ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio v6 to buy or not to buy??? your thoughts please

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: clio v6 to buy or not to buy??? youre thoughts please

You need to be clearer with what you want?

Will it be a second/third car? There not the cheapest things to run but again - this wont be much of a problem if it is indeed a second/third car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Expensive to run, slow, handle badly, look like they were put together in a shed.

Ali's going to burn your house down.

A white and black one

Nice car but it's renault engineering, would never get a renault again

An orange one

The fact that you have to ask about them says to me personally you will regret it...

you either "just get them" or you dont.

ive had 3 now, bloody love the things! :D

Its a car you own because you want it not because its good at anything in particualy.

There nothing quite like it there are better handling/ faster / cheaper to live with/ more usuable cars out there but there not a V6 Clio.

I want a usuable economical car but if I could even slightly justify buying one I would over any other similar or more expensive car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Try test driving one and see what you think.

Not mentally quick in a straight line, no better on the bends than a 172, but the looks are epic and if you tuned the engine it could be awesome IMHO

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
budget 12/ 13k for a good one-

Buy off the forum on V6clio.net

Ensure Cambelt done from a reputable place

Only take it to 2 places for servicing- SG motorsport or BTM on here ( fred )

try & get a good colour - NOT SILVER !

if you have any queries PM Me

S

Listerine & Poledo
Awesome mini-exotics.

NOt to be confused with any front-drive clio, in that they are still worth money and will be for years to come.

get one, keep it standard, dont pinch pennies on maintenence

CBR1K, F21 125D
Its a car you own because you want it not because its good at anything in particualy.

There nothing quite like it there are better handling/ faster / cheaper to live with/ more usuable cars out there but there not a V6 Clio.

I want a usuable economical car but if I could even slightly justify buying one I would over any other similar or more expensive car.

f**king hell, welcome back Edde :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
budget 12/ 13k for a good one-

Buy off the forum on V6clio.net

Ensure Cambelt done from a reputable place

Only take it to 2 places for servicing- SG motorsport or BTM on here ( fred )

try & get a good colour - NOT SILVER !

if you have any queries PM Me

S

What have i done to you??!? lol! Service a few, done several belts etc aswell! :)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I think if you need to ask whether to buy or not you may regret buying one. No they arent the fastest or best handling cars in the world but id give anything to own one!
Absolutely love the things, Think they look amazing and are just so different

260% JCW
A friend of mine traded in the 172 for a v6 clio. Then traded back in for another 172 (back in 2003). Although it looks the nuts he didn't think it was as fun.

An orange one
It's the insurance being so damn expensive (group20) and simple costs like tyres and part prices that have kept them out of chav hands, in my opinion anyways..

Plus now they probably seem too old to a chav, who would much rather go and get chuckied up on a new corsa VXR lol

M135i
I heard they catch fire quite easily.

Can somebody post the picture that proves this??

In all seriousness, they're not the fastest. They're not the sweetest handling.

However, for pure sense of occassion when driving one, I reckon they're probably not far off a supercar.

An orange one
Just go for the 172/182 iirc. Connoisseur are buy French shopping trolley?

have you driven a v6 mate? interior aside its soo far removed from a FWD clio that you honestly dont for one minute feel like your driving a renault clio...

i mean, nothing is the same about the whole experience

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
have you driven a v6 mate? interior aside its soo far removed from a FWD clio that you honestly dont for one minute feel like your driving a renault clio...

i mean, nothing is the same about the whole experience

Are connoisseur?

Italian 3.2 V6
Lol at the performance comments.

You dont buy a v6 on it's performance stats etc, if you do you have missed the point in the whole car all togther! It's all about the noise, the image, the drama, the feeling that it gives you everytime you drive it. The only people who should buy a V6 are the ones who's hairs stand up on the back of their neck once turning the key for that very first time. Proper enthusiasts.

OP - I dont think it's a car for you from even questioning the idea.

MCS R56
Lol at the performance comments.

You dont buy a v6 on it's performance stats etc, if you do you have missed the point in the whole car all togther! It's all about the noise, the image, the drama, the feeling that it gives you everytime you drive it. The only people who should buy a V6 are the ones who's hairs stand up on the back of their neck once turning the key for that very first time. Proper enthusiasts.

OP - I dont think it's a car for you from even questioning the idea.

LOL!

New V6 owner - "Just bought a new exotic car at the weekend..."

Work mate - "Really?!"

New V6 owner - "Yeah, proper rare, RWD, mid engined. Just picked it up yesterday, totally mint. Got the keys, sat in it and turned the ignition on... goose bumps, couldn't wait to get it on the road!"

Work mate - "Wow, sounds awesome mate! So, what is it then?" (Thinking something Italian...)

New V6 owner - "A Renault Clio." :eek: