ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio trophy #007 whoring + arch detail

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Gave the clio a clean today, looks as if the zymol wax is keeping a nice deep glossy shine

Some may have seen when I had the timing done that I gave the sachs dampers a quick clean over, well I decided the full arch should be done, especially with the bad weather right around the corner, I felt it would be easier to keep on top of them every 2-3 weeks if they've got all the dirt removed

Anyway I'll let the pics do the talking, cheers

010-19.jpg

013-11.jpg

014-10.jpg

016-6.jpg

018-6.jpg

022-6.jpg

024-4.jpg

025-5.jpg

027-5.jpg

A very gay reflection shot, just to show the clarity of the paint

029-5.jpg

So then, onto the arch's, in order : front drivers, rear drivers, front pass, rear pass (only got 1 pic finished :( ) .....sorry about the sun rays, right nightmare

030-4.jpg

031-4.jpg

033-4.jpg

034-4.jpg

Trying my best to capture the tardis doing its thing

040-3.jpg

042-3.jpg

043-2.jpg

046-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

Arch liners dressed

051-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

Rear:

053-1.jpg

054-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

Mid point shot

058-1.jpg

Rear Rinsed down after working in tardis and APC

061-1.jpg

Dressed

064-1.jpg

065-1.jpg

Same process for the other side and just some quick pics

081-1.jpg

082-1.jpg

083-1.jpg

A nice rock and some grit/dirt build up in the arch

084-1.jpg

085-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

087-1.jpg

088-1.jpg

092-1.jpg

097.jpg

Wheels back on

072-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

075-1.jpg

All finished, back on the ground, tyres, spliiter and fog surrounds dressed

079-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

Sorry for the ammount of pics, decided to get quite snapper happy today

For those interested products used were:

Tardis glue and tar remover
All Purpose cleaner (meguires)
Stiff Brush
Microfibre cloths
Chemical Guys bare bones arch trim dressing

Clio 197
wicked job mate :D stunning, that bare bones stuff is the business - just ordered some and some more apc.

S2 106 GTI
Looking very nice fellow trophy owner! The stones and dirt do build up alot in the rear arch/skirt. I just use snow foam in the arches but might get some apc cleaner looks good!

Disastra Coupe
I'm thinking it might have been a better idea to have done the arches before the rest of the car? To avoid splattering water and dirt around the freshly cleaned paintwork.

But it's a nice job anyway pal. Did the same to my Saxo yesterday :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
is there a part of the arch liner missing that covers the belt?

Yes, it's a cover that goes over the pulley, my mate from renault reckons most garages remove them for the belt service and dont bother putting them bk on.

Thankfully its been good weather since the belt was done but I will be getting a new one ordered this week

BG 182 FF
credit to you dressing the splitter and fog surrounds makes a massive improvement. Looks great.

172 Cup
The arches looks much better now mate, i'll have to get mine done when it gets detailed.

The car still looks awesome with the zymol on too!

R26
I take it you used Chemical Guys bare bones arch trim dressing on the fog surrounds, looks awesome, how long does it last?

Z4
No axle stands for that amount of time! Dangerous...

The car looks in great condition, fair play, but I really don't understand detailing the inside arch! There's not enough time in the world...I'm all for detailing but in the winter you're going to be dodging puddles, waste of time lol, each to their own though :)

Clio 182
Good work, I'm sure mine are going to be in a state.

I always see you on a wednesday at Teesside park btw.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dont worry it gets driven every single day, detailed and driven, not driven how it should be granted, I've only driven it 'hard' once and it was the best car I've ever experienced, I just think its good to give it TLC, keep it in tip top condition and in years to come it will still be a mint trophy

Fog surrounds, splitter and tyre's were dressed with auto smart tyre gloss, its the same sort of substance used for normal vinyl applications so two birds one stone sort of scenario.

Thanks for all the good comments guys, in the next few weeks I will be rinsing the archs down and see how the bare bones is holding up on the arch liners, giving the calipers a lick of paint and possibly applying some waxoyl to the archs to keep them protected for years to come

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks awesome!

You still selling it?
Hit and miss, I really dont want to, but the way things are going its going to have very high miles and then it wont be worth as much, I'm trying my best to keep it as mint as I can, especially as its a daily

I'm looking into getting a daily driver so I can tuck the trophy up in the garage and use it how it should be on weekends

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hit and miss, I really dont want to, but the way things are going its going to have very high miles and then it wont be worth as much, I'm trying my best to keep it as mint as I can, especially as its a daily

I'm looking into getting a daily driver so I can tuck the trophy up in the garage and use it how it should be on weekends

It's a 15k Clio, drive it!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd rather just use it on a weekend and the odd trackday if I ever get round to it, keeps it fresh and keeps my interest in it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love it, good work! I tend to do the arches on mine after the winter :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Lets just get over the lack of axle stand, I do normally use them but on this occasion I didnt

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Instead of starting another thread I thought I'd show you the latest addition to the trophy, renault sport mats courtesy of the above wests renault

I gave the car a hoover but these shots are pre trim plastics being cleaned

004-29.jpg

005-28.jpg

001-29.jpg

002-29.jpg

The recaro's are still holding up well, 71k miles and still no real signs of wear

006-26.jpg

I'm going to give the recaro alcantara a clean tomorrow to see if any dirt comes off them and I will also be treating the leather and applying some leather feed.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks spot on Chris, I need those mats in my life, mine have seen better days lol...

Black 172
i hope u didnt have that nasty jack direct onto the jacking point, will make a right mess and take off all the stone chip!