ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks like it has a bonnet bra on it and the green looks less minty. :( Front diffuser isn't that noticeable though

Black 182 + Recaros
The green looks better in that video. I'm not sure if I like the black area at the front though. I'm sure it will grow on me.

172cup
On the rensport forum they reckon it is an id paint colour, so it ll look different depending upon the light.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I like the rear diffuser but other than that not a fan, I'm not a fan of the front end at all! looks squished and kinda retarded for lack of a better term imo, and the other changes are just taken from the options on the current 197 really, speedline wheels, chrome exhaust tips and cup spoiler.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think it's visually an improvement on the current model what so ever.

RB 197 fatty
big improvement on the back exhaust and diffuser wise...but the font has made me cry and dribble my digestives down my front. looks like its been in an accident and had bits taken off!!!

glad it looks quite a bit different though.

...but atm would still rather have mine!

but who knows, maybe the looks will grow on me, and someone will be able to convince me that the extra 3mph top speed will make me upset everytime i see one on my way to work! doubt it tho.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it is 200PS i presume like the 197 was 197PS? the 197 was 194bhp so i guess with a 3 bhp this will now be a clio 200 with 197bhp?

is the alien green a matt colour? bit difficult ot see in the vids/pics.

the bumper line... hmmm a bit odd... not a major fan of the visable tail pipes... but i think it does look superb! i like it on first impressions so no doubt i will LOVE it. I will no doubt be making an order at somepoint! :D nice work renault!!

I prefer the GT! The 200 just does not stand out, all the black (black bump strips, black bumper an thos exhausts at each side of the car nope me dont like).

R_4300.jpg

imagegallery02540x303_Gallery.jpg

R_4299.jpg

imagegallery01540x303_Gallery.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like the rear diffuser but other than that not a fan, I'm not a fan of the front end at all! looks squished and kinda retarded for lack of a better term imo, and the other changes are just taken from the options on the current 197 really, speedline wheels, chrome exhaust tips and cup spoiler.
They aren't exhaust tips, it's a completely new exhaust/diffuser design.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
imagegallery01540x303_Gallery.jpg

i think the front has obviously been styled ot link in with the new megane

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^p**n TBH!!!

btw them side by side photo's make me realise how badly i want a GW cup :( :(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think this 172 will be my last clio tbh. Unless this 200 is something special, i would rather own a Golf Gti tbh

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
My word they've fucked up the front of that car. It wouldn't look so bad if they bodycoloured the front of the thing. Why o why do they leave it as unpainted plastic?

At least the Cup is actually marginally different this time. 36 kgs. Not a great deal to write home about.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Can somebody PS the front blackness so that it's colour coded please? I've seen one Meganechick did for the Mégane and it didn't look too bad.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
They aren't exhaust tips, it's a completely new exhaust/diffuser design.
sorry yeah they are, I was likening them to the exhaust tips I didn't mean they were. I'm guessing the exhaust system will be responsible for the extra 3hp as with the 172/182?

Clio sport 197 f1 R27
Was asking in Renault about when this was out on Sat, but they didn't have a scooby.

May - excellent that gives me time to get in the house, then and get an order in. With 200ps it's gonna be sooooo much quicker than the crappy 197!!!

Is that only because you aint got a 197..

it is 200PS i presume like the 197 was 197PS? the 197 was 194bhp so i guess with a 3 bhp this will now be a clio 200 with 197bhp?

Well yes, but the 197 was actually putting out about 190ps wasn't it? Circa 185bhp. Misleading numbers when you consider they name the car after those numbers.

RB 197 fatty
the front end looks like its all been snapped off and sharp corners are sticking out. glad i didnt wait!