ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Widearch Volvo Turbo (B18FT) Mega Bass Project almost complete

I have to admit, it looks less s**t when it's not covered in a million different colours of filler.

Not bad.

What's the plans with the front fogs? Leaving them blanked?

Clio Widearch
wow..nobody has slated it yet (well less s**t is the best it was gonna get there really..lol)

The front fogs aren't blank. There are lights in there but will be tinted in limo black as will the headlights, rear lights and side repeaters

Clio Widearch
Probably but at the end of the day, the law states that you have to be able to see the lights clearly. The rear lights have all been uprated to LED ones and the fronts are 55w HID's and LED indicators. Even the side repeaters are LED and are pretty bright.

Clio Widearch
Small update. This weekend i've been doing a lot of cleaning up as the interior was a right state after all the bodywork over the last few months. At the same time i test fitted the 19" screen which still fits and works well on the PS3....Just needs to fit the suction cups that attach it to the screen at the top to stop it leaning.

DSCF0757_zpsc4b7bdd4.jpg

I'm also in the process of changing all the speaker grills, door handles and dash bits to black instead of silver and a darker blue mesh as it looked a bit cheap before The Pioneer 6x9 grills are being changed as they are battered from when it was used before.

DSCF0756_zps16f2c193.jpg

I've also painted the scuttle panel gloss black to match the car and it looks much better. I also did the wiper (including blade) and the washer jets to match.

DSCF0758_zpsea178f6b.jpg

Haha yeah i live dead opposite the pub, thought i recognised the Supra, just didnt click until tonight! you got a white MG ZS aswell or am i imagining things?

Clio Widearch
that's right yeah. That's my daily work car but the other 2 are the toys....lol

How weird's that living so close. I'll have to keep an eye out for you

PB Clio 172
still enjoying the updates

love your Supra btw always wanted one of them and at £170 a year insurance it must feel great!

Clio Widearch
The insurance cost certainly is a brucey bonus :) The MG costs over double that and its logged as a 1.6 Rover 45 still..lol

Clio Widearch
It is wider. Its a 19" screen. It is removable and slots in the top of the dash. When removed a leather covered panel fits over the hole to hide the cables etc. The original panel actually broke so i'm in the process of making a better new one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh right, thats all a bit manual, I just assumed it would slide up and down electrically or something not that you had to start lifting a tv about, lol.

Clio Widearch
haha..i'm not sure where a 19" TV would fit to slide around in a clio dashboard. I wanted the biggest size i could so a manual option was the only 1 i had. It fits nicely in the enclosure port or behind the seats when not in use. I only ever take it out on show days.

The old one was 15" but this one is much nicer looking and better quality. It also picks up freeview which is a bonus when you want to watch the F1 or Touring car on a Sunday at a show (Thats been done before)...lol The built in laptop and cordless keyboard and mouse etc work with it also.

If you look in the centre between the seats. That's a cooler and food warmer which doubles up as a storage compartment and armrest...very handy :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH never seen much point in taking fridges or food warmers to shows, I just take my wallet, its more the sort of thing I associate with caravaners, but maybe thats just a case of you bringing some touches relevant to your age into a scene more normally full of youngsters, lol.

Clio Widearch
haha...maybe you're right. I'm getting a bit old for this game now i suppose. The cooler/warmer is in all the time as its handy when you've bought some food from a takeaway and want to keep it warm til you get home. :) The cooler isn't used so much.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
haha...maybe you're right. I'm getting a bit old for this game now i suppose. The cooler/warmer is in all the time as its handy when you've bought some food from a takeaway and want to keep it warm til you get home. :) The cooler isn't used so much.

If you are going for a takeaway would you actually take this thing in the first place though, as opposed to one of the sensible cars on the drive?
I'd be in the rover or something so I can bump up a kerb outside the chippy etc, lol.

Clio Widearch
in some ways the clio's more practical as the airbags can raise it a good few inches...still....not exactly a good plan really going near kerbs etc.

