ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
So its still not as light as it should be then!

On the flip side i hear the new Meggy is lighter than the old one....and i think its a rather handsome beast at that.

Personally think it looks god awful from the front. Theres far too much going on, lines all over the place that dont need to be there.

New megane is absolutely amazing though, the lines work so much better than the 200. Really properly want one.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Hate the Mazda 6 mps look bullshit fake exhaust tips! Why o why dont they put a blower on it, just for the torque alone!

6/468 17poo
New Clio: looks mangled and the bonnet/wing/headlight area is god damn awful, green with the black wheeels looks okish tho just the front end is a bit hmmmmmmmm

New Megane:Just a plain no

Seeing one in the flesh maybe a different story tho, still like the 1*2s more tho

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Astra VXR? Seriously? One minute the Megane looks like a 197, and now the Megane looks like an Astra? Is the internet actually real or am I just dreaming it?

The back end does have the same sort of window and look about it.

It has an extra 20bhp, but how much heavier is the damn thing? I'd rather have the same engine from the 230 but less weight.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The back end does have the same sort of window and look about it.

It has an extra 20bhp, but how much heavier is the damn thing? I'd rather have the same engine from the 230 but less weight.
no need, the new megane is lighter than the old megane.

320d
Looks like it will be good.

Alien Green could be the new RB.

200 doesn't sound as good as 172, 182 or 197 though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wow, Clio is hideous! :dapprove:

Megane... is okay, though still not sure on what they've done at the front. Rear however is far superior to the last one, even if they have stolen the VXR's exhaust! :eek:

I'm sorry but Corsa & Astra still win it for me...

Arctic blue 182ff
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup is for enthusiasts looking for a fusion of performance and a sporty ride. This version is 36kg lighter than the 200 version and boasts the best weight-to-power ratio of its class (166hp/tonne).[/FONT]
isnt the 182 a better power to weight ratio of 172 per tonne???

172cup
182ff is about 165 and 182 cup about 168. Trophy is about 167/168.

200 must weigh about 1200 in order to give 1 166 power to weight ratio.

Lee

BMW M2C
Glacier white was an 'i.d. paint option' and it was only couple hundred quid.

It's odd they class the white as an i.d. colour, considering how much they usually charge for an i.d. colour.

Green won't be popular!

I don't have any pricing info on the car yet though. Not that I'm thinking of swapping again. :eek:

PH1 172
not fussed on front end or exhausts/diffuser?

surely they ruin the point of the diffuser by ruining the air flow with the sticky out tail pipes?! hence perhaps them adding the spoiler?

do however LOVE the green - and saw a set of recaros with a yellow/meshed effect centre in them which look fantastic!

Clio v6 & Atom 300
I have to admit i like it!

Looks V modern!

Wider track will i'm sure help handling a little too.

And its GOOD to see even incremental power increase. 3BHP is better than nothing, and the torque comes in a little lower too.

As you say probably to blunt extra weight tho.:rolleyes:

Has power to weight gone up or down since the 197?

Peter

Abarth 500
clio2-1.gif

clio1-1.jpg

Tav

Clio 197
In green, yes please!

Think I'll get off my bum and have me a test drive in one of these when they arrive in show rooms.

GW RS200
Thought this forum was about people who liked fast(ish) cars?! 90% commented on looks alone. Awww, every online/mag review of the 197 lump said it was gutless (albeit with a killer chassis), and I'm guessing this is gonna be the same or worse as it's even heavier? I know RS prefer NA engines but it's beginning to get beyond a joke now. Forced induction has to be the way forward!!

clio 172 cup
but it will never produce 200 probs only 190 so its only 156bhp per tonne doesnt sound fast anuth to me, c.vxr can produce 250bhp now!

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
the 2 pics above have made me change my mind about the green, it looks awesome :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks awesome from the rear 3/4. Not going to call the front the ugliest RS until I've seen one.