ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 0001 & FCS 2006

Rich said:
Hopefully in having cars like this on show will help the FCS to been seen in another light, rather than being "labelled" in the way you have done in your post.

I think due to its content, the FCS website labels itself in that manner more than i do matey!

106 GTi
u33db said:
I think due to its content, the FCS website labels itself in that manner more than i do matey!

I see your point but for all the cruise type clubs there are an equal number of Enthusiast clubs in attendance. I think a fair few people going to the show would take offence at be branded a chav.

Rich said:
I see your point but for all the cruise type clubs there are an equal number of Enthusiast clubs in attendance. I think a fair few people going to the show would take offence at be branded a chav.

'Cruise type clubs' is where i'm coming from - i appreciate there are a fair few 'proper' enthusiates going but nonetheless the cruise brigade will be there...and all that goes with them.

Put it this way, you wouldn't park a F1 car on a council estate...same thing for 0001 at FCS;inappropriate IMO.

al

ST on the way...
u33db said:
Put it this way, you wouldn't park a F1 car on a council estate...same thing for 0001 at FCS;inappropriate IMO.

Ferrari do outside their factory! ;)

As for 0001 at FCS, why not? ClioSport is the ideal club, we're not a bunch of chavs, we are Clio enthusiasts, and we should be proud, not bitchy.

As lee said... "This will be the cars first official outing since Renault UK acquired the car so we're very lucky to have it on our stand."

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
u33db said:
'Cruise type clubs' is where i'm coming from - i appreciate there are a fair few 'proper' enthusiates going but nonetheless the cruise brigade will be there...and all that goes with them.

would it be a differant story if your site had the car on display lol ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
from the shows ive been to, FCS is the least chav-ridden one......

yes they are there, like every show, but there are more enthusiast clubs there than with most shows

dk

911 GTS Cab
heavy weight said:
Agreed

looking forward to seeing it although i wonder what the conditions are to us having it on the stand, maybe we will only be able to see it through the barbed wire fences, mine fields and army of bouncers. lol

must be worth a small fortune!!
LOL, have you seen our plans or something?

We had an idea of an electrified razor fence with Lee guarding ti with a tazor!!!!! ;)

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
I thinks its cool we have the 0001 Williams should stand out well on the CS Stand :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Should be in a museum not paraded about like its gonna be....

Shame really - they're mad for letting people get their hands on it

106 GTi
Daz0rz said:

Not at all, cars like this should be taken and shown so the maximum amount of people can get to enjoy them.

I don't see FCS as a chav show, that's why I try so hard to avoid the naked breast brigade, poll dancers and the like you get at trax / Mod nationals etc. FCS is 100% about car's and the people who llike them. Yes attended in the main by people in their 20s but doesn't make them anything but 150% serious.

We have a history of showing quality cars and the manufacturers ALL give us pre-release vehicles every year. We also have a collection of 'special cars' every year.

Yes its not a classic show and its there to be enjoyed by all types so we do have a broad range of activities all track and car related.

T-16s
V8 space frame 206
197 pre-release
207 pre-release

We have every single non cruise non classic French club attending. Furthermore many of the cruise clubs are not about illegal cruises they are local lads who have formed because of mutual interest and if they move between makes they stick with their crowd. Illegal cruising I agree is not acceptable.

People who know me know fine well what our intentions are. Thats why Goodyear have picked up on FCS along with GTi International and not the rest of the tacky shows.

have a look at http://www.chavscum.co.uk/ we are not. Those who attend the show are not 'pickeys' they are hard working people who love cars. Read how to spot a chav.....

Well done Clioport for adidng to the quality line up. Just wait until you see what Yozza are bringing ;-)

Cheers

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
French Car Show said:
I don't see FCS as a chav show, that's why I try so hard to avoid the naked breast brigade, poll dancers and the like you get at trax / Mod nationals etc. FCS is 100% about car's and the people who llike them. Yes attended in the main by people in their 20s but doesn't make them anything but 150% serious.