If i was having a takeaway after a show or on the way to a cruise i would take it yeah....lol

Clio Widearch
well more like meets these days..proper cruises are a bit dead but places like Ace Cafe and a few select places to go are still going strong

Clio Widearch
new larger radiator is here. A nice Direnza all alloy 40mm core clio 182 race jobbie Brand spanking new and won from a shop on ebay for a measley £70 delivered...bargain

Just need to buy the 16" 120w fan to go with it...oh and will require some major mods to the subframe and repositioned power steering bottle to make it actually fit

DSCF0759_zpsd1c07fd8.jpg

Clio Widearch
haha that film is more appropriate that you probably know...seeing as the actual rear spoiler on my car was in that film on the silver GTT in the 30mph race scene in it.

Chip - They sell them for £159.99 normally but they have some auction ones on there too. I picked one and put a max bid on of £120 as i was prepared to pay that. There were some bids going on towards the end but when they kept being outbid automatically i think the other people bidding just gave up so i got the bargain deal..lol. I won it for £62 + £9 delivery which pleased me no end.

Since the auction i've ordered a 16" slimline fan, 6 speaker grills and should be able to get all the water pipes in silicone all inside the £120 budget....happy days

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just tried placing a bid on one of their rads and it went straight to 62 pounds as well, I wonder if perhaps they are getting someone else to place that amount as a big against all their auctions as a free way to get a reserve on the basis that they end up "winning" it so rarely that it works in their favour compared to paying a reserve?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That film is over a decade old so it shows how far too late you are with creating this monstrosity, lol.

Clio Widearch
haha....I call it bringing the modifying scene back into the place it should be which it should never have left in the first place :)

There are a few sellers on ebay selling these rads. The one i won was at £41 for most of the auction but i ended up winning in a fair way i think. The first 1 i was bidding on from someone else got to the last day of the auction at a low price and was mysteriously took off ebay..hmmmm that was very dodgy.

And yes the actual spoiler :)

Clio Widearch
Was going to try a test fit today but it became a permenant fit instead (was quite easy in the end and no subframe mods required :) It is now in after about 5 hours work messing about with pipe fitments and leaving enough room for the fan etc

Here's the 2 side by side

DSCF0763_zpsd63fc632.jpg

And here it is fitted. Just needs top and bottom hoses joining up now and a couple of bits of metal and silicone pipe purchasing so things are nice and tight. The bonus is i don't even have to move the power steering reservoir as it was there anyway and fits well :)

DSCF0768_zps596d548e.jpg

Clio Widearch
Not much room in here..what a ballache getting this 182 radiator fitted in the end .

The original plan was to run it upside down but then realised that the bottom hose wouldn't fit on if i did that. Now its running the normal way round with a 16" fan on it (still needs attaching) Just need to buy a metre of 32mm silicone hose to attach the bottom and top hoses and its job done but needed to chop some mounting points off the rad and modify intercooler piping etc to get it in this way.

The fan is that close that i've had to break some of the guard grille so the clutch cable can operate..lol Happy with the results though as long as the overheating issues go now. The test will come over the weekend

1_zps5d0bfe07.jpg

2_zpsc7993507.jpg

Astra derv
i read through this whole thread on c16v, i dont like the wide body kit theme but i absolutely love this car the time and effort you have put into it mate i so cant wait for it to be finished, just hurry up lol.

Clio Widearch
cheers mate. Its been a long hard battle with problems every step of the way and people always trying to put me down but luckily i'm very stubborn/determined when i want something...lol.

When i started the rebuild in January 2012 i had a 3 page list of things i wanted to do. It eventually grew to a 4 page list with more things going on than coming off for a while but is now down to half a page. Its nearly there now and just needs a bit more cash throwing in and its ready for painting and showing.

I'm looking forward to the finished article and will be debuting at that first show of the season next March.....all being well

oh and......the overheating problems have now gone. :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mr Gerbil, you are stark raving mental. Completely lost the plot!

But I love it. I love the amount of work and effort you're putting in. Well done sir.