clio I'm sure as they start to sell they'll get discussed loads.

Also why should they have to appreciate it because some people hold it in such high esteem, it's up to them if they care about the Williams, Trophy, Cup etc. You can't tell people what to talk about just because it's not what you are interested in.

A lot of members have only just passed their driving tests, why would they remember a Clio from over 10 years ago? To most people the Trophy is a low spec red 182, and that's a new car!

It's comments like that which make us not actually want to bother doing anything for the members because all they do is give a negative response. Maybe you would be happier if we hadn't arranged for the car to be there? Would that have been better? I don't think so.

For the last time there is no negativity towards any other cars from any of the ClioSport team, it's certain members who seem to think there is which makes others believe there's a problem. We would have been more than happy to have WC, Cliov6.net etc all together in one place for FCS.

I'm sorry if that sounds like a rant, but it is!!!!

Vee dub
Agree completely

How having this car on the club stand can be turned into a negative I don't know!

MK1 - 1.8 8v - RSi
BAD FORM!!!!

I think its great that we have 0001 on the stand, can't say i am the biggest williams fan but that doesnt stop me from apreciateing it for what it is and the achievement that was made 10 years ago.

Each person should be entitled to their opinion and i dont see any problem with voicing that opinion on the forum, however arguments are caused and problems occur when people try to force that opinion on others and dont respect the fact that everyone is different.

Cheers

Andre
Yorkshire Area Rep

Beetle
lol theres no mk1/mk2 bias? take a look at the new fliers, nuff said!
It's a good achievement to have 001 on the cs stand, i'll certainly be popping over from the wc stand to have a look at it.

Beetle
There were a few things made me decide against it mate, i'll still come and meet some of you though ;)

106 GTi
What an attitude - I am glad some things have been said they way they are, it's threads like this that makes people reading this board think everyone is anti-williams, all mainly started by stirring and sarky comments on threads all the time.

Just because some one owns a 1*2 it does not en that they dont appreciate the Williams. Without it the likes of the R5 GT turbo, Valver and Williams we would probably not even had the current range of sport models.

I wish I had been a few years older and could have brought the likes of the Williams or a 205 GTi brand new, but as I am not and was at school in the mid 90's still. I have ended up with a car that I can but new and factory fresh. Like others on here I am sure would love a unmolested clean example of a Williams if someone can get me one to my standard!

Having this car at the FCS is great for all enthusiasts from whatever club, even people I know from the Peugeot Sport Owners club are looking forward to seeing it, this is great for CS, WC and anyone else (of which there are lots despite how it is made out on here all the time) that appreciate the car that is going to the show.

Thats one hell of a coup to get Williams 001, fair play to all involved in organising it. I don't think you will find any animosity towards MK1s by any members here, be it Mk2 or 3 owners...in fact the only comments I've seen suggesting it have been from people complaining that such a division exists!

Naming 3 members who would appreciate a Williams is just causing an argument for arguments sake imo, I know I will check it out and take about 60 pics! I don't pretend to know everything about them, but it doesn't mean I'll appreciate it any less.

As an example we had 6 Mk2s at the South Wales meet yesterday, we all said how nice it would have been to have had some Mk1s there, if anything as they are getting older and progressively rarer they are becoming a more interesting sight.

Anyway this thread should be about saying fair play to the club for getting such a car, I don't think many people appreciate that.

Vee dub
Spot on Ukaskew and Rich

Rich wishes he had a willy.... williams really ;)

Good on ya for getting it... I'll look forward to a good look

1.6 focus zetec....
I think its great...I love the williams and to see the first williams ever will be one hell of a thing to put down in history!!

I dont get some people on this forum....comparing 172/182's and williams etc etc...all this ph-quick malarkey...to be honest im acctually glad to even have a car let alone one thats new and pretty quick which i think everyone should be like!! At the end of the day they're both cars, made by renault and called clio's..

Sorry if im talking utter bollox....

Kiza

MK1 - 1.8 8v - RSi
Agreed

looking forward to seeing it although i wonder what the conditions are to us having it on the stand, maybe we will only be able to see it through the barbed wire fences, mine fields and army of bouncers. lol

must be worth a small fortune!!

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol yeah...if i was the owner i'd be a little worried but at the same time proud to have it there and hope that everyone has a adult head on their shoulders and show it some respect!!

I wouldnt like to really put a price tag on it lol....

Kiza

mk1 phase 3
wow. i think ill be standing with tom s all day with a box of kleenex at the ready, think its buy one get one free that weekend aswell :approve:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'll be over for pics! sweeet hope it's not an anti climax....should be mint anyway it's never driven lol

Cam

182 Cup
I love the Williams Clio, always have done and have much respect for the people who keep them going and in A1 condition to. Cant wait to see it!! Will be taking loads of pics of a car ive always appreciated. :approve:

to be honest it would probably look better among some 172's 182's ratehr than being surrounded by other williams..

from past experience.. most people who have other makes of cars just walk past a line of williams and will just look at the first one they see and just see the rest as the same..

same as when you used to see lines of scoobys/gti-rs/cosworths/evos etc at trax..look at one and theyre nearly all the same.

It will stand out more on cliosports stand then on williams clios stand think about it and im not being biased i visit WC alot more than CS...
A load of williams clios and 001 no one will realise... loads of mk2s the odd mk1 then 001 sat there everyone will notice her :D

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Im my view the car is at FCS which is great. Doesnt matter which stand it is on. Its ALL one big show and the cars there are under one roof so to speak.

Im looking forward to seeing and sitting in it - will try and get chatting to RS team when im there.

Think cliosport have finally got this car to where it belongs - on show. Lee & the team have done some great work to get it there. Well done. I know how hard it is organising this sort of stuff :)

Are Renaultsport attening with there own promotional renault stand just out of intrest ?

Would be nice to see it lined up with a numbered 0001 V6 and Trophy

Lee

BMW M2C
I was tempted to ask about V6 and Trophy number 1 also but thought it might have been a bit greedy. I'm just excited that the car is going to be on show. :D

They are just delivering and collecting the car northy. (see PM)

I would have loved us to have the 197 on show but it's great that it's going to be, it doesn't matter who has it.

It should be totally mint as it was away being prepared last week.

NOTE: Bit of a keyboard slip from me earlier, for those who noticed. :eek: v6clio.net will be joining ClioSport on the day. Appologies for any confusion caused. :eek:

al

ST on the way...
Jamie_Williams3 said:
it would also be good if most of the clio sport members actually appreciated the car, and it wasnt biased towards 172's 182's (i know there are a few members who will appreciate it btw, mat, daz, northy etc etc). i bet alot of the members dont realise they were actually no'd.........anyhow, will be good to see it
172/182's are too common anyway! ;)

Can't wait to see 001.

For us to have 001 on our stand, we should be very proud! :)

Lee said:
They are just delivering and collecting the car northy. (see PM)
Do I detect someone having willy keys? ;)

I don't have a problem with CS getting 0001.

I have more of a problem with wether FCS is an appropriate environment to display such a car and, personally speaking, i don't think it is.

Lets face it, i don't see owners of many other historic cars putting them up for contact with the pie-and-chips brigade so i don't see why Renault should feel the need to.

Its an important car and while yes, it should be seen, it shouldn't be degraded in status by being put to such an obviously chav venue.

thats fantastic! i wish i had the time to come up and appricate it in the metal myself. I think its hard enough to see a willy of any description on the roads, but to see the 'one'. hmmmmmm

106 GTi
u33db said:
I don't have a problem with CS getting 0001.

I have more of a problem with wether FCS is an appropriate environment to display such a car and, personally speaking, i don't think it is.

Lets face it, i don't see owners of many other historic cars putting them up for contact with the pie-and-chips brigade so i don't see why Renault should feel the need to.

Its an important car and while yes, it should be seen, it shouldn't be degraded in status by being put to such an obviously chav venue.

Hopefully in having cars like this on show will help the FCS to been seen in another light, rather than being "labelled" in the way you have done in your post.