ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 vs Scooby Vs Fiat Coupe *Vid*

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Strange one that dont think they were giving it full beans at the same time!

BMW 120i Sport

If its a standard WRX i would have thought it would top out at about 145 ish?

It does seem to get rapid at the top end quite quickly, or the V6 slows down suddenly or runs out of puff quickly.

I dont reckon that is a V6, just look down the side (in the wing mirror) it has NO wide arch or ally filler cap, my guess is that its a 182?

Simon.

Och the guy driving the Vees a woos..............somebody should tell him to take his foot of the brake eh :D

Cya Stu

BMW 120i Sport

Agreed, you guys should be detectives ;)

Id say deffo a cup, in which case - fookin impressed with it!

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 04 May 2005

TBH the fiat should destroy both of them if its a 20V

errr. NO... the std 20V is only 220bhp and 1310kgs (167bhp per tonne), no way that would destroy a scoobie or a V6 255 :eek:

or when you say both of them do you mean the cup and scoobie?? lol

Simon.

[Edited by SimonV6 on 05 May 2005 at 1:47am]

EVO VII

maybe the scoobys modifed ?? :)

i dont no if its a v6 or not but thats what the file name said.

[Edited by JayGTT on 05 May 2005 at 6:44am]

yeah scooby pulls of a massive amount more than it should. my mates standard scooby never pulled like that from me ever. must be modded or as someone said braked for some reason?

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 05 May 2005

errr. NO... the std 20V is only 220bhp and 1310kgs (167bhp per tonne), no way that would destroy a scoobie or a V6 255 :eek:

Simon.

I take it your not aware of the figures for the fiat then! You could just ask Ben H!

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

I cant get the link to work - do I need to register? - Just get the banner at the top.

I need to see what kind of coup it is - 20V or 20VT.

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 05 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 05 May 2005

Simon.

I take it your not aware of the figures for the fiat then! You could just ask Ben H!

I am just quoting the std figures on the Fiat site, they should know, its there car...lol

Quote: Originally posted by JayGTT on 05 May 2005

maybe the scoobys modifed ?? :)

i dont no if its a v6 or not but thats what the file name said.

[Edited by JayGTT on 05 May 2005 at 6:44am]

Take it from me mate, thats NO v6 clio.....

The Coupe midrange is very, very quick and once on the roll with good 3rd gear gearing accelerates quickly. Never underestimate them. I also dont think that Scoob is standard. It has at least a decat exhaust which gives good results.

[Edited by PaulMc on 05 May 2005 at 9:10am]

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

That isnt a V6. Id say its a cup

Anyways thats only a Uk Scoob Turbo 2000 - For this to pull away like that it would have to be heavily modded. Probs about 300bhp which is a fair bit up on standard! My bros STi is around that figure and weve had it to 165 in no time so that would explaine that.

As for the Coupe its got to be a 16v Turbo. A 20v would leave the Cup for dead and wouldnt be far from the scooby - Sorry Guys!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

ull find most 20v turbos are only in the 14s on the 1/4 mile. When i was looking for one i asked on their forums, and the quickest they had was mid 13s if i can remember, most cups tend to be in the high 14s making them about on par (standard) Most imprezas run 13s. Most scoobies are modded though. an exhaust and decat will give u nearly 20bhp alone.

you dont know the status of any car in that video tho! scooby could be running 350bhp, coupe 280, and cup 200! but i would say the uk scooby was modded slightly (exhaust,decat,???) and the other 2 pretty much standard considerin they were about level. uk scoobies arent that impressive standard!! but i do know that top end an impreza does pull very well!!

Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo (standard) : 220bhp : 1307kg : 171/ton : 6.40 - 60mph : 16.02 - 100mph : 14.58 1/4 mile

Renault Clio Cup (standard) : 170bhp : 1011kg : 170/ton : 6.45 - 60mph : 16.86 - 100mph : 14.68 1/4 mile

Subaru Impreza (exhaust/decat that u can see) : 237bhp? : 1235kg : 194/ton : 5.12 - 0.60 : 14.17 - 100mph : 13.48 1/4 mile

thought these vids were banned on this place anyway!! ;)

320d M Sport

no way a cup is tenth behind a coupe on th 1/4 strip.

my 172 used to get smaoked by my mates 20vt.

coupe should beat all 3 i agree. 0-100 in 14, fastest FWD production car and in gear times quicker than an Evo. imo, lol.

my scooby is a uk model (96) and has 250 BHP from only a decat (possibly a remap too) and I have the dyno graph..std it shud be 205-215 bhp

If you listen to the clip, the exhaust of the scoob gets louder when the clio gets level, then disappears.....he wasnt trying....and they werent all gunning it all the time....

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Having just sold a 20VT and bought a 172 cup and having run both at Santa Pod I can confirm that they will run the 1/4mile in almost identical times (14.1 s). However, after 80mph the 20VT will leave the cup for dead and after 120mph the Scooby will also start to fall behind. Simply the 20VT is aerodynamic and in standard form is good for 160mph (also confirmed by me). The scooby only gets good 1/4mile times because it has 4WD and can do 5000rpm launches with no wheel spin.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

No standard cup will run a 14.1 quarter mile though so how are they identical up the strip?

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 05 May 2005

No standard cup will run a 14.1 quarter mile though so how are they identical up the strip?
Sorry, I just checked my time slips - your quite right. In fact the best I could run in the 172 cup was a 15.1s. So yes in fact the 20VT is a second faster as standard over the 1/4 mile.