We have a history of showing quality cars and the manufacturers ALL give us pre-release vehicles every year. We also have a collection of 'special cars' every year.

Yes its not a classic show and its there to be enjoyed by all types so we do have a broad range of activities all track and car related.

T-16s
V8 space frame 206
197 pre-release
207 pre-release

We have every single non cruise non classic French club attending. Furthermore many of the cruise clubs are not about illegal cruises they are local lads who have formed because of mutual interest and if they move between makes they stick with their crowd. Illegal cruising I agree is not acceptable.

People who know me know fine well what our intentions are. Thats why Goodyear have picked up on FCS along with GTi International and not the rest of the tacky shows.

have a look at http://www.chavscum.co.uk/ we are not. Those who attend the show are not 'pickeys' they are hard working people who love cars. Read how to spot a chav.....

Well done Clioport for adidng to the quality line up. Just wait until you see what Yozza are bringing ;-)

Cheers

WOW, I didn't even know renault were bringing out a 207 bhp version, think I will wait for that one now..........

dk

911 GTS Cab
Daz0rz said:

my dad annoys me with comments like this, whenever i buy something new he doesn't want to get it dirty or use it too much!

I am of the belief that things should be enjoyed and something like this should be enjoyed by as many people as possible. We are lucky it wasn't bought by collector, someone like, well you know who i mean, whereby I would never have the opportunity to ever see this car, its a great thing that RUK bought it and are allowing it to be shown, they appreciate it shouldn't be covered up and kept in storage but paraded and shown to the world in rejoice!

dk

911 GTS Cab
French Car Show said:
207 being peugeot 207 har har and cetainly won't be 207 bhp but the turbo version maybe later or maybe you knew that
LOL, yes sorry, i'm just jealous you have the 197!!!!!!

Nice catch that is, hope we get to look inside it!

It will be on the PGTi stand. we hope to get renault there fll on next year as they are just about there sending two nice cars and loads of brochures etc

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice post Mark, I agree it's one of the least chav shows of the lot. Donny South has to be the worst, in a good women on polls with their tits out sort of way.:eek: FCS not only has club stands etc but offers track time and the quarter mile strip, that's certainly aimed at enthusiasts.

I know what y0z is bringing. Really looking forward to seeing that, from behind his electified fence that's going round it. lol

cheers Lee

that's why i do the show because i like cars!

Most people don't know FCS was the Peugeot GTi Club national day up until 2002 and developed and we still run it for clubs not idiots.

The three of us who do the show all have full time jobs and are club members.

We kind of should be flattered we get pooled in with some of the big shows when we have no paid staff or shareholders waiting on dividends.

S2000
Great to see that 0001 will be there. Unfortunately I won't be there to have a snoop around but still good to know the club will have it. I agree in a sense that it will stand out more on the CS stand than it would on the WC stand. Also, I have to agree with the point Scott made about the CS flier not having any MK1 clios on it - gives the impression it's a MK2 only club.

Ph1 172
I want my car next to th 0001!!!! pretty please.....................
LOL
I can't wait to see it in the flesh, the williams was an icon in its time and should be showed for the whole world to see!

172, Tiguan
donsrno1 said:
Great to see that 0001 will be there. Unfortunately I won't be there to have a snoop around but still good to know the club will have it. I agree in a sense that it will stand out more on the CS stand than it would on the WC stand. Also, I have to agree with the point Scott made about the CS flier not having any MK1 clios on it - gives the impression it's a MK2 only club.

The flyer competition was an open entry to everyone. If the best flyer had Mk1's all over it then that would be how it would look!

I'm looking forward to seeing 001, I think its great that ClioSport has it :D

S2000
jon_r said:
The flyer competition was an open entry to everyone. If the best flyer had Mk1's all over it then that would be how it would look!

I'm looking forward to seeing 001, I think its great that ClioSport has it :D

Yeah I realise that, but I think it should have been part of the terms for entry of a flier that it had a Mk1 and a Mk2 on it as I think it would put new Mk1 owners off a bit. I made this point at the time though and don't want to take this off topic.