ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio v6 to buy or not to buy??? your thoughts please

Italian 3.2 V6
Its longer wheelbase than my mid engined nova, and thats fun on track with the same power and less weight.

I just dont see why people who havent driven anything similar are arguing the toss against people who have. Its a pretty hard thing to convince someone that somethng they have experienced first hand working wont work, but feel free to keep trying, lol

All the N/A westy boys all say that you can have much over 200bhp in a westy or you cant ever use it, I think they are wrong too.

Fair point. Just hard to think the V6 could handle the power as the standard power can be a handful for most.

CBR1K, F21 125D
No, the driver just has to put the thottle on or off.

If it spins while in the on position, the car is a failure.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Throttle control?

Same reason you can drive a Ferrari at 30mph and not 150mph everywhere.

Evo 5 RS
Surely the driver has to handle the power?

It's all relative and yes this exactly. I recently went out in an 800BHP R33. although handled is also not exactly a statement of fact lol.

Lets just say you have a 2 mile stretch of clear road and an absolute nutcase driving it, it's not something I'd do again in a hurry. The car wasn't at any one point going straight and there was no traction what so ever till speeds I wouldn't dare utter on here...

I'm still alive though :D

Again it's all relative - if you've driven a V6, you could probably take a gander as to what it would be like with 500bhp...

A handful I'd imagine but not undrivable...pointless, but not undrivable :D

Italian 3.2 V6
Surely the driver has to handle the power?

True, but the v6 is a hard car to drive fast, alot of people are unable to drive it fast = spin, ditch, boom. And with twice the power ALOT less people would be able to keep the Vee facing forward.

It's a known fact the v6 is trouble with OEM power if you arnt on the ball when gunning it, never mind 500bhp - lol.

That's an interesting point, but ultimately "can the car handle the power?" is a bit of a flawed question. Unless one drives everywhere with their foot buried in the carpet ALL the time. It's really a case of "can the driver handle the car with that much power?". Depends on the driver.

Italian 3.2 V6
That's an interesting point, but ultimately "can the car handle the power?" is a bit of a flawed question. Unless one drives everywhere with their foot buried in the carpet ALL the time. It's really a case of "can the driver handle the car with that much power?". Depends on the driver.

True.

I still think 500bhp is silly in a V6. I'm not saying it isn't possible or as soon as u sit in the seat you die immediately. But if you were the type of person to put 500bhp into a v6, your not going to be the person who only uses 40-50% of the power when you use it, that be a pointless waste of money. Let's be honest the temptation would be to much. You would push the car abit further every now and again. Id imagin (unless you were a VERY good driver) it would catch you out very quickly as most of us know the nature of the V6.

260% JCW
Ive been in vx220 with similar power, and that coped ok, as does my car, as do lots of audi tt powered elises, I just dont see how you can say something wont work when there are so many examples of similar that do!

A car "being a handful" is something that lots of us enjoy, if you want a car that isnt a handful then a 1.2 clio is perfect.

Comparing a vx220 to a v6 Clio?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How the f**k is this still going on?!

Dunno, everyone seems to be just flaming each other.

2-1.jpg

Last edited:
  White clique
This thread captures willy waving, unqualified historical V6 hating, trolling and council chavs all in one massive bundle. Bravo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Comparing a vx220 to a v6 Clio?

Comparing a vx220 to a short wheelbase mid engined car which is what he said wouldnt be able to work with big power.

Other than the obvious weight difference, the basic layout is very similar to a V6 though, and so the way they drive on the limit is fairly comparable